PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use a Ricochet Apache?

ICP
05-13-2005, 10:19 PM
I've got a question about the noise of the apache. I used to have a ricochet 2K, but the motor was extrememly loud and annoying. Sounded like an RC car on steriods. I'm not sure if that's normal or if the motor was going bad. I'm considering an apache but don't want one if it's going to be loud and annoying like my 2K was. Any info on this or the overall performance would be appreciated. Thanx :cheers:

dj89
05-13-2005, 10:20 PM
Its not as bad as a 2k.

personman
05-13-2005, 10:22 PM
I do. Well, I have one. I got it for christmas and I still havent used it yet. In fact, I havent played since last fall :mad:

RoadDawg
05-13-2005, 10:46 PM
I own and use one. I like it a heck of a lot more then the 2k (also owned one). The noise has been cut down quite a bit with the new motor. It feeds pretty fast and consistant. I like how the battery holder is designed, I no longer worry about loosing the batteries like I did with an Eggy II (also have). They look sweet on a warp feed too. Overall I recommend them, especially if you like the design of the 2k. If your looking for overall speed, a Halo or zboarded egg might be a better option but for the price you can't really get much better, well new anyway.

ej_y4
05-14-2005, 10:01 AM
well my apache has burn out 2 motors :( . However when it does work, its fast enouph. The sound isnt to loud. I havent tryed the upgrade motor for it.

Carbon Blue
05-14-2005, 11:53 AM
i love my apachie to death especially with the 05 motor that can be ordered from them for 10$ shipped! Plus if your motor does burn out or if you crack your shells (even if its your own fault) they send you free ones right away. Customer service is awesome and when i drop tested it beside my friends z boarded egg, his egg fed about 1bps faster.

MonsterMag
05-14-2005, 01:27 PM
I had an apachie , I liked it . It was fast and durable
I now own a ripped Halo , because I needed the speed,
Emag :headbang:

yingyang
05-14-2005, 08:32 PM
Yea my apache rules but i sold mine just didnt keep up, their customer service is GREAT, i got 3 free yea free shells and orings and screws, excellent service but the apache will keep up with most mech guns. and with the bend sensor nothing can go wrong.

ICP
05-14-2005, 09:47 PM
I'll be using my spydermag, but only shoot around 13-15 bps, so I don't need anything superfast, and the halo is just too heavy for my liking. I loved the design of my 2k and that's why I am looking at the apache(with the 05 motor). When I got my 2k (used) it had busted shells and no orings. So I emailed them and they sent me new shells and a new pack of orings within a week.

Thanx for all the information guys, now I just have to decide if I want to use a hopper again or stay with the Qloader. hmmmm

mark_1791
05-15-2005, 11:49 AM
I'll be using my spydermag, but only shoot around 13-15 bps, so I don't need anything superfast, and the halo is just too heavy for my liking. I loved the design of my 2k and that's why I am looking at the apache(with the 05 motor). When I got my 2k (used) it had busted shells and no orings. So I emailed them and they sent me new shells and a new pack of orings within a week.

Thanx for all the information guys, now I just have to decide if I want to use a hopper again or stay with the Qloader. hmmmmFor that, DEFINITLY go with the Apache. I love ricochet hoppers, I just bought the Apache, and although I havent used it yet, I have done countless drop tests, and it is FAST! I also have used a Ricochet AK for years now, and it has never had a problem.

ICP
05-15-2005, 07:17 PM
ok, I decided to go with the apache. I'm gonna go look for one now, if you know the cheapest place to get one, LMK. Thanx

yingyang
05-15-2005, 07:21 PM
well every once in a while actionvillage has them on sale for 50 i think they might still do or try anythingextreme

ICP
05-15-2005, 07:23 PM
thank you, for some reason I couldn't remember the name of action village. :tard:

trains are bad
05-15-2005, 07:27 PM
They rock, the end.

Super light unlike halos, don't fall apart unlike eggs.

ICP
05-15-2005, 09:47 PM
woohoo, picked up an 05 apache for 58 brand new. AV had the non 04 version for 49 but only had red, and after buying the 05 motor and new shells, it would have been more. Can't wait till it gets here, thanx for all the info.

mark_1791
05-15-2005, 10:00 PM
I have the "non 05" apache, and if I ever have any problems with speed, I can just upgrade it to the 05 for like $10! :D