PDA

View Full Version : Lots of Blow Back

Shocker s/f
05-16-2005, 08:23 AM
I dont own a mag but my friend does, we has havling feeding problems resulting in a lot of chops and he thought that maybe his 12v revvy was at fault, so yesterday i let him use my halo to see if that would work better, well it dident he still chopped a ball and blew all the paint back up in to the hopper :cry:.

We cleaned the marker and stacked a few balls in the feed tube, put air to the gun, pulled the trigger and one ball shot otu the barrel and the other ones blew right out the top of the feed tube.

Marker setup
Classic valve
lvl 7
Ule body
Ans bolt
classic rail
ccm mid rise
Centerflag hyper frame
freak barrel

what could be causeing the excessive blow back i have a feeling that due to the blow back the balls are lifting up in the brach before being shot down the barrel and that is causing the chops.. Could it be something as simple as the ball detent ?

BigEvil
05-16-2005, 08:40 AM
ANS bolts have a little green foamy on them. Check and see if its missing. If it is, good luck trying to get one if you dont have spares.

Also you can try and check the ball detent. It may be loose or not in far enough.

athomas
05-16-2005, 11:30 AM
Yes, check the detent. The balls may be double feeding.

The level 7 is known for blowback. The bolt cycles so fast that it resets before the fired ball has exited the barrel. The result is that some pressurized gas behind the ball finds an alternate outlet which is the feed tube.

The level 10 bolt reduces blowback because it stays forward longer. It will also hit the ball more softly so chopping won't happen anyway.

DrHoola
05-16-2005, 11:52 AM
try adding shims to the powertube