PDA

View Full Version : Classic Valve?

yingyang
05-12-2005, 07:15 PM
Is the classic valve a piece of crap? Or the AIR valve same thing i know. Im the weekend warrior but sometimes step on the field. Does the AIR valve have good preformece of should i save and get an x valve, I got HPA. Also do they both have the same effeciney?

GT
05-12-2005, 07:23 PM
classic valve is great. Honestly for mechs, I cant tell the difference bewteen the classic and X aside from the weight and ULT.

punkncat
05-12-2005, 08:09 PM
Classic is a really good valve. Super dependable and made to last forever.

I enjoy the RT effect of the "newer" valves, but I still own a Classic and will not be rid of it as long as I play paintball. I know for fact that no matter how long its been I can pick it up, air it up and it will work great. With a bit of precaution I can use it with CO2 as well.....a feature I wish the RT lineage shared...lol Realistically I haven't used CO2 in so long that all my tanks are out of hydro though.

paint magnet
05-12-2005, 08:35 PM
Classic valves rock...what else do you know that has an integrated regulator, has no problem doing 16 bps, and was designed over 14 years ago?

And A.I.R. stands for Advanced Integrated Regulator. It's the back half of the valve.

Scott Hudnall
05-12-2005, 08:47 PM
You can't go wrong with a "classic" of "AIR" valve. I've got an older AIR valve on my old mag, a classic on my kid's mag, and an "Emag" valve on my emag project mag. The emag valve in mech does feel faster, probably due to the RT effect, but is a bit more sensitive to tolerance issues on trigger rod/sear and body screw overtightening. the old AIR valve....what can I say....it rocks. Use HP with it and it will not fail you.

It's an awesome design. if it had not been released 15 years ago....and was just coming out today....everyone would hail it as the next major step forward in paintball valve technology.....except for the efficiency issue which really is NOT as bad as many flame about.

mag-owner
05-12-2005, 09:03 PM
Is the classic valve a piece of crap?

nope, i dont think so......

Rift
05-12-2005, 09:14 PM
Its by no means a peice of crap its a great and dependable valve. However if you are looking for weight, Rt effect, and a faster recharge rate then the X-valve is the way to go.

Joni
05-13-2005, 07:36 AM
Just stepping in to agree =)
My old classic was a tank that never let me down. I love my x-valve, but it does need a little more TLC to be 100%, while the classic always was working flawlessly

warbeak2099
05-13-2005, 07:51 AM
If you're playing rec (weekend warrior style) the classic valve is perfect. It's durable and easy to maintain.

Maggot6
05-13-2005, 03:30 PM
I haven't used CO2 in so long that all my tanks are out of hydro though.

Yeah, when I got into my second mag, I just sold all my co2 tanks..

yingyang
05-13-2005, 06:11 PM
Thanks all of you, yea im made my decison, im getting a mag with a classic. i was going to get an ion but i dont really like them.