PDA

View Full Version : Spilling balls

gc82000
05-19-2005, 11:40 PM
I am a front man and usually go out with three pods but in bigger games, e.g. 7 or 10 man games I will take out 2 more pods that I put in my loops. But no matter how I put them in they always seem to spill. Now I don't want to read about how I should get a new pack, cause I am poor especially now. any suggestions on what might be the problem here.

OneEyedPimp
05-19-2005, 11:56 PM
I am a front man and usually go out with three pods but in bigger games, e.g. 7 or 10 man games I will take out 2 more pods that I put in my loops. But no matter how I put them in they always seem to spill. Now I don't want to read about how I should get a new pack, cause I am poor especially now. any suggestions on what might be the problem here.

When I use cheap pods in my loops, I just put a little duck tape on them to hold them, not on the lip, but on the sides, so they open with enought force. However, something that would be a little more full-proof would be to buy some of those lock-lid pods. I have yet to have them open on me.

BD_Paintball
05-20-2005, 12:07 AM
get some dye lock lid pods, they are like 3 bucks each and i have not had one come open on me.

Rift
05-20-2005, 12:10 AM
get some dye lock lid pods, they are like 3 bucks each and i have not had one come open on me.

what he said or you can go with the fat boys

MadPSIence
05-20-2005, 01:41 AM
pods are not going to spill if you harness is holding them right. you may just be clumsy on grabbing them after unstrapping the harness.

shartley
05-20-2005, 06:04 AM
I have never had a pod spill on me during a game, and that includes the super cheap pods. All I do is make sure the lid fastens well before using it. If the lid does not, I get rid of it.

If you are using the loops to hold the pod, you may also try putting the pods in LID UP, and not down like most do. It will make pulling them out a little slower, but if the lid pops open you may still be able to salvage SOME of the balls, as opposed to having them all dump out.

TheTramp
05-20-2005, 08:55 AM
you may also try putting the pods in LID UP.

Exactly! I used to lose paint putting my pods in the loops the same way they were in the holder. After the third time I dumped a pod in the staging area buy brushing up against something I started putting them in top up. Never looked back. :)

ApexAZ
05-20-2005, 10:30 AM

Think of all the money that you've lost on paint which could have paid for a new harness :p

I understand you say you're poor, but a decent harness can be found for like $30. Can you afford to keep spilling that oh so expensive paint?

slade
05-21-2005, 06:08 PM
if youre poor, maybe you shouldnt be taking 5 pods out in a game :p

just put the pods in lid up, as others have said. either that or go with the dye lock lid pods.

AGDlover
05-22-2005, 04:00 PM
dont put them in up-side-down

gc82000
05-22-2005, 05:41 PM
Ok here is some more details, I have an Empire 3+2, use Lok-Lids and it does not matter if I put them lid up or down. Oh yeah I am not clumsy, that one hurt my feelings. And I tried to fill the pods to where there is no shaking when I run but that did not help. The pods usually open when I silde or dive.

I am not going to look for a bigger pack I dont want one, as of yet.

Wheelman
05-22-2005, 09:03 PM
Try the fat-boys like someone else said, those thing hold tight no matter what, and try putting them in lid up.

stop whining buy a mag
05-22-2005, 09:12 PM
I have some ANCIENT Evil pods. These are the ones with a chrome color on the outside. They are so old, most of the chrome color has come off. They still lock fine and I refuse to use any other pods. I even play with them upside down on a JT Slam Pack. They only flip open when I'm crawling and my butt hits the lid really hard. :rofl: