PDA

View Full Version : simple question

Asian_Sensation
05-17-2005, 09:53 AM
hi
should i get an ult with xvalve? or just stick to ult with a classic?! whats the pros and cons!

mag-owner
05-17-2005, 10:06 AM
hi
should i get an ult with xvalve? or just stick to ult with a classic?! whats the pros and cons!

yes and yes to both of your questions. i have a classic with a ult on it. some people get it to work properly (like me) and others dont. if you decide to put a ult on a classic, make sure you et more shims for it....there are other threads on this topic, just go ahead and search, there should be some vids too...

Sk8ermog
05-17-2005, 10:07 AM
The recharge rate of the x-valve is much higher then then classic valve. The ULT was not directly designed with the classic valve in mind. The low recharge rate of the classic valve will cause you to scuff and short stroke a lot more then with a x-valve or RT valve that has been drilled for the ULT. With a ULT in a classic valve you'll only get about 1-2 more bps then with a normal on/off. With a ULT kit in a X-valve you should be able to get 3-4 more bps and have more solid trigger pulls. You'll loose your RT feel with the x-valve once you put a ULT kit in, but the pressure to the sear will drop in half.

Overall of coarse the X-valve with a ult kit is the way to go, but it cost a lot. If you are running CO2 then you have no choice. If you are low on cash then get an Emag valve and put a ULT kit in it or a drilled out RT valve for cheaper. Only difference is the weight between the x-valve and RT or Emag valve. Hope that helps.