PDA

View Full Version : Damn NetFirms To HELL AND BACK... Then BACK TO HELL

Echo419
05-12-2005, 10:43 PM
I am so pissed off... I got a good basis for my site ( http://www.browndotdesign.com/AttackingEcho/V2.html ) And was like ok i'll register me a domain name, and just link it there so i wont have to type all that crap. So I register attackingecho.com for 5 dollars wahoo!.... No

I soon find out that somehow when you link you forward that adress to your site, or whatever. Your somehow using their servers, and since i didnt pay the 60 dollars a year fee for the Nice little super server package, I get an add about as big as the AObanner+Navigation... permentantly at the top of the page

I contact customer service, and after an hour of battling with him, he says "well sorry for ommiting that detail"... What should I do

dj89
05-12-2005, 10:53 PM
I don't see any thing wrong.

Echo419
05-12-2005, 10:58 PM
See anything wrong with what?

My site? There is nothing wrong with my site, but when you view it on there servers... (Heres the temporary adress), it appears as this http://attackingecho.netfirms.com thats what my site will always look like... thanks to net firms

Warewolf50
05-12-2005, 11:10 PM
I really dont know what u are talking bout casue me and my friend bought a domain name from yahoo not to long back for 5 dollars, and there is no banner on our site.

dj89
05-13-2005, 01:44 PM
Thats was not there last night. :confused:

chairman_mao
05-13-2005, 01:56 PM
I don't really see the big deal. You didn't pay for the premium service why should you get the premium service. The banner doesn't interfer with your site. I say if it ain't broke don't fix it

Thordic
05-13-2005, 02:15 PM
Are you using them for hosting too? A domain just points somewhere. If theres a banner, its most likely a hosting issue, not a URL issue.

quik
05-13-2005, 02:38 PM
Hahaha nice banner.

1and1.com

Echo419
05-13-2005, 02:39 PM
Thanks thordic your the only perosn here who isnt eating potato chips laced with pcp. No i am not using there hosting, they are FORCING me to use it, because they left out of the fine print stating that they do not allow ther domains to point anywhere

Warrior_Rocker
05-13-2005, 02:49 PM
yea honestly, most domain name registers allow you to just input the address to link to, i think thats what echo means, is that he never wanted to use their ********* server and have a ******* banner on his page