PDA

View Full Version : 68classic help

Jenkins
05-16-2005, 07:50 PM
Just got my 68 classic today, its used. The barrel i got needs new o-rings bad it was so dry i could barely get it on and off the gun. Anyways it shoots (i only dry fired no actual paint), but when i took it apart the spring around the lvl 10 is really dirty and so is the inside of the gun, looks like the inside is seeing the first signs of corrosion (barely, could even be just dirt), now will any of this affect the gun, i think i can oil it a little and it'll be safe from future corrosion im just wondering if this will be bad for the gun or not.

Rift
05-16-2005, 08:36 PM
if i were you just to make sure it will be up to par. I would unscrew the reg part of the valve off, then take the powertube part apart taking everything out take off all the orings from that part as well as the on/off and soak them in alcohol to give it a nice clean, once thats done i would clean out the body as well incase theres any gunk in there. Once all the parts are clean put it all back together put acouple of drops on the on/off and into your asa and cycle the gun and you should be good to go. I would also personally recomend using a silicon based oil something like kc trouble free but thats not an absolute must.

Jenkins
05-16-2005, 08:52 PM
If i take it all apart like that its not gonna be "un-tuned" is it?

mcdkid
05-16-2005, 09:05 PM
nope...as long as you put it back right.

Rift
05-16-2005, 09:18 PM
Nope it shouldnt especially since mags dont need alot of tuning to begin with. The only thing that really needs tuning is the lvl 10. But that is very simple to tune it only involves finiding the corect carrier, and in a rare case using a shim but most often they are not needed at all.

Jenkins
05-17-2005, 05:45 AM
ok thanks, i think i can just take out the valve and the bolt and use a cloth with oil on it to clean it out and then i gotta clean off the spring somehow.

BigEvil
05-17-2005, 08:17 AM
Like he said, strip ot down, give it a good cleaning and im sure a re-build wouldnt hurt. Im not sure if AGD still does this, but if there are stars on the vavle AGD used to give you one free rebuild for every star.

Jenkins
05-17-2005, 07:38 PM
Yah, turns out the corrosin was just what rubbed off the barrel, but the spring seems to have a little rust, how do i clean that?

Spacemanvic
05-17-2005, 08:28 PM
Do yourself a favor. For $3 plus shipping, you can get a new spring. Or better yet, for $20, get the parts kit fr the mag. Comes with all new orings and a new spring. www.airgun.com

Also, the area around the spring may have osme rust on it too. Relax, it's from the spring. A little swab will clean it.

Jenkins
05-18-2005, 05:46 AM
cool thanks, i think i might end up getting a parts kit, so i can just replace the spring and o-rings on the lvl10

Dayspring
05-18-2005, 10:20 AM
The classic parts kit won't have level 10 orings. You don't want to replace level 10 orings unless they totally leak. Otherwise, leave well enough alone.

Spacemanvic
05-18-2005, 12:29 PM
Yeah, you shouldnt have a problem with level 10 O rings, Im thinking the guns main orings and the main spring are what you are gonna want to maintain. I didnt see your reply that you were also looking at level 10 orings.

Jenkins
05-18-2005, 02:56 PM
ok thanks guys, i guess ill just oil the lvl 10 o-rings and replace the others.

RagingCin
05-19-2005, 06:02 PM
Classics tend to love oil... i would recommend putting a couple drops in the spots that are marked for oil. Nice and easy for a classic. Thats the great thing about them, you can feild strip the gun, lube, clean and put her back together in just a few minutes. :headbang:

Jenkins
05-19-2005, 09:17 PM
Classics tend to love oil... i would recommend putting a couple drops in the spots that are marked for oil. Nice and easy for a classic. Thats the great thing about them, you can feild strip the gun, lube, clean and put her back together in just a few minutes. :headbang:

Yah, i can tell you anything about a spyder clone or autococker but mags...i got a lot to learn, so im glad i have a gun that will be hard to break :cheers: