PDA

View Full Version : Flatline Hydro Testing Question

Shirow
05-15-2005, 08:59 PM
Hi,

I haven't played paintball in about a year (I know) and am going to get back into it.

I have a heavily upgraded automag - bought an original classic, added a minimag body, warp feed, intelliframe and a flatline tank.

The tank is marked '06-02' as the date on it - however, it says below it 'test every 3 years' then below that 'test every 5 years'

Not sure what to do. I am planning to start paintballing again in June. Do I need to hydro test it? I seem to recall being told it was a 5 year tank but want to be sure. What information can I provide from the tank in order to verify this?

I also noticed it's been sitting with about 2000psi of air in it for over a year :O Hopefully this isn't *too* bad....

If it does need to be hydrotested, I need to completely degass it (maybe I should degass it anyway...). What is the best method of doing this?

Tim 3
05-15-2005, 09:31 PM
what is the d.o.t #?
look here good info and cheep hydro
www.hydrotester.com--

JSX
05-15-2005, 11:38 PM
what is the d.o.t #?
look here good info and cheep hydro
www.hydrotester.com--

When you do need to hydro that tank, call around your local area first. I just got a flatline that needed hydro and in searching for someont to test it I called a fire extinguisher service co. in town. I ended up getting it done same day and for only 12.95. They even took off the reg for me N/C.

Shirow
05-16-2005, 06:57 AM
Thanks for all the info. I used the guide on hydrotester.com and it appears it is a 5 year tank as long as it was last tested after 01. Since it was manufactured in 02, it appears it is 5 year.

So....

I've been away for a long time. I've looked over the site and it looks like there's a bunch of new stuff out.. new stuff is good!

I was thinking about picking up an X-Mag before I had to stop playing and it looks like they are *still* in short supply.. or am I wrong?!

Anyway, I'm gonna go out and play with my old stuff for a while, hopefully I still have the paintballing spirit in me :)