PDA

View Full Version : cradle question

cdacda13
05-14-2005, 06:22 PM
I bought a cradle about a week ago, and the standard ASA screws aren't long enough, What am i supposed to do?

shartley
05-14-2005, 06:36 PM
I bought a cradle about a week ago, and the standard ASA screws aren't long enough, What am i supposed to do?
Get longer screws?

It isn’t hard to get longer screws… Home Depot, Ace, or just about any hardware store. Just bring your current screws in and make sure the new ones match, but are the length you need.

cdacda13
05-14-2005, 06:58 PM
I figured that i needed longer screws, But i wanted to make sure i didn't need any special cradle screws. :rolleyes:

jenarelJAM
05-14-2005, 10:33 PM
nope, i've gone to home depot many a time looking for screws for all the misc parts on my gun. remember to make sure there are the same # of threads per inch, or however its measured. just put your screw up against the one your looking at, if they fit together nicely, you've got yourself a match. i wish more people sold screws with alan wrench heads though, its not fun to need a different tool for each screw for each part on your gun...

luke
05-14-2005, 10:37 PM
Try ACE Hardware, they have a huge selection of machine screws...

HOMOCIDAL2
05-15-2005, 12:46 AM
Look in the phone book for a company that specializes in fasteners, the stuff at home depot and lowes is junk.

shartley
05-15-2005, 06:08 AM
Try ACE Hardware, they have a huge selection of machine screws...
That is where I go. I have found no other local shop that has as wide a selection.

nope, i've gone to home depot many a time looking for screws for all the misc parts on my gun. remember to make sure there are the same # of threads per inch, or however its measured. just put your screw up against the one your looking at, if they fit together nicely, you've got yourself a match. i wish more people sold screws with alan wrench heads though, its not fun to need a different tool for each screw for each part on your gun...
I don’t advise this. I advise that if folks don’t know the exact size of the threads that they don’t visually match them, but instead test fit them. Take the existing bolt and find a nut that will fit it. Then use that same nut to test fit the new longer bolt. That way there is no chance it will not be the same size or threading. It is better to be safe than sorry, and visual matching is not always accurate.

AGDlover
05-15-2005, 10:20 AM
heh ACE is my local hardwear store :rolleyes: but ya man just find out what the threading is best asking the componey who makes the cradel and then just goto ACE and pick up some longer ones