PDA

View Full Version : Grip holes.

OneEyedPimp
05-14-2005, 11:56 PM
I am really new to the 'mag scene, but one thing has been really bothering me. I have read somewhere on these forums that Automags and Autocockers both have the same mounting holes for their gripframes. But here is my question, are the different mags, excluding the e/x-mags, compatable with eachother? I.E. Can you take a grip frame from an RT-ULE custom and put it on a minimag?

I am asking this because I am purchacing a Z-grip from one of the people on this forum, and I am going to need a mag that it will work on.

Thanks for any info.

cdacda13
05-15-2005, 12:07 AM
Yes, all mag parts are inter-changable. Only the Classic RT parts can not be swapped

master_alexander
05-15-2005, 12:08 AM
ok yea, you can put a z grip on a minimag, the switch it to a rt pro etc...

you can even take the lowers of your emag i believe and switch it with the z grip...

and i HIGHLY reccomend a z grip, they rip.

and as for putting it on a cocker, i wouldn't... you would have to mod the frame to make it a hinge or a slider and the cocker to have a foregrip.

OneEyedPimp
05-15-2005, 12:08 AM
Yes, all mag parts are inter-changable. Only the Classic RT parts can not be swapped

Ok, thank you. That rests my heart.

OneEyedPimp
05-15-2005, 12:12 AM
ok yea, you can put a z grip on a minimag, the switch it to a rt pro etc...

you can even take the lowers of your emag i believe and switch it with the z grip...

and i HIGHLY reccomend a z grip, they rip.

and as for putting it on a cocker, i wouldn't... you would have to mod the frame to make it a hinge or a slider and the cocker to have a foregrip.

Yeah, when I saw it for sale I hoped on it. I wasn't planning on puting it on a Cocker, just threw that tid bit of info in so that you guys didn't think I was a complete imbosil.

I have yet to have a mag, but will a ULE trigger work in the Z-grip? (If the grip has nothing to do with the ULE trigger, that was a stupid question, it is just I have only shot a mag once and loved it to death.)

cdacda13
05-15-2005, 12:25 AM
teh ULT replaces the on/off in the valve, so yes the z-grip, or any grip made for a mag will work with it.

OneEyedPimp
05-15-2005, 12:45 AM
Depends. Its not 100%.

Flat-topped trigger frames fit all rails. Its the dovetailed trigger frames that(without modification) will only fit the Automag/MiniMag rails.

Some Z-Grips are dovetailed, and will only fit Automag/MiniMag rails.

Thanks Rogue, I'll check with the guy who I am buying it from right now. By the way, the "mag that I shot was a Rogue Mag. Love You Vertical frames. :hail:

Is there any way to tell trom a picture? I have one, since I am paying him for it and he will not ship until he receives payment, but the pic is kind of far off.

And here it is:

cdacda13
05-15-2005, 12:58 AM
That will fit an AM/MM rail.

OneEyedPimp
05-15-2005, 01:07 AM
That will fit an AM/MM rail.

So it will not fit the RT-ULE custom?

OneEyedPimp
05-15-2005, 12:37 PM
I'll take the silence as a no.

personman
05-15-2005, 01:02 PM
That looks like it should.

mobius
05-15-2005, 01:38 PM
It looks like it will not fit the RT rails. If you look at the left side of the top of the frame, it looks like it rises up, making the dovetail that snugly fits an AM/MM rail. That is something that could be milled off to fit an RT, since that's the only difference in the frames.

I could be wrong, though. The pic is not too great. If he has a better pic of the top of the frame, we could say for sure. Or ask the seller if the frame is flat topped.

personman
05-15-2005, 01:55 PM
It looks like it will not fit the RT rails. If you look at the left side of the top of the frame, it looks like it rises up, making the dovetail that snugly fits an AM/MM rail. That is something that could be milled off to fit an RT, since that's the only difference in the frames.
No, Thats where it gets wider, not taller.

OneEyedPimp
05-15-2005, 03:16 PM
No, Thats where it gets wider, not taller.

I asked the seller, and am just waiting for a response. But is the general consensus that it will not fit the RT-ULE rail?

mark_1791
05-15-2005, 03:56 PM
I asked the seller, and am just waiting for a response. But is the general consensus that it will not fit the RT-ULE rail?No, that Z grip will probably fit the RT ULE rail.