PDA

View Full Version : If there was anything to keep from my being a gun whore, it's this...

hobbesTZ
05-15-2005, 08:53 PM
PEOPLE. I could go on and on with this subject. I can't list anything without stupid offers. If the offer isn't just stupid, it's from someone with zero intention of actually going through with the deal and even if they did agree with it they would just lead me on and eventually drop all contact. To make matters worse, people jump all over you the second you make a mistake to ridicule you and make themselves look e-cool. I even get people trying to make me look like I'm trying to rip everyone off. It's only going to get worse as far as I can see. Atleast at AO I get better offers, but that's no doubt because it has less users and apparently less pricks.

WARPED1
05-15-2005, 08:55 PM
Did someone piss ya off mate? :confused: :)

hobbesTZ
05-15-2005, 09:00 PM
Actually it was a collection of users all at once, I just needed to vent. I have to watch my threads constantly so I can spread out the lunacy.

TMAXXKING1
05-15-2005, 09:01 PM
ahh i see you went over to the dark side :ninja: .. looking :wow: for good offer's on trades ....

it doesnt really matter what forum you are on there are pud pullers every where you go ..

but i myself use this forum way more then anything i use .. people around here are just nice ..

the dealers have what i am looking for ..
i have made some really good freinds on here .. it's nice when you have delt with one person more then once gives you that damn i am good feeling ..

right now selling is dead every where you go .. from what i hear at the end of the month thing will start moveing on every forum and even good old ebay .

good luck with what ever you are tradeing .. :cheers:

Glickman
05-15-2005, 09:53 PM
http://img216.echo.cx/img216/1908/dark5lo.jpg

mark_1791
05-15-2005, 09:55 PM
Glickman, I don't get it...

tyrion2323
05-16-2005, 12:10 AM
PEOPLE. I could go on and on with this subject. I can't list anything without stupid offers. If the offer isn't just stupid, it's from someone with zero intention of actually going through with the deal and even if they did agree with it they would just lead me on and eventually drop all contact. To make matters worse, people jump all over you the second you make a mistake to ridicule you and make themselves look e-cool. I even get people trying to make me look like I'm trying to rip everyone off. It's only going to get worse as far as I can see. Atleast at AO I get better offers, but that's no doubt because it has less users and apparently less pricks.

I understand what you're saying. I get 10-15 emails and Instant Messages per week about the product I offer, and the majority of them are from kids who either have no intention on going through with the deal, or who offer me some moronic trade:

"uhh, I have a Spyder Fenix with mega ups + a 24oz tank + $100 for an Intimidator. kthxbye"

And that's an example with improved spelling comprehension!
I can completely sympathize with you!

Beemer
05-16-2005, 12:46 AM
I just needed to vent. I have to watch my threads constantly so I can spread out the lunacy.

:clap: :headbang: :bounce:

Thats great..........spread out the lunacy :rofl: :rofl: I can relate, keeps me off the meds. Can I sig that???????

__________________________________________________ ____________________

http://www.pbnation.com/avatar.php?userid=30278&dateline=1058932635
I have to watch my threads constantly so I can spread out the lunacy.

Skoad
05-16-2005, 12:55 AM
I know what you mean. It seems paintball players are either super indecisive, jump ahead, or are looking for the deal of the century.

I've had numerous deals where the guy will "definately take it" "i'll paypal you the money tomorrow" then its either, never hear from them again, they pop on a few days later saying they bought it from someone else for cheaper, or out of nowhere they had to "pay a large cell phone bill" "had family emergency" "had to pay for a tournament" (those are probably my most often used excuses, maybe 5% of the time they are actually true)

But even though I hate it, I've done it myself.... I try not too but I'll see some good deal on the boards and get all excited. Pm or IM the guy saying I'll send him the money tomorrow, then as I'm sleeping on it realize I don't really need it or rather spend the $ on something else - but i always tell the person I'm out.

tyrion2323
05-16-2005, 04:04 AM
I hate to mention the age thing, but I am convinced that it matters. Youngsters view the world very differently from those of us who are a bit more mature, and my guess is that they're acting from their impulsivity more than their rationality. I know that I get tempted sometimes by many markers - mostly XMags - but when I think about it, I realize that I LOVE my timmy, and that I'd rather not take the chance of making a bad trade.

My hypothesis is that many (not all, of course!) youngsters simply don't think through the consequences of their actions. In fact, many of the ones who contact me haven't even read the thread to know what I'm offering. It's a matter of respect for both parties. If you engage someone by saying, "I'm definitely going to buy, I'll paypal you later, blahblah", you create a tentative verbal commitment to that person. Now, there are a few ways to "get out" of that situation:

(1) You can say, "Listen man, I have really looked at my financial situation, and unfortunately I can't afford to purchase your marker. I'm sorry for the inconvenience."

(2) Or you can say, "uhh, my car broke down..."

(3) or you can just terminate contact...which is the most annoying of them all. It leaves dealers with the expectation that something was supposed to happen.

So, a message to all of you youngsters - please don't offer deals, trade or purchases without serious intent to follow through with them!

CrimsonGhost
05-16-2005, 05:19 AM
I tend go with the "Put up or shut up" thinking.
You can say you will buy it in a day or 2, but if someone comes along and HAS the $$$ or deal ready to ship....They win.

This has reduced my issues to the 85% range....so its livable.

Money talks,b.s. walks .....etc etc.

:cheers:

Paintchucker
05-16-2005, 10:15 AM
I tend go with the "Put up or shut up" thinking.
You can say you will buy it in a day or 2, but if someone comes along and HAS the $$$ or deal ready to ship....They win.

This has reduced my issues to the 85% range....so its livable.

Money talks,b.s. walks .....etc etc.

:cheers:

Yes, the whole DIBS thing is rediculous. We paid good $$ for it, it should goto the highest bidder because you never get but about half your money back out. On the original topic, all I can say is stay away from PbNation! ROFL... There is a difference between being a mature seasoned player and a poser... Problem is the POSERS are in self denial and have hyper inflated egos... And if one "E-cool" guy flames, they all jump in like a pack of E-FOOLS...

Spacemanvic
05-16-2005, 10:28 AM
E-Gads!

SCpoloRicker
05-16-2005, 10:50 AM
E-dieinafire

SummaryJudgement
05-16-2005, 11:17 AM
:D At least Glickman's pic got me laughing out loud at work :D

tyrion2323
05-16-2005, 12:19 PM
E-dieinafire

We're being invaded!

/swats with broom

"Back, back I say!" :p

slade
05-16-2005, 07:00 PM
I understand what you're saying. I get 10-15 emails and Instant Messages per week about the product I offer, and the majority of them are from kids who either have no intention on going through with the deal, or who offer me some moronic trade:

"uhh, I have a Spyder Fenix with mega ups + a 24oz tank + $100 for an Intimidator. kthxbye"

And that's an example with improved spelling comprehension!
I can completely sympathize with you!
that reminds me, ive been meaning to talk to you!

my friend has a spyder fenix with a broken cocking knob, stripped ASA threads and 30/48 PE nitro tank that he wants to trade for an AIM intimidator. he can add around $200, and even throw in a PT Xtreme. you want his e-mail?

jk :D :P ;)

heh, thats actually true, except hes sane and is looking for a B2K4.

oh well, good luck with your selling everyone, i guess ive been lucky and havent had any problems. ive never had a stupid offer and everyone ive delt with has been mature, heck a buyer once threw in an extra $50 because i signed up for paypal for him. but then again i dont do that many deals, im not really into the new-gun-a-week thing.

although sometimes people DO get really nice deals. i just picked up a freestyle on ebay for less than i sold my spyder (a year ago) for. and a kid at my school got an x-mag for $200.