PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360!!

Fanatic
05-12-2005, 08:32 PM
ha im the first to post!!
looks gorgeous!!
just saw it on MTV...all those renders in the forums were really close!
cant wait to buy 2

gamarada717
05-12-2005, 09:01 PM
I think it looks stupid. And the graphics didn't even look all that impressive....I sure hope they pull it together. I don't want to buy a PS3 and miss out on Halo 3.

personman
05-12-2005, 09:06 PM
Meh, honestly the graphics and such didnt look much better than the origional xbox's. I wasnt that impressed. IMO Microsoft could have done better if they had waited longer and done more work on the graphics instead of being so focused on being the first out.

Steelrat
05-12-2005, 09:12 PM
I'll reserve judgement until I actually see it in person. Microsoft is a huge, successful company, and I doubt they would release a sub-standard product.

That being said, I will definately be getting one.

skife
05-12-2005, 09:13 PM
i was impressed at how MTV could take 5 minutes of information and turn it into a half hour special....

what do the killers have to do with xbox 360?
although its the first i've seen music on MTV in a long time.

personman
05-12-2005, 09:15 PM
i was impressed at how MTV could take 5 minutes of information and turn it into a half hour special....

qft qft and qft.

I also liked how they showed the same commericals over and over again. Now I remember why I dont watch tv. :)

But yeah I'll have to play it before I really make a judgement on it.

quik
05-12-2005, 09:23 PM
I didnt see it, somebody show it to me.

tony3
05-12-2005, 09:30 PM
I'll reserve judgement until I actually see it in person. Microsoft is a huge, successful company, and I doubt they would release a sub-standard product.

It's called internet explorer ;)

Steelrat
05-12-2005, 09:32 PM
Yeah, Internet Explorer is real substandard :rolleyes:

Dope ;)

mikey101
05-12-2005, 09:35 PM

wow..why don't you tell us how you really feel about mtv? hah, i'm impressed good work.

Fanatic
05-12-2005, 09:48 PM
well they did say it will or be HD compatible...er made for HD i guess

p8ntball365
05-12-2005, 09:51 PM
Didn't look like there was much room for an HDD...

Looked ok in my opinion and the wireless looks cool. I can't wait for UC2 to come out, I wanna try it.

skife
05-12-2005, 10:04 PM
Didn't look like there was much room for an HDD...

Looked ok in my opinion and the wireless looks cool. I can't wait for UC2 to come out, I wanna try it.

don't need that much room, they make laptop harddrives in 60gb last time i knew.

Head knight of Ni
05-12-2005, 10:05 PM
Meh, honestly the graphics and such didnt look much better than the origional xbox's. I wasnt that impressed. IMO Microsoft could have done better if they had waited longer and done more work on the graphics instead of being so focused on being the first out.

Well it's the first generation of games you can't expect the best graphics it'll be able to run in the first set of titles. I mean compare some a games like Conker:Live and Reloaded to earlier Xbox games or Itself before the facelift.
http://www.monkeygames.org/pictures/conker.jpg Vs.http://www.vgln.com/images/conker/4.jpg

Perfect Dark Zero looks good graphicly right?http://www.1up.com/media?id=1879118&type=lghttp://img145.echo.cx/img145/1315/perfectdarkzerosignormal6ei.jpg

mcveighr
05-12-2005, 10:33 PM
and I doubt they would release a sub-standard product.

hahahahahaha

Windows ME anyone?

Head knight of Ni
05-12-2005, 10:34 PM
hahahahahaha

Windows ME anyone?

But, I like the blue screen. :cry:

CaptaiN_JacK
05-12-2005, 10:41 PM
For those too lazy too actually read the links but still feel the need to argue over facts:

Copied and pasted from http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/608/608394p3.html

What are the quick and dirty system specs?
# 3.2 GHz PowerPC processor with 3 cores
# ATI custom graphics chip
# 512MB GDDR3 Unified System Memory
# 10MB embedded DRAM
# 12X DVD drive
# 20GB HDD

Xbox 360's GPU is based on ATI's next-generation graphics chip, putting it at least one generation beyond its current X850 card for PCs.

The GPU runs at 500MHz and features 48 shader units, which are not directly comparable to traditional pixel pipelines. Rather than having pixel and vertex shaders work as separated elements like on current PC video cards, each shader unit can perform either pixel or vertex shading as necessary. This allows the system to move performance to where it's needed, either for more effects or more raw geometry rendering.

Will Xbox 360 output HD and/or 16:9 video?
Yes. In fact, at E3 this year, Microsoft is requiring anyone showing an Xbox 360 game to run said game on a display with a native resolution of at least 720p. HD Era indeed. 720p and 1080i are both supported out of the box and are the preferred gaming resolutions, though 480p and 480i will obviously be supported as well.

Microsoft has not released a price point for new Xbox Live subscribers on 360, but they have stated that all current subscribers will carry over to the new console. I'll state that again for emphasis: Current Xbox Live subscribers will automatically have access to Live on 360 at no added cost.

There are two tiers of Live service on Xbox 360. The silver tier is free and includes access to the Marketplace, with gamer profiles, voice and text messaging, video messages from gold members, and some massive multiplayer online games. The gold level is paid and includes all of the silver functionality along with online tournaments, video chat, multiplayer gaming, and Live special events.

Vex
05-13-2005, 02:43 AM
looks gorgeous!!
cant wait to buy 2
Actually, I posted about this on the 10th.
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=174946

Target Practice
05-13-2005, 03:42 AM

Come on man, it's Micro$oft. The can release whatever the hell they want and get away with it.

They're almost as bad as Google.

Steelrat
05-13-2005, 07:12 AM
Come on man, it's Micro$oft. The can release whatever the hell they want and get away with it.

They're almost as bad as Google.

I have my reasons, but I despise MS bashers. Most people have no clue what goes on with MS and its products. Take the virus issue as an example.

Lohman446
05-13-2005, 07:45 AM
looks gorgeous!!
cant wait to buy 2

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=174946

So close to being first too :D

ScatterPlot
05-13-2005, 10:41 AM
Whats the deal with the "Live Marketplace"? Is it like an Ebay for Xboxes or something? MTV didn't show really anything substantial on that.

ScatterPlot
05-13-2005, 10:43 AM
Oh yeah- does anybody know if HD TV's will be required to play? Cause if so I gotta buy a new TV, along with most of the rest of the country...

Archangel Kid
05-13-2005, 12:24 PM
The Live Marketplace from what I understand... is basically what the 360 is all about. Customization. If you want to change the look of your character in a game. You can buy a T-Shirt from the marketplace and it will show up on your character in a game. Now what I want to know is can you buy something from the marketplace and will it be in single player games, or will it be for Live only? I personally think it's a cool idea if they still have the FREE downloadable content. If you need to play $5.00 for a T-Shirt in a video game I don't think that is a very good idea.