PDA

View Full Version : Twist lock barrels are cool?

Gunga
05-18-2005, 02:12 PM
I was sporting my pump mag complete with the original 'Intimidator' (courtesy of Air America). Some of the refs approached me after a game and asked why my gun was so loud and I took off the barrel and showed them the Intimidator.

Their jaws dropped when I took off the barrel...they were like, "How'd you take the barrel out so fast?!" Once I showed them how the twist lock works, they said, "Wow! That's SO cool!".

Apparently none of em had ever seen a pump mag, a twist lock barrel, or an Intimidator...let alone all 3 at the same time.

I guess Mags and twist lock barrels aren't so 'uncool' after all. :p

On another note...I whacked a buncha people while playing Hyperball with my pump mag too! :D Maybe the lack of weight from pods gave me an extra spring in my step. :)

Adrenaline_Junkie
05-18-2005, 02:28 PM
Whats an intimidator? I know what the gun is but from the way your talking it sounds more like a part. What exactly is it?

Rift
05-18-2005, 02:33 PM
lol another prime example of fine agd work that was ahead of its time i mean if ya think about it why screw in a barrel when you can do it in one twist?

Paintchucker
05-18-2005, 02:40 PM
Whats an intimidator? I know what the gun is but from the way your talking it sounds more like a part. What exactly is it?

Very Rare thing... Back in the day, people used to put a little device on the end of the barrel that helped somewhat with accuracy. A couple inches long with some holes to let the air escape as the ball exited the barrel. Theory was that it caused less turbulence as the ball tried to escape around the edge of the ball and hence a little more accuracy. You could put it on and see a little difference. This was before porting became popular. Air America actually designed one that made the barrel louder but also helped with the accuracy.

I haven't shot mine in years, but it is on the end of my 8" stock minimag barrel! It is the barrel on the far right in the picture...

http://www.ionowners.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=60

And I miss my twist lock on my ULE !!!!

My pump mag, I don't miss that so much but it was pretty cool...

lol another prime example of fine agd work that was ahead of its time i mean if ya think about it why screw in a barrel when you can do it in one twist?

Hmmm... want to make that a 1/4 twist !!!! :dance:

Gunga
05-18-2005, 02:45 PM

It's an aluminum gizmo that you put on the end of an unported barrel. The interior diameter is shaped like a horn (like the end of a trumpet or tuba) which amplifies the sound of your gun. Horns are also used in speakers from companies such as Klipsch.

Spacemanvic
05-18-2005, 02:50 PM
Wow, you guys make this stuff sound ancient ;)

Im still sporting this stuff. 1/4 twist lock barrels anyway. Hey, if it aint broke, dont fix it!

Wait a minute, this may be AGD's problem. The Mag may not be broke, but man is she an old design.....

:headbang:

Adrenaline_Junkie
05-18-2005, 02:57 PM
Thanks for the info guys!

Paintchucker
05-18-2005, 03:00 PM
It's an aluminum gizmo that you put on the end of an unported barrel. The interior diameter is shaped like a horn (like the end of a trumpet or tuba) which amplifies the sound of your gun. Horns are also used in speakers from companies such as Klipsch.

How old is yours? Mine is all faded and stuff, yours looks new!!! Now if I could find a way to mount this on my Jacko Barrel, I would be in Barrel Heaven...

Wow, you guys make this stuff sound ancient ;)

Im still sporting this stuff. 1/4 twist lock barrels anyway. Hey, if it aint broke, dont fix it!

Wait a minute, this may be AGD's problem. The Mag may not be broke, but man is she an old design.....

:headbang:

Depends on what you consider ancient... My minimag is older than many of the boys I play paintball with and I think I got my Intimidator at the 1992 or 1993 Masters in Nashville...

Oh, on the loudness thing... It changes the sound signature, so they can't accurately gauge where you are if they can't see you !!! And being louder, it sounds like you are coming to serve them up a little "Orange Crush" ... ROFLMAO

Gunga
05-18-2005, 03:19 PM
How old is yours? Mine is all faded and stuff, yours looks new!!! Now if I could find a way to mount this on my Jacko Barrel, I would be in Barrel Heaven...

Mine is 1 or 2 years old.

Spacemanvic
05-18-2005, 03:21 PM
Sometimes that makes me wish I kept my VM-68. That thing with a spiral ported Pro-Line barrel used to bark like thunder :)

Now my Automag with spiral teardrop porting All American Smart Parts barrel is pretty quiet, and my JJ barrel is extremely quiet. I love it when they cant lock in where the shot is coming from.

Creative Mayhem
05-18-2005, 03:40 PM
Maybe the lack of weight from pods gave me an extra spring in my step. :)

I don't think the pods would make that much difference JJ ;)

Gunga
05-18-2005, 03:43 PM
I don't think the pods would make that much difference JJ ;)

Shaddup you! :p