PDA

View Full Version : Intellifeed Wire Questions

The Mag Man
11-25-2001, 08:19 PM
Suppose one of the golden threads inside the plastic wire protector was cut, would this render that wire useless. Please view the picture I attached. The arrow points to a strand that i'm talking about. If that were cut shorter than the rest of the golden threads, would that mess the connection up? Say if even 2 or 3 of the golden threads got cut out, but the rest were intact, would that mess the connection up? Thanks.

NikeMann
11-25-2001, 08:24 PM
i see no reason for a few threads to mess up the connection. i have had wires like that (none in my gun) and it didnt effect the connection at all. after all, it's only 3 threads of the many that are there.

Tunaman
11-25-2001, 08:26 PM
It won't matter. Just re-cut the insulation and do it again if you have any doubts. If alot of them have been cut, definately re-strip the wires and start over.

n1mr0d
11-25-2001, 08:35 PM
one thread isn't gonna hurt much...isn't much current going thru that. plus they all are in there together anyway...so it's not gonna matter.

Restola
11-25-2001, 08:43 PM
i think i know what you are talking about, its a different color thread from the rest. i dont think it actually does anything, i think it just shows that the negative or positve (not sure which one).