PDA

View Full Version : macro vs wire braded

overkill8000
05-17-2005, 06:49 PM
ok i look and didn't see this post but if is some had already posted sorry.........
my wire braded hose broke and now im wondering if i should go macro or stick with the wire braded.i have a 88 3000 crossfire and i think its high not sure its a older tank so what your thought on the subject....................
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

overkill8000
05-17-2005, 06:56 PM
so what do yall think and please no hate post.

AGD202
05-17-2005, 06:59 PM
go macro, it has the same chance of breaking as a SS line and its a LOT easier to handle

trains are bad
05-17-2005, 07:00 PM
I switched back to macro recently.

It's lighter

It's tons easier to work with

It works as a fuse if your tank reg creeps.

Just buy really good macro and fittings from Tunaman or Squid, and change it before it gets rediculus.

_tMAN
05-17-2005, 07:00 PM
First off, learn how to spell "Braided". Second, Punctuation is your friend.
Third, you will need macroline fittings and macroline to set up a new air line. Fourth, your tank is most likely a standard output pressure.

cote_says
05-17-2005, 07:14 PM
SS is a bit more durrable. like you can cut it with scissors. macro is easier to put it and take out and simpler.

im a macro guy.

Maggot6
05-17-2005, 07:17 PM
I like macro, doesn't take more than .5 seconds to take out the line from each fitting. VS 1-5 minutes of a wrench and hoping not scratching your marker.

abunkerer
05-17-2005, 07:39 PM
I like braided because I think that it is more durable,
But macro seems to work just as well, and it is really easy to take your gun apart if you have macro.

Chipper
05-17-2005, 07:43 PM
I have always used SS because I found in more durable, also, I could set it up once and not worry about it for a long time. On my Phantom I have a hardline, and that is just plain sweet.

68magOwner
05-17-2005, 07:56 PM
go macro, it has the same chance of breaking as a SS line and its a LOT easier to handle

....no, i have never seen ss break, i have seen macro blow all the time, also, my ss is no harder to handle than any of the macro setups i had on 20+ other markers. :rolleyes:

Spacemanvic
05-17-2005, 07:56 PM
Can u use pressures above 1200PSI on a macro?

Codekevin0403
05-17-2005, 08:13 PM
i wouldn't try putting more than 900psi through a macro line but that's just me

I tried bouncing my mag with 950psi going through macro, and it started leaking in less than 30 seconds. But if you have a lp gun, i'd go with macro simply because it's easier to fit and also it's lighter, as aforementioned.

Chronobreak
05-17-2005, 08:42 PM
u guess the search feature is broke again :rolleyes:

jenarelJAM
05-17-2005, 08:58 PM
i bought some of tuna's macro and fittings for my emag, ran 1200 psi thru it from my flatline, and no leaks. and i spent all day last saturday running 1000-1100 psi through my macro, over 1000 shots. the only problem that i had was that i had to lower my velocity because the input pressure was so high, and then at the end of the day, it wasn't shooting because i guess the input pressure dropped off a bit or something. took alot of hair pulling, sat out the last two games, got home, figured it out, and now my mag works perfect again. Macro has worked well for me so far.

That being said, i plan to change to SS hose soon, simply because i want a quick disconnect to get the last 400 psi out of my line. that way i dont have to take the whole xvalve out of my gun to relieve the pressure there, and when i *want* to take off the xvalve, it doesnt require an alan wrench to unscrew the thumb-screw the first 1/8 turn because theres so much pressure. It also doesnt shoot the on/off out of the xvalve... SS only costs around $20 for what i need as well, so when i get the cash, i plan on doing that.

trains are bad
05-17-2005, 09:14 PM
You can easily use a quick disconnect in conjuction with macroline.

Evil Bob
05-17-2005, 11:15 PM
Never seen a SS line or SS fittings blow, but I've seen brass fittings fail at 1k+ psi but not the line itself. Seen plenty of micro and macro lines blow out, also seen plenty of their fittings fail as well.

Your mag valve will take 3k input and survive, it'll vent all the over pressure out the tail end. The braided SS I use and the steel fittings are all rated to 3k+ in the event that my reg dumps and the full volume in the tank hits the mag's valve. I've had that happen to me personally once and seen it happen to a good friend of mine twice. All part of the dangers of working with compressed air.

Also had a friend of mine shred his fingers when his line sprung a leak at 1k psi, he put his hand over the leak in game and the air pressure sliced right into his hand like a scalpel, cut right to the bone. Definitely scary stuff, so I plan for the worst case scenario as best as I can by going with line and fittings that can take the pressure.

-Evil Bob

jenarelJAM
05-17-2005, 11:42 PM
You can easily use a quick disconnect in conjuction with macroline.
where? how? i would definately prefer to do that, seing as i just bought 5 feet of macro, and its really good stuff too.

Beemer
05-17-2005, 11:57 PM
my wire braded hose broke

How did it break? Did it blow a leak, strip the threads or nut or what.

The braided SS I use and the steel fittings are all rated to 3k+ in the event that my reg dumps and the full volume in the tank hits the mag's valve.
Here is the answer to your question Overkill.

I've had that happen to me personally once and seen it happen to a good friend of mine twice. All part of the dangers of working with compressed air.

What reg was yours and your friends?

Definitely scary stuff, so I plan for the worst case scenario as best as I can by going with line and fittings that can take the pressure.
Good sound thinking here now how do we sell it?

Peace Out

__________________________________________________ ______________________________

http://home.comcast.net/~beemerone/SigPic.jpg

Rift
05-18-2005, 01:29 AM
....no, i have never seen ss break, i have seen macro blow all the time, also, my ss is no harder to handle than any of the macro setups i had on 20+ other markers. :rolleyes:

Yeah id def have to agree iv seen and heard of alot more cases where the macro line blew up came undone and spun around smacking the persons hand then i have a SS line breaking.

Evil Bob
05-18-2005, 08:23 AM
What reg was yours and your friends?

I was using an old Air America 320, got it on an HPA tank that I picked up in the UK in early 2000 used, it was originally purchased by the gent I bought it from I believe in 97 or 98. The reg was not rebuilt while I owned it and the spring failed, dumping full tank pressure right after being filled into the line, which was a mere 4 inches of macro that went from the reg to the gas through grip on my RT. Thankfully, my hand was no where near it.

My friend had a similar setup with an angel (Summer 2001, shortly after my return to the US from the UK), cant recall what reg he had, but I believe it was a Nitro Duck adjustable, again fairly old, he had at least 5 years + when it failed. He had his hand on the macro line when it blew. He believes is happen when he brushed the line against the wooden bunker he was coming over the top on and it blew without his knowing it in game. He placed he hand on the line to steady the marker as he was lining up on a target, he fired three shots before the pain kicked in, then immediately screamed and dropped his marker grasping his hand. Went through the neoprene glove he was wearing, cut part of his palm and three fingers. He ended up with 15 or so stitches in his left hand.

The second time he blew a macro line was with a Smart Parts reg that had just been cleaned and rebuilt (springs and orings replaced, etc.) . Instead of doing the smart thing and putting a gage on the reg first and setting the output BEFORE mounting it on his marker, he did the dumb thing and just mounted it and fired it up. The second he turned it on, the macro burst, which was a good thing as it would have been a very costly mistake to end up with 1500 psi sustained in the internals of an Angel LCD. Fortunately as well that his hand was not on the macro line this time. He just sat there for a second, then said... "OMG....deja vu."

Selling common sense... anyone who can get that down and market it will make a killing.

-Evil Bob

trains are bad
05-18-2005, 08:26 AM
where? how? i would definately prefer to do that, seing as i just bought 5 feet of macro, and its really good stuff too.

1. Screw macroline fitting into the femal quick disconnect.

2. Stick macroline in macroline fitting.

I have mine placed at my valve so I can easily oil.

ultralight
05-18-2005, 12:46 PM
i didn't catch what marker you had.

like everyone else i've only ever heard of macro failing, not ssb braided.

i personally like ss hardline from my valve to my gas thru. and ss from my gas thru to my tank.