PDA

View Full Version : loud mag

cote_says
05-17-2005, 07:20 PM
my mag is wicked loud. it like *bang**bang**bang**bang* (hte the mag) *BAM**BAM* *(back to the rest of the people) *bang**bang*...

it sounds like it hurts alot. way loud. how do i make it quiet?

sry if this was already posted but i couldnt find it.

trains are bad
05-17-2005, 08:57 PM
Get a longer and/or more ported barrel. Prepare to sacrifice eficiency.

Chronobreak
05-17-2005, 09:03 PM
what trains said

other than that, if its obnoxously loud make sure your spring diddnt snap and that you have the bumper in place and its not worn.

cote_says
05-17-2005, 09:21 PM
bumper is ok. and even more porting than with the stock barrrel or boomstick. wait a sec..i just had a revlation the word boom is in the name.

wanna-b-ballin'
05-17-2005, 09:54 PM
thats weird.
a boomstick shouldn't be that loud if thats what your useing.
i use a dye excel, made by the same company that makes the boomstick, and my gun is really quiet.

jenarelJAM
05-17-2005, 10:02 PM
i constantly get comments about how "man, your gun is sooo quiet". it was definately about 5 degrees quieter than the spyder i used before that. i think you should send it in to AGD and get it looked at.

edit, try sticking a barrel cover/plug in the end and cover the feed neck with your hand. i remember when i got my mag and dry-fired it for the first time that it was loud as all get-up. have you used it with paint yet? its extremely quiet with paint, but extremely loud without it.

cote_says
05-19-2005, 04:29 PM
i constantly get comments about how "man, your gun is sooo quiet". it was definately about 5 degrees quieter than the spyder i used before that. i think you should send it in to AGD and get it looked at.

edit, try sticking a barrel cover/plug in the end and cover the feed neck with your hand. i remember when i got my mag and dry-fired it for the first time that it was loud as all get-up. have you used it with paint yet? its extremely quiet with paint, but extremely loud without it.

its always loud. it seams louder with paint. yea ive had it for bout 3/4 of a year.

RagingCin
05-19-2005, 05:44 PM
You could get one of those Airgun Designs Intimidator barrels.... :headbang:
:shooting: *****BLAM******* :wow: sorry wrong direction....that would make it louder yet...

Gunga
05-19-2005, 06:02 PM
You could get one of those Airgun Designs Intimidator barrels.... :headbang:
:shooting: *****BLAM******* :wow: sorry wrong direction....that would make it louder yet...

The Intimidator is/was a barrel add on made by Air America, not AGD.

RagingCin
05-20-2005, 08:40 AM
true, true, my bad... sry.
:cry:

Spacemanvic
05-20-2005, 08:57 AM
Im using JJ and Smart Parts All American barrels, both of which are super quiet.

Now without the barrel (when I dry fire it to lube it) its is louder than anything!

Have you chronyed it? Maybe your shooting hot? Seriously, I am told how quiet my Mag is. I just assumed all mags were.