PDA

View Full Version : Raptor Rex Has No Output pressure guage...

DoctorStox
05-17-2005, 10:08 PM
so i wanted to take my raptor rex off my tricked spyder and put it on ym mag. on the mag, my line goes straight from the valve to the tank. Air america, in all their foresight in which way they can make more cash later and spend less cash now, made the raptor rex without an output guage. here is my question: Is there a ss fitting that has 1 male end and 2, yes 2, female ends? this way i could add a guage easily. I know there are adapters that go inbetween your vert adapter and gas through, but i use a VL foregrip, not a gas through. Will it be mandatory to completely change my setup? lmk what you guys know of. maybe a smithy who hears my cries for help wouldnt mind making me one of these little adapters....we'll see

SpecialBlend2786
05-18-2005, 02:56 AM
Well, the easiest way I can see is to change your forgrip and get a gasthru with a gauge.

these things look like they could help you out if you have a gas thru that has no port for a gauge. http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/BrowseCatalog-Start;sid=PrJkA1gGSmJkMRqMyvakq1KgAIE7C8MEUCE=?Cat egoryName=paintball-gas-systems-bottom-lines-gauge-adapters-with-gauge

I'm sure somebody makes hoses with a port for gauges for remote setups, not sure though

DoctorStox
05-18-2005, 03:39 PM
yeah, pbgear has the ones if i change to a gas through, but it would cost a lot to switch, and would result in a very long and hideous looking foregrip. anybody, if u find one, know where ot get one, or can make one, please lmk asap, i;d highly apreciate it.

Kevmaster
05-18-2005, 03:40 PM
yeah, it'll cost ya $2.00 at true value hardware

home depot even prolly has one

DoctorStox
05-18-2005, 05:53 PM
really? so the size is 1/8 inch and that's all i need to know?

Kevmaster
05-18-2005, 06:35 PM
yep. 1/8 NPT and you're set to go!

DoctorStox
05-18-2005, 07:09 PM
awesome kev, you're a life saver, first kevin I ever met that i liked

Kevmaster
05-18-2005, 07:15 PM
awesome kev, you're a life saver, first kevin I ever met that i liked

good to hear...although sad all the other schmuck kevins you met sucked

personman
05-18-2005, 07:46 PM
Yep, just dont run like a million psi through it because IIRC those T fittings arent rated very high.

DoctorStox
05-19-2005, 04:10 PM
yeah, i just picked them up. i mean, i'm running a classic valve, so it'll have to handle around 800 psi, right? will it be able to handel that?

by the way, home depot had more than what i needed. i got the T adapter that has 3 female ends, and i got 2 different length male/male pieces so when i get the guage i will be able to make sure it clears. cost me like 6 something for all 3 pieces and a roll of teflon tape, not bad, my local shop would ave charged me like 15 easy.

well, this thread can either be left up for info's sake, or delted, since i got my stuff.

Kevmaster
05-19-2005, 04:23 PM
glad you got some good stuff.

pm: they're rated, USUALLY, to 500psi working....which is acceptable for our use. not perfect...but its not gunna blow on ya