PDA

View Full Version : Can an E-Mag frame be modified....

Ratzo
05-18-2005, 11:11 AM
I 'm wanting to get a Micro E-Mag and was wondering if the E-mag frame could be modified to have eyes like the X-Mag?
And if so who could do this modification?

jdev
05-18-2005, 11:27 AM
I 'm wanting to get a Micro E-Mag and was wondering if the E-mag frame could be modified to have eyes like the X-Mag?
And if so who could do this modification?

yes, your frame can be modified. it will require that you purchase the board and send it and your marker to a machinist. You may want to try Destructive Customs, I am almost positive they do this modification. [email protected]

TheTramp
05-18-2005, 12:07 PM
If you want the same eye that the X-Mag had then you'll need a new E-mag board (with eye attached) plus milling (as jdev said above).

Personaly, if I had the money to get all that I'd just skip the X-Mag's so-so reflective eye and get the Preditor board with break-beam eyes installed instead. I don't think the price would be much different and you'd have all the super duper board options of modern boards and break beam eyes as well.

MiniSpdRcr
05-18-2005, 12:11 PM
I do beleive that the ACE (eye) board just plugs into the E-mag board.

TheTramp
05-18-2005, 12:14 PM
Now that you say that I think you're right. It's a seperate small board.

trevorjk
05-18-2005, 12:16 PM
yes it is just a seperate small board. and from my understanding shouldnt require milling??? but i very well could be wrong on that part

but just remember anything can be modified ;)

Kevmaster
05-18-2005, 12:18 PM
either that or have a morlock board (aka EMAGnums) installed. that would be purdy cool

BigEvil
05-18-2005, 12:50 PM
yes it is just a seperate small board. and from my understanding shouldnt require milling??? but i very well could be wrong on that part

but just remember anything can be modified ;)

Yes, the ACE is a seperate board. It sits in the front of the gripframe, in its own tray (for lack of a better word). The eye sensor sticks up from the board and into the breach. To do this on a E-mag, you would need to mill the gripframe a little to fit the board, the rail to accept the Eye through it and the on/off switch on the side, and the body itself would need a hole at the bottom of the breech where the eye beam passes through.

Oh, if you have current software 2XX and up, I think all you need to do is plug the Ace wire harness into the mainboard. There should be an ACE option on the LED display when you cycle through them.

It actually sounds more difficult than it is. I remember asking Nicad if he could do a Karta body and rail for me that would accept the ACE and it was only like an additonal $25 on top of the price.

As far as the Predator Board goes... well, I got one that i just put into an Angel LED w/the break beams and OMG. !!!!!! I plan on converting my X-mag and E-tac to Predator boards, although, I will probably keep the ACE in the Xmag because of the removable breech.