PDA

View Full Version : PS3 Pics inside!

skife
05-17-2005, 10:02 AM
as far as i know, they are legit.

http://home.comcast.net/~1sam1/ps3.jpg

the controller looks like one madcatz did for the orginal playstation that sucked.
but oh well.
i think its ugly.

Bolter
05-17-2005, 10:05 AM
It looks like some sort of printer. Its massive!! Surely they could have squeezed it into a smaller package?

quik
05-17-2005, 11:22 AM
I would prefer for it to be bigger, for better ventilation.

Looks like Spiderman 3, THE CONSOLE.

Wheelman
05-17-2005, 11:37 AM
:tard: ewww.......

I have to say that contoller kinda looks like it should be on batmans utility belt. maybe when you get pissed and toss the controller across the room (c'mon guy I know I'm not the only one) it will come back to you

go go gadget ps3arang! :tard:

WingMan13
05-17-2005, 11:42 AM
It looks like some sort of printer. Its massive!! Surely they could have squeezed it into a smaller package?

I was thinking the same thing. Maybe its just the pics that make it look that way?...

Will Wood
05-17-2005, 12:38 PM
Yea, what's up with the spiderman text heh?
And those controlers, UHG! :tard:

Who cares what it looks like though, lets see come pictures from the games!

SG Avenger
05-17-2005, 12:48 PM
My only thought on the controllers when I first saw them [batman references aside] was maybe it has some sort of gyroscope inside them. so you could use the controller like a steering wheel, say for racing games. You tilt it one way or the other to control a vehicle.

Otherwise completely rediculous and it looks uncomfortable.

cdacda13
05-17-2005, 02:09 PM
NO, the controllers were the best part of ps/ps2. There are so much nicer then any controller.
Its ugly, but looks dont matter to me, as long as it performs great.

Archangel Kid
05-17-2005, 02:21 PM
I think Sony knows that they have the best controller on the market. I DON'T think that they would go and make the same mistake Microsoft made with the regular XBox controller. I'm gunna go and say that, that MIGHT be a proto otherwise a fake.

[EDIT]
Wheres the controller ports and Memory card slots?

Glickman
05-17-2005, 02:38 PM
wtf, really space efficient

maxama10
05-17-2005, 02:50 PM
pictures....
http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3140590 ;)
and remember they havent put it out on the market yet...so things are still 'subject to change'

PLAYSTATION 3 SPECIFICATIONS

CPU: Cell Processor PowerPC-base Core @3.2GHz
--1 VMX vector unit per core
--512KB L2 cache
--7 x SPE @3.2GHz
--7 x 128b 128 SIMD GPRs
--7 x 256KB SRAM for SPE
--*1 of 8 SPEs reserved for redundancy
--Total floating point performance: 218 gigaflops

GPU RSX @ 550MHz
--1.8 TFLOPS floating point Performance
--Full HD (up to 1080p) x 2 channels
--Multi-way programmable parallel Floating point shader pipelines
--Sound Dolby 5.1ch, DTS, LPCM, etc. (Cell-based processing)

MEMORY
256MB XDR Main RAM @3.2GHz
256MB GDDR3 VRAM @700MHz
System Bandwidth Main RAM-- 25.6GB/s
VRAM--22.4GB/s
RSX-- 20GB/s (write) + 15GB/s (read)
SB2.5GB/s (write) + 2.5GB/s (read)

SYSTEM FLOATING POINT PERFORMANCE:
2 teraflops

STORAGE
--HDD Detachable 2.5" HDD slot x 1
--I/O--USB Front x 4, Rear x 2 (USB2.0)
--Memory Stickstandard/Duo, PRO x 1
--SD standard/mini x 1
--CompactFlash(Type I, II) x 1

COMMUNICATION
--Ethernet (10BASE-T, 100BASE-TX, 1000BASE-T) x 3 (input x 1 + output x 2)
--Wi-Fi IEEE 802.11 b/g
--Bluetooth--Bluetooth 2.0 (EDR)
--ControllerBluetooth (up to 7)
--USB 2.0 (wired)
--Wi-Fi (PSP)
--Network (over IP)

AV OUTPUT
Screen size 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p
HDMI out x 2
AV multi out x 1
Digital out (optical) x 1

DISC MEDIA
CD
PlayStation CD-ROM
PlayStation2 CD-ROM
CD-DA
CD-DA (ROM),
CD-R,
CD-RW
SACD Hybrid (CD layer),
SACD HD
DualDisc (audio side)
DualDisc (DVD side)
PlayStation 2 DVD-ROM
PlayStation 3 DVD-ROM
DVD-ROM
DVD-R
DVD-RW
DVD+R,
DVD+RW
Blu-ray Disc
PlayStation 3 BD-ROM
BD-ROM
BD

Hairball
05-17-2005, 03:07 PM
Kill the controller. With flames.

Target Practice
05-17-2005, 03:29 PM
Looks like trash.

Steelrat
05-17-2005, 03:35 PM
The controllers are all bluetooth wireless, no controller ports.

DiSoRdeR
05-17-2005, 04:16 PM
These next gen consoles are just plane ugly. If this trend continues I do not even want to know what Nintendo's Revolution will look like.

BlackHalo
05-17-2005, 05:43 PM
PS3 = convex
XBox 360 = concave

Anyone else worried that the 2 competing systems should be able to 'spoon' each other? ;)

I like the design of this controller. My biggest problem with the PS2 controller was that my pinkies cramped up when playing for long times. It was because there wasn't much on the ps2 controller for them to grab onto. We'll see how it goes, most likely they or a 3rd party will make a ps2 type controller for it

SG Avenger - didn't logitech make something like that for the PC?

Will Wood
05-17-2005, 05:58 PM
These next gen consoles are just plane ugly. If this trend continues I do not even want to know what Nintendo's Revolution will look like.
http://cubemedia.ign.com/cube/image/article/615/615030/e3-2005-high-res-revolution-images-20050517072756634.jpg

p8ntball365
05-17-2005, 05:59 PM
Oooh a detachable HD. Looks like a helmet. I'll go with the Xbox 360

Head knight of Ni
05-17-2005, 06:06 PM
Nintendo Revolution:http://www.liquidlunch.plus.com/misc/Revolution3.jpg

It's not really that powerful. They decided to use full size discs this time.

maxama10
05-17-2005, 07:30 PM
Xbox and MS suck! go sony linux and apple!whew! :p

anonymousbill123
05-17-2005, 09:03 PM
ps3 looks like ****! and how the hell is someone supposed to hold that controller?

i dont care if they're wireless cuz so are xbox 360's

DiSoRdeR
05-17-2005, 09:46 PM
Wow that doesnt look like something Nintendo would make, it actually looks kinda nice,

FreakBaller12
05-18-2005, 06:13 AM
The xbox is schedueled to come out this novemeber
The new ps3 is schedueled to come out in spring 06

SOny is dumb, they say they're going to get alot of the market because the customers are smart and is going to realize that the ps3 has better graphics and will choose the ps3 :rolleyes:

skife
05-18-2005, 09:38 AM
i still dont think thats the revloution, I saw one of the video's for it and it looked like a toaster and had some weird headset thing.

Archangel Kid
05-18-2005, 01:43 PM
i still dont think thats the revloution, I saw one of the video's for it and it looked like a toaster and had some weird headset thing.

Yah that thing is fake... the pic above is real.

AGD202
05-18-2005, 03:02 PM
:tard: ewww.......

I have to say that contoller kinda looks like it should be on batmans utility belt. maybe when you get pissed and toss the controller across the room (c'mon guy I know I'm not the only one) it will come back to you

go go gadget ps3arang! :tard:

BOOMERANG CONTROLS are the BEST!!!!!!!!!!

Morfesto
05-18-2005, 07:30 PM
That controller looks aquard , why can't they make a controller that is actually ergonomic? I really like the Game Cube controller. The only problem I found was the z button shoulda been underneath the grips ala N64. The Ps2 controller is awsome my only beef is that for games where you need to keep a finger on every shoulder button and use both analogs its hard to get a grip on it. And well the xbox ... I just don't like the xbox plain and simple. :tard:

pumaking
05-20-2005, 02:25 PM
The xbox is schedueled to come out this novemeber
The new ps3 is schedueled to come out in spring 06

SOny is dumb, they say they're going to get alot of the market because the customers are smart and is going to realize that the ps3 has better graphics and will choose the ps3 :rolleyes:

No MS is dumb they're rushing to get the 360 out, rushing is very bad NOT to mention Sony can actually see what the 360 potential is and capitalize on the 360's failures, just like what MS did when they installed HD, better processor and parts. Well either way Sony has the most backed Game developing companies, fan base etc etc. Very smart move for Sony.

automagking182
05-20-2005, 02:32 PM
Even though this controller may be ugly, IMO it is still better than anything Microsoft has ever put out. This thing will be more powerful than any other next generation console to come out in 2005/2006.

Microsoft could have made their controllers smaller to try and at least have a small chance at competing with Sony's smaller, sexier controllers when they put out the 360.. but I guess they just havent caught on yet with what the average consumer really wants. Halo saved X-Box.. if it hadnt been for it then I doubt there ever would have been a X-Box 360 (console #2). Pretty soon, however, I predict that just like any other faze thats ever come over the market, Halo will disappear.. and I wonder what Microsoft is going to do then. PS3 will completely dominate the market when it comes out, just as the X-Box has done with its crappy Halo game over the past year.

As for Nintendo, well, I highly respect their original ideas and games surrounding the 64 console back in the day (specifically Goldeneye, the king of all first person shooter games).. but if they dont get it in their heads that the whole Mario and Yoshi theme has pretty much lost its momentum, then I would be willing to bet that if their Revolution console doesnt have the least bit of technological edge over Microsoft's and Sony's feature consoles then there would have been no point in even making their's. Ill also be willing to bet that there is a good chance that they will go out of business in the States and will be forced to moving to computer software production or something of that sort. Lets face it, the Nintendo DS has been completely outdone by the Sony PSP in both popularity and technological advance, and as from what I can see by the looks of their little plastic 1'x1' box (aka Revolution).. they have pretty much forfeited their pride and popularity as once making some of the best and most inspiring games known to the U.S. market.

sbpyro
05-20-2005, 03:02 PM
Come on the controllers for the PS3 are dfesigned for the newer players.
You know the ones that get so po'd over something they throw the controller.
Now it comes back

CaptaiN_JacK
05-20-2005, 03:20 PM
No MS is dumb they're rushing to get the 360 out, rushing is very bad NOT to mention Sony can actually see what the 360 potential is and capitalize on the 360's failures, just like what MS did when they installed HD, better processor and parts. Well either way Sony has the most backed Game developing companies, fan base etc etc. Very smart move for Sony.

I would probably guess sony would kill to be in xbox's position right now...except with a better console. It was a smart move by ms to get it out before the ps3, not sony.