PDA

View Full Version : My Marker is finally ready for Prime Time

Paintmanmike
05-16-2005, 02:48 PM
Courtesy of AGD and Luke, with an assist from Sk8ermog, may I present to you sleek, black, ninja, hotness. :ninja:

I never posted pics of my marker before, my marker was always an ugly duckling; solid, reliable, and fast but ugly. Not any more, with Luke's rail milling, vert mod, and powder coating it is beautiful! Lighter as well and it tucks the hopper in nicely while still allowing me to sight downthe barrel. At the field Saturday it got a lot of attention... :wow:

Left a lot of people with pink on them to boot :D

TheTramp
05-16-2005, 02:51 PM
I like it. Interesting choise on the vert mod though. How much did it set you back powder coating included? I would think that a ULE body wouldn't have been that much more.

Try getting a pic outside in the sun so we can see it a little more clearly.

Paintmanmike
05-17-2005, 03:06 PM
TheTramp,

Thanks, I must admit it turned out better than I expected. I'll try the outside picture, I'm using my cell phone camera and I'm not sure how much better it can get.

Actually Luke's mod is very cost effective, his work was only $40 including the powder coat. The feedneck added $15 more but that is still only $55 vs. $135 for a ULE with the feedneck I'd want. Plus it adds the abilty of down-the-barrel sighting which I like.

TheTramp
05-17-2005, 03:33 PM
That is a big difference in price.

I'll look forward to you getting a nicer camera. ;)

hobbesTZ
05-17-2005, 06:24 PM
Can't go wrong with a classic valve, good for you :clap:

UltimatePaintballer
05-17-2005, 10:00 PM
except for that :ninja: will get caught with that classic valve and won't catch up with the big guns on tour....nice gun though :headbang:

Paintmanmike
05-18-2005, 02:12 PM
The Tramp,

I also let out the biggest cost savings of Luke's mod of all, I get to use my exisitng barrels rather than having to buy Cocker threaded ones. I know many people already have some but I've never owned a Cocker and don't so the additonal savings for that are even bigger.

Now if I can just get home before dark I'll try taking some pictures outside...

WingMan13
05-18-2005, 02:29 PM
I dig the offset feed, kinda like an Omen. Its great to see that custom work can still be done to mags!

TheTramp
05-18-2005, 03:08 PM
I dig the offset feed, kinda like an Omen. Its great to see that custom work can still be done to mags!

I agree. It looks like a nice clean job too.

LudavicoSoldier
05-18-2005, 03:21 PM
Very nice! Making a budget mag never looked so good! Might have to put one together myself.

Paintmanmike
05-23-2005, 02:29 PM
Thanks for all the positive feedback, taking the lower price road really turned out a nice surprise. Luke does great work and he is fast too, I would not hestitate reccommending these mods to anyone. :clap:

Two weeks ago I was playing and a couple of really good players (one Timmy and one e-Cocker) came up and complemented me on my "old school marker that is totally bad a$$" which just made my day. That and pushing them both back behind their bnkers with well aimed rapid fire. Took them both out! :D