PDA

View Full Version : New Cell Phone Question - Help!

Bluestrike_2
05-11-2005, 09:13 PM
Well, I'm with Cingular, and I've been meaning to replace my current phone for a while. Originally I was planning to go with a v551 (Motorola) for $149. Anyhow, a HUGE price drop for the Motorola Razr v3 has occured ($199) if ordered from their online store.

With a difference of only $50, the choice is a lot more complicated. I want something with excellent qualities as a PHONE. Good, clear, reception. I don't need a jack of all trades, but everything is in this day and age. I've used the cheaper phones and have not been that all impressed. I want something that will last a while, and won't break if I breath on it. The Razr appears to be much more sturdier and scratch-resistant.

Does anyone have any experience with either phone? Opinions?

Thanks!

gamarada717
05-11-2005, 09:34 PM
I have a v551, and it is an excellent phone. I've dropped it several times and never had a pixel go out. It has many nice features, a nice speaker phone and clear, loud reception. The only thing that I dislike about it is that it's kind of ugly, and so many people have this phone now...I wish that they made different colors or something. Because sometimes, my friends and I will get ours mixed up. Buttons are easy to push, not too crowded or anything. The bluetooth is also very nice to use with my Kensington USB bluetooth adapter for my computer. It's a tad large compared to other phones today.

BUT...

One of my friends just got a Razr, and it is very sweet. I just think it's a cooler phone, and it's thinner, so it doesn't make a huge bulge in your pocket if you're wearing jeans or something. 50 bucks? Why not. You might regret it later if you don't.

I would go with the Razr.

fire1811
05-11-2005, 10:41 PM
if you have the money get the razr my old lady has one its pretty sweet

SpecialBlend2786
05-12-2005, 02:05 AM
i dunno, they are both great phones. However i never really liked the feel of the razr. It never felt right in my hands, way too thin for me. If you havn't held one yet i suggest you do, cause i for one hated the feel. I couldn't imagine carrying out a conversation while holding something so thin. :(

billybob_81067
05-12-2005, 02:07 AM
I couldn't imagine carrying out a conversation while holding something so thin. :(

Never talked to the person in the urinal next to ya?

LOL! sorry, but you set yourself up for that one! :p

fire1811
05-12-2005, 07:09 AM

lol ouch

SpecialBlend2786
05-12-2005, 08:27 PM

naw, it was actually a reference to your gf :dance:

ok i'm done.

EDIT: it's actually unnerving to be talking to some guy next to you at the urinal who is quite intent on looking at you while he speaks :tard:

billybob_81067
05-13-2005, 12:58 AM

Oh so now my g/f is thin eh??? I take offense at that! :mad: :p Too bad I don't have a g/f :( Although it's probably a good thing I don't seeing as how I'm married :)

EDIT: it's actually unnerving to be talking to some guy next to you at the urinal who is quite intent on looking at you while he speaks :tard:

Yes, that is a very awkward situation... luckily I haven't been in that one more than a few times and those few times I just stared straight ahead at the wall. The wall is your friend when you're using a urinal...

:)

nippinout
05-13-2005, 01:11 AM
Oh so now my g/f is thin eh??? I take offense at that! :mad: :p Too bad I don't have a g/f :( Although it's probably a good thing I don't seeing as how I'm married :)

Yes, that is a very awkward situation... luckily I haven't been in that one more than a few times and those few times I just stared straight ahead at the wall. The wall is your friend when you're using a urinal...

I was at a wedding in Fargo, ND last summer at a hotel banquet hall. Attached to the hotel was a bar/restaurant that had a bathroom with the strangest urinals. Above the urinal was privacy glass so you could look at everybody in the bar/restaurant while handling business, but they couldn't see you.

An odd experience. But one that I would like to have again. :rofl:

billybob_81067
05-13-2005, 01:28 AM
That would definately be an odd experience!

My sister sent me an e-mail of this public restroom built on the street of a city and it was made completely out of one way glass... Could you imagine how freaky that would be!!! It'd be like peeing in front of everyone on the street!

lol

http://forums.jmoutdoors.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=434

http://forums.jmoutdoors.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=435

SpecialBlend2786
05-15-2005, 07:25 PM
naw, i guess my reference was just too vulgar to be caught :nono:

but yeah, no gf's if you're married :nono:

The wall is your friend when you're using a urinal...

wise wise words.

from cell phones to urinals.....

tropical_fishy
05-15-2005, 08:50 PM

ok i'm done.

errrr... that's one image of you I never wanted to see, love. **bangs head on keyboard**.

WickeDKlowN
05-15-2005, 09:13 PM
That would definately be an odd experience!

My sister sent me an e-mail of this public restroom built on the street of a city and it was made completely out of one way glass... Could you imagine how freaky that would be!!! It'd be like peeing in front of everyone on the street!

lol

http://forums.jmoutdoors.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=434

http://forums.jmoutdoors.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=435
Can't ypu actually see through that stuff if you put your face up to it or something?

billybob_81067
05-16-2005, 07:59 AM
Can't ypu actually see through that stuff if you put your face up to it or something?

Yeah... that's what I was thinking too, cause we had an ISS room where I went to highschool and if the light was on in the principal's room you could actually see through it pretty well...

Don't ask me how I know! :p