PDA

View Full Version : European RT Mainbody???

bushmasterm16a2
05-15-2005, 11:12 AM
Does anybody remember those old RT mainbodies with the powerfeed turned crazy so you can sight straight down the barrel. They used to call them "european" style bodies. Does anybody know why they quit making them? I have the chace to buy one but if there is a good reason I shouldn't then please somebody tell me.

minimag03
05-15-2005, 11:29 AM
They had very bad chopping problems because the balls didn't feed right.. I think it was more because the loaders of the time couldn't keep, but the bodies added to the problem.

personman
05-15-2005, 11:32 AM
I'm pretty sure that they discontinued them thinking they had chopping problems, and then they later found out it was the non-parabolic powerfeed plug. Dont take my word for it, but thats what I remember.

Cristobal
05-15-2005, 11:42 AM
I'm pretty sure that they discontinued them thinking they had chopping problems, and then they later found out it was the non-parabolic powerfeed plug. Dont take my word for it, but thats what I remember.

I believe this is correct: seems to me Tom had a post about it at some point. Put a new parabolic style plug in and you shouldn't have any problems.

Creative Mayhem
05-15-2005, 02:43 PM
Does anybody remember those old RT mainbodies with the powerfeed turned crazy so you can sight straight down the barrel. They used to call them "european" style bodies. Does anybody know why they quit making them? I have the chace to buy one but if there is a good reason I shouldn't then please somebody tell me.

I have 2 of them, they work well. They don't work as well as the direct powerfeed design though, the ball doesn't bounce off the powerfeed wall like it does with a standard powerfeed.

I like the Eurofeed, it make you gun feel very much like a centerfeed(no siteline accross the top :() but it's more for the collector's value. I say get it, it's definately worth it, if you like the SS bodies of course.

Here's a pic of one of my mags with the eurofeed.
http://www.creativemayhem.com/DSCF0270%20(Medium).JPG

Maggot6
05-15-2005, 07:54 PM
Creative Mayhem - :eek:

teufelhunden
05-15-2005, 07:58 PM

I assume you mean they one on eBay?