PDA

View Full Version : Car help

Buff
05-14-2005, 12:38 AM
Hey, need help here bad......

basically I was rolling the window up on a friends old Toyota Tercel.....and the plastic thingy inside the door broke.....The thing that has the teeth on it that raises and holds the window in position on those old cars. Its either a 93 or a 94.

The dealer wants $240 to fixit, so I said screw it.....
where's the best place to get parts? I searched and couldn't find any......

HELP

oh, I am going to have to pay for it......which I think is retarted....those things brake on 12yo card :tard:

Alley
05-14-2005, 08:03 AM
My guess is to try a junk yard.....sometimes you get lucky and find the part you need cheap. I dont think it is fair the friend is making you pay. You just happend to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. But, Hey good luck with that.

Lohman446
05-14-2005, 08:54 AM
Hey, need help here bad......

basically I was rolling the window up on a friends old Toyota Tercel.....and the plastic thingy inside the door broke.....The thing that has the teeth on it that raises and holds the window in position on those old cars. Its either a 93 or a 94.

The dealer wants $240 to fixit, so I said screw it.....
where's the best place to get parts? I searched and couldn't find any......

HELP

oh, I am going to have to pay for it......which I think is retarted....those things brake on 12yo card :tard:

Window regulator - or regulator tape if it is removeable from the regulator itself. As was noted, try the salvage yards and good luck.

PyRo
05-15-2005, 03:54 AM
Unless you were abusing it tell him to screw off and pay for it himself. Definalty get him one from a junk yard, you broke a 15 year old one buy him another 15 year old one :)

BeaverEater
05-15-2005, 11:48 AM
Personally, i wouldn't pay for it. Tell HIM to go look for parts at a junkyard.

Buff
05-15-2005, 08:10 PM
ya, well.....I dont know any junk yards around here that are any good.

Anybody know where to purchase a new one? All I can find are power ones......

dj89
05-15-2005, 11:37 PM
For that price buy him a new car. :rofl:

Buff
05-16-2005, 12:03 AM
haha, thats what I thought.......lousy old car.....
anyways, no one knows where to get window parts for non-power windows?

skife
05-16-2005, 11:20 AM
Go to the boneyard.

search up "auto salvage" in the yellow pages.
or
ask people you know about good junkyards.

everyone has a friend thats into cars. They should know.