PDA

View Full Version : "Nice Shocker" - Has your mag been called a shocker?

kurama
05-17-2005, 12:38 AM
How many of you have had your mags called a shocker, or any other sort of marker?

I saw somebody's RT pro with a vert frame mistaken for a shocker a while back, and my friend has gotten nothing but "nice shocker" since he put a Halo B on his emag. The red ULE does it. I swear. I'm lucky enough to have never had my mag mistaken for one. Of course, it is a classic...

Miscue
05-17-2005, 12:42 AM
Some kids have asked if my EMag was an Angel, although I don't know how it could be confused for that.

tyrion2323
05-17-2005, 12:48 AM
MAG - "How'd you put an Angel frame on it?!?!"
MAG - "Weird shocker!"
OMEN - "Is that an Angel?"
INTIMIDATOR - "What is that?"

Carbon
05-17-2005, 12:50 AM
i get two responses

"what kind of gun is that?"

"whoa emag"

mostly the former tho.

JimmyBeam
05-17-2005, 12:51 AM
yea i got the shocker comment on more than one occasion

HardyBoyz_J
05-17-2005, 01:23 AM
I play on team where most of us have smarparts guns, shockers,ions,nerves ect. i have seen ona couple occasions some one ask what kind of shocker is that, when my teamate walks by with his hyper framemag.

I am just waiting to get the questions since i just got a red ule body mag built for me, not many of the younger paintballers have seen or heard of the amgs so they automaticly go to waht it closely resembles in there eyes .

bound for glory
05-17-2005, 07:35 AM
when i took my devilmag up to emr in north pa., many people thought it was a shocker. funny.

Little_Ho
05-17-2005, 07:40 AM
HI

so far ive been told i have a nice Shocker and/or wow thats a nice Angel.
If i tell them I have a Mag, the mouth stays open and wow is that an Electronic Marker????
How did you get the Angel Frame on that one????

Here is a Pick....

http://webpages.charter.net/littlehosc/Paintball/Marker/X-Valve/Leftside1.JPG

Little_Ho

StygShore
05-17-2005, 07:51 AM
I have a pretty well maxxed out Karta setup with RPG frame.

Every time I play someone asks If I have eyes on my marker, or what board I have in there.

I had someone argue with me that It had to be an electronic marker a few weeks ago, and they woudnt belive me until I opened the grip frame up to show them no board.

Styg

BigEvil
05-17-2005, 08:01 AM
I got " whoa, thats a weird forgrip on that shocker" refering to my xmag

Pha|anx
05-17-2005, 08:03 AM
I understand people mistaking Mags for Shockers, shear stupidity yet understandable, but Angels? Angels are 'double stacked', have regulators, etc... Ah well that's just me.

warbeak2099
05-17-2005, 08:34 AM
Mine's been mistaken for a shocker and an angel. Angel because of the 90* frame though. Shocker because of the body.

It's also been confused for an electro. That assumption won't be wrong much longer... :headbang:

Wheelman
05-17-2005, 08:55 AM
I have you all beat, I had a kid comment on my sweet looking viking! :tard: :tard: :tard: :tard: :tard: :tard:

I told him, thanks, but it's a mag. He looked at me kinda stupid then said "oh" and walked off. If not for my mask the look on my face would have been priceless.

Sk8ermog
05-17-2005, 08:58 AM
Hardy_boyz is refering to my "Noisy Cricket" and I too have had several people question what it is and why I shoot it. I've had at least 2 refs from every tourny I've played asked me if they could shoot it. I had a crowd around me at the last tourny where I let many kids hold it and ask how much it cost. I told them... more then your ION. lol

http://www.pbase.com/rgunn4/image/40617054/large.jpg

BD_Paintball
05-17-2005, 03:24 PM
people call my imp a trix or timmy all the time, it has milling so i think thats the reason.

Pullman
05-17-2005, 03:44 PM
Yeah,

I had some kid at Jaeger's in Missouri thinking my mini was a Shocker. Then to make up for that he was gonna show us all how much faster his BKO was. Of course it wouldn't work. I was kind of surprised though. I always thought ICD made pretty cool stuff. :confused:

cdacda13
05-17-2005, 03:55 PM
my old classic mag(ss body) was called a shocker with aftermarket body. :wow:

Link44
05-17-2005, 05:08 PM
first time i ever used my mag a kid came up to me and said, "Nice shocker, what kind?"

Chronobreak
05-17-2005, 05:16 PM
i think i win this one

"Cool shocker"
"what kind of gun is that"
"is that a timmy?"
"is that an angel"
"is that an otb frame?"
"nice e-mag"
"nice x-mag"
"is that electronic"
"cool warp"
"is that a vacuum"
"how much did your hopper cost"(reffering to warp/halo combo)

and those are just a few that i remember..every weekend or time i play i get asked soemthing different

Ghetto
05-17-2005, 05:20 PM
When I had my ULe mag I got the shocker comment alot. Even more common was people thinking my 2k2 shocker was an angel....

master_alexander
05-17-2005, 06:17 PM
ok so i have a z grip and havent gotten anny is that a shocker comments...

but some guy and his son that were both using mags thought it was an emag... i am like WTF? it had a z grip... but i was bouncing that day because i needed a new on/off pin... wore mine down... i really need a ult.. o well..

mark_1791
05-17-2005, 06:40 PM
Yeah, Z grips are pretty unmistakeable...no mainstream gun has a grip that is more than 90*

Sk8er I thought you sold/are selling the noisy cricket... :confused:

Maggot6
05-17-2005, 07:37 PM
When someone asks me if a classic mag it is the "XXX" marker, I just let them pull the trigger a few times and tell them it's a mag. And they sorta change their mind and blush, and for the emag comments, they always ask me if it is a custom marker.

onedude36
05-17-2005, 09:14 PM
It's fun watching people trying to walk my stock minimag.

Hypermags are smaller than shockers. At least mine was.

CJ55
05-17-2005, 09:48 PM
I have a Euro Xmag and everyone says,
"whats that"
"nice cocker" due to the end of the valve sticking out they think its a orracle w/ a huge gas thru
and " is that a solar panel" I have carbon fiber grips

Glickman
05-17-2005, 09:57 PM
my shocker was called a spyder...

i dont think u can get any worse then that

ritz
05-18-2005, 12:36 AM
my epic has been called

a cocker
a minimag
a shocker
and even a tippmann... i dont know what that kid was thinking.

but most of the time its "what is that thing?"

OneEyedPimp
05-18-2005, 12:51 AM
I do not own a mag yet, but I do have a story.

I was playing a team practice with another team (Lakeside Rednecks I believe) and the captain on Lakeside hears that I am going to buy a mag, so he loans me his rogue mag for the day (hella nice guy). Any way, I play with it for the whole day and in the closing game the classic intimadator guy on my team says/asks "Whoa, a shocker. How do you like it?" I had to explaint to him what it was, at which point he still did not get what it was. The funny part is that he has been playing for 7-10 years, 4-5 years longer than I have.

ben-afficial
05-18-2005, 11:13 AM
last saturday a guy told me "nice angel"....i dont even have a 90" frame on it, a little later a girl told me i had a preety shocker, so i said she had a preety face. My friend had a ule warp left body and a guy didnt know what mags were so he just gettin loud and happy thinkin my friend is some sort of genius, he actually said"wow, how did you ever think of that?".My friend proceeded by saying he thought of it ina dream, we all had a nice giggle :dance: plus i got a few what is that thingy?!?!?I actually found a kid that didnt know what a warp was...it blew his mind

forgive spelling errors, im in a hurry :dance:

indulgence
05-18-2005, 04:55 PM
I got many responses from people at the local field about my X-Mag.

"why is your reg so big?"
"why is your hose so long?"
"is that a new gun/company?"

I enjoy using it, I still think it can keep up with some guns today.

Gunga
05-18-2005, 05:47 PM
Someone asked me if my RT was an Autococker once... :tard:

White_Noise
05-18-2005, 10:38 PM
best was when i walked around Chicago Open with my old rt i had. it had a blue ule body and vert frame. i had so many shocker/angel comments that day.

Evil1
05-19-2005, 12:27 AM
A while back, I had my old emag mistaken for a viper m1.

mandatory
05-19-2005, 01:28 AM
i get the "is that a shocker..." about every time i go play... which hasent been in a while due to complications getting my D-mag.

Phantom_Mag
05-19-2005, 09:55 AM
LOL Listen to this,
I was in mid game in a turny workign my way through the snake by the spectator side, i was shooting my minimag with a ceramic barrel 'thwump thwump thwump- (Does me just fine) and a guy, while in game, walks up to the netting and asks me "What kind of marker is that, it sounds like metal on metal?" I honestly didnt know what to say, i screamed "Its a mag!" as the game ended.

ben-afficial
05-20-2005, 09:31 AM
at a tourney, a friend bet a nether one of my friends he couldnt win the game without his gun(Warp-left ULE). SO my friend sais he could doit under 2 min.We all seehim crawlin down the snake and we didnt know about the bet so we all say..."Brook....wheres your gun?" and he just colmly replys "in the back of your truck" then asks how he should get this guy inthe back standup out? I reply he should shoot him with his mind bullets. So he said ok and ran up to the kid and smacked him witha hand full of paint....the poor kid and the refs were soooo confused. :dance: