PDA

View Full Version : New to micro mag

feildsweeper13
05-13-2005, 01:07 AM
I've owned 68 classic mags before but this is my first micro and I see no difference at all in the valve. I'm guessing that it's called a micro because of the original body it came in. Mine came in a body similar to my classic so did I get ripped? Also, I went to airgun.com and looked at the ule trigger kit and it says "NOT suitable for use with Automag/Classic/Minimag Valves". Does that go for micros too? I really need help understanding what I have so any help is highly appreciated.-Thanks

Joni
05-13-2005, 08:06 AM
If the body isn't a micromag body, it aint a micromag. The body is the only difference, so if you wanted a micromag you got ripped :(

There are two micromag valves, the micromag and micromag RT. They are identical to the classic/A.I.R and ReTro valve respectively. Both are unsuitable for the ULT. The classic valve isn't recommended with ULT from AGD, but some has gotten it to work. The ReTro vale physically cant accept the ULT due to how the on/off hole is milled, but it can be drilled out to accept it, in which case there is no problem to install the ULT

Hope that helped

Aleis
05-13-2005, 10:04 PM
True micro mags have the rail integrated into the body are autococker threaded barrels and have a cool finger thing for a ball detent that is actually outside the body.......oh yeah and made of aluminum not Stainless steel

feildsweeper13
05-13-2005, 10:47 PM
damn, damn, damn...... :(

MikeRosenthal
05-14-2005, 10:33 AM
True micro mags have the rail integrated into the body are autococker threaded barrels and have a cool finger thing for a ball detent that is actually outside the body.......oh yeah and made of aluminum not Stainless steel

There are also versions of the MicroMag that are unibody construction with a Built in Barrel. Looks like a pistol.

feildsweeper13
05-14-2005, 07:11 PM
There are also versions of the MicroMag that are unibody construction with a Built in Barrel. Looks like a pistol.

Where would I find one? (Used because my e-mag broke my pocket yesterday)

Aleis
05-14-2005, 07:42 PM
they were made by Proteam Products do a google for them not sure if they are stil making them or not, check the for sale forums or ebay