PDA

View Full Version : AGD really is a niche company.

trains are bad
05-17-2005, 02:11 PM
I spent the weekend at splatterpark for the big game. The experience made me realize just how small agd and mags are in the current paintball world.

The number one questioun was about the warp feed. Not if I liked it or how it well it worked, but

what is that thing?.

Not only from dumb little noobs but people that looked to be pretty serious about paintball, had never even heard of the warp feed.

Is that new?

No, I'd say, they have been around for years and years. They didn't belive me. One older guy even thought it was some new version of the Qloader. So a company that has been around maybe, what, a year or so, he knows about, but he has never in his paintball experience heard of or seen a warp feed?

I knew mags weren't popular and all but man, people have no idea what they're missing.

68bird
05-17-2005, 02:23 PM
yea same here i played this weekend with my warp and ppl were giving me strange looks i had my cd player on in my back pack and some guy thought it was a cd player on my gun and told his friends that i have a system. all the kids at my local field had a5 and spyders i felt weird.

quik
05-17-2005, 02:39 PM
people have no idea what they're missing.

I think most do, and are glad they are.

Lohman446
05-17-2005, 02:43 PM

Agreed.. I tried a warp feed....

dahoeb
05-17-2005, 02:51 PM
i hear ya,
i went to camp pendleton paintball with my warped xmag. half the people didn't even know what kind of marker i had! it was unbelievable to me. just like Trains are Bad said, some of these people looked like they were pretty serious into paintball, with their dm4's and what not, and most of them had NO CLUE at all what was on the side of my gun. i also got the Q Loader questions.

but strangely enough, most of the people that asked about it loved the idea and how it worked, but the teen tourny wannabe players that are too busy trying to look like pros were pretty disgusted with it.

the people that didn't like it already had a bad taste in their mouth about anything AGD, they never even tried the warp before. it sorta irked me that they were gonna talk trash about how "bulky" or whatever it was especially when they've probably never even shot a mag, let alone use a warpfeed! they were basically going off of what their sister's friend's roommate's cousin said. oh well, thats a complaint for another day i guess!

Lohman446
05-17-2005, 02:53 PM
but strangely enough, most of the people that asked about it loved the idea and how it worked, but the teen tourny wannabe players that are too busy trying to look like pros were pretty disgusted with it.

the people that didn't like it already had a bad taste in their mouth about anything AGD, they never even tried the warp before. it sorta irked me that they were gonna talk trash about how "bulky" or whatever it was especially when they've probably never even shot a mag, let alone use a warpfeed! they were basically going off of what their sister's friend's roommate's cousin said. oh well, thats a complaint for another day i guess!

Yeh.. because everyone who doesn't like something AGD has made, or says something less than positive about AGD, is an idiot :rolleyes: not what you said... but pretty close. I'm sure its not what you meant though.

trains are bad
05-17-2005, 06:49 PM
I didn't mean they don't know what they're missing about the warp, but by not even knowing about AGD in general. Some people like warps and some hate them.

mark_1791
05-17-2005, 06:56 PM
I didn't mean they don't know what they're missing about the warp, but by not even knowing about AGD in general. Some people like warps and some hate them.
I don't like them, they get in the way of my left arm that I put on the foregrip.

personman
05-17-2005, 06:58 PM
Yeh.. because everyone who doesn't like something AGD has made, or says something less than positive about AGD, is an idiot :rolleyes: not what you said... but pretty close. I'm sure its not what you meant though.
I like how you stereotype all mag owners as having this mentality :rolleyes:

Some people like mags more than other guns. GET OVER IT FFS.

Lohman446
05-17-2005, 07:03 PM
I like how you stereotype all mag owners as having this mentality :rolleyes:

Some people like mags more than other guns. GET OVER IT FFS.

You'll have to tell me what FFS means in PMs... and really, I own a mag, I like it for what it is, and my mag was competetive enough in non-ramping scenarios. Which I understand why AGD does not move towards it. Look at teh response though, and what I replied to. I'm not streotyping all mag owners... did I indicate I was, if I did then I was in error and misstated myself. A lot of AO has this mentality, though by all means not all. Not even a majority.. just a lot.

Maggot6
05-17-2005, 07:32 PM
Yeah, I know AO has that type of mentality, ESPECIALLY with the level ten. But we do have a reason for our madness...(somewhere).. Yeah, the first encounter I had with my 68 mag the other day, was when the ref just said "man, I didn't know anyone used those anymore, they are *ahem* "frigging" awesome. And he wanted to play a round with it, but I had to go..And everyone else looked at both the emag and classic mag like they were just, turned off.

teufelhunden
05-17-2005, 08:11 PM
And that's what marketing does for you..

Meh, if AO is AGD's marketing budget they should do some reexamining..

Lohman446
05-17-2005, 08:30 PM
AO is great, as long as you are introducing something new to them. It seems that AO clamors over truly new ideas from AGD - and likely attributes some to buying htem. The problem with a stagnate product line though, is most everyone who was interested in it when it was new either has it now, has already tried it and moved on, or has decided against it. Each new thing gives you a new shot... but wtihout new things you are depending on drawing in new customers. Unfortunately I dont' see AGD positioned well to do that - but, thats not what this thread was intended for...

Spacemanvic
05-17-2005, 08:36 PM
Your right, not for here, but it's true. I wish AGD did something new, and not just an "upgrade" for their mag. Unfortunately, it looks like AGD is in cruise control. I really wish they got off of their aging laurels and did SOMETHING.

Anyone have a couple mil sitting around they can use to give AGD a jump start?

Pyroboy597
05-17-2005, 08:41 PM
They really arent missing much... as much as all of us like think our mags are great... they are really falling behind the crowd. Even the X-Mag, with its expensive electronics isnt as good as many other guns out there.. People dont know about mags anymore because they have not been even in the minds of people who want to buy guns. The ULE Pro or wtever its called mag is just as much as an ion, and the ion has lots of adavantages over it. People now view mags as a piggy bank that all your money just gets poured into, and I have to say, i agree. I have 900$ into my mag, and for 900$ i could have just bought a really nice mech cocker (if i wanted to stay mech.)

teufelhunden
05-17-2005, 10:07 PM
AO is great, as long as you are introducing something new to them. It seems that AO clamors over truly new ideas from AGD - and likely attributes some to buying htem. The problem with a stagnate product line though, is most everyone who was interested in it when it was new either has it now, has already tried it and moved on, or has decided against it. Each new thing gives you a new shot... but wtihout new things you are depending on drawing in new customers. Unfortunately I dont' see AGD positioned well to do that - but, thats not what this thread was intended for...

What I meant was that it has been stated [I believe.. right?] that AO is AGD's entire marketing budget. With what I can only believe to be low sales numbers [see any Check Out My New Pro-Classic threads?], obviously AO is not selling too many guns.

That said, I like AO and I like coming here, but if this is the only way AGD is getting the word out about its new products..

WARPED1
05-18-2005, 12:58 AM
I had two warps, pain in the arse to get running right! Glad I sold them................

Miscue
05-18-2005, 03:38 AM
I'm amazed at how many people do not even know what a Mag is... and how many have no clue what my gun is.

Asym
05-18-2005, 09:08 AM
Was also at the splatterpark game, didn't see any warps out there so I didn't see you with your mag. BTW which team did you end up on?

fullofpaint
05-18-2005, 09:45 AM
Yeah I played in a tourney the other day with my warped 'cocker (cowers in fear of flaming) and everyone was staring at me and they thought it was real cool, I can't deny though, I'm running it on an old SNiper 2 changed to a cocker and it's HEAVY!

tyrion2323
05-18-2005, 11:06 AM
My thoughts:

- I agree that many people are missing out on AGD's quality products. I like mags, though I don't have any illusions that they are in any way/shape/form the "best"

- I do think that a large portion of users on AO take a very negative view on people who don't use or know about mags. This is evidenced by many, many threads and posts.

- I think that people are too quick to call each other cheaters and claim that they have no skills. I find that the majority of these people have not or do not regularly compete in tournaments. Why do they do this? I can only speculate.

- I do think Warps are a great product; however, I think they're one of those "love it or hate it" products.

- I think it's sad when people make statements implying another's lack of intelligence because they do not use or hear of AGD. AGD hasn't marketed for quite some time. Considering the lack of technological developement, willingness to follow market trends, and the general disdain exhibited by AGDers and AOers towards people who use ramping and adjustable settings, it's not reasonable to question why tournament players and newer players simply haven't heard of AGD.