PDA

View Full Version : ...odd "bounce"

68magOwner
05-20-2005, 03:13 PM
Ok, by now everyone knows what electronic trigger bounce is, well, i was messing with my vikings trigger, got it set up how i thought was nice, dried dryfiring to get an idea of speed, checked it four bounce, this is where it got odd. I couldnt for the life of me get it to bounce by pulling the trigger slowly, but, if i walked it slowly, it would shoot twice alot when my index finger hit the trigger, so, i put the debounce as high as it would go (should eliminate all bounce), and it still did this. So, it was puzzling, but, decided to just wait till i play this weekend and see how it is with paint. Well, i was just messing around with my marker, and noticed, that what is happening is, when i move my index finger somewhat slowly, the initial force from the momentum of the moving finger actuates the trigger, then the trigger resets, and then the finger pulls it again. SO, this IS legal is it not? seeing as the marker is only shooting once per pull, even though it is almost forcing 2 pulls (hard to explain without feeling) it is just like the perfect combination of weight of trigger pull/weight of finger pulling it that causes this i guess.

(yeah, let me know if anyone understands what i am trying to explain at all)

yakitori
05-20-2005, 03:21 PM
did you remove the trigger spring? what kind of trigger do you have on it? what kind of switch is on it? What board do you have in WAS, or pandora?

Ive had my viking trigger spring removed w/ the stock trigger and stock switch, and a similar thing happened to me. My gun went full auto when I did a superman dive into a snake once. It didnt stop until I grabbed the trigger. Also, my LPR was way too high, like over 100psi *which vikings are supposed to be 80 when not broken in, and as low as 60 if broken in, most common is 70-72psi which is what mines at.* Come to find out that the increased recoil due to the high LPR caused the trigger to move enough to fire another shot....and another, and another....etc.

You get the idea. Even though you arent getting electric bounce, maybe it is mechanical bounce cause your trigger is too short and too light. I like my viking pull around 3-4mm w/ a JMJ razor blade and no spring. I have it set legal on DB 2, but it adds some shots when you start ripping on it. Its legal according to the tests they do for checking for bounce though. Bump the gun, no fire. Pull and release three times, no double shots. No added shots.

I think thats just how WAS is. Its fast though.

Crazy
05-20-2005, 03:57 PM
Are you testing this with paint? my alias does that horribly without paint, but with it, it's 100% legal(NPPL robot tested).

68magOwner
05-20-2005, 04:54 PM
did you remove the trigger spring? what kind of trigger do you have on it? what kind of switch is on it? What board do you have in WAS, or pandora?

Ive had my viking trigger spring removed w/ the stock trigger and stock switch, and a similar thing happened to me. My gun went full auto when I did a superman dive into a snake once. It didnt stop until I grabbed the trigger. Also, my LPR was way too high, like over 100psi *which vikings are supposed to be 80 when not broken in, and as low as 60 if broken in, most common is 70-72psi which is what mines at.* Come to find out that the increased recoil due to the high LPR caused the trigger to move enough to fire another shot....and another, and another....etc.

You get the idea. Even though you arent getting electric bounce, maybe it is mechanical bounce cause your trigger is too short and too light. I like my viking pull around 3-4mm w/ a JMJ razor blade and no spring. I have it set legal on DB 2, but it adds some shots when you start ripping on it. Its legal according to the tests they do for checking for bounce though. Bump the gun, no fire. Pull and release three times, no double shots. No added shots.

I think thats just how WAS is. Its fast though.

LPR is ~65psi, its a razor blade, ~4 mm pull, 50g omron switch, with a spring in it, pandora, debounce at 5 right now and i have almost determined that it really must just be a magic finger of mine or something, because, it does not do this with my left hand, only right, and i just had other people shoot it and none of them could make it do it.

P8NTBALLER590
05-21-2005, 09:17 PM
i had a similar "problem" i dont know if thats the right word for it or not but, i was playing around with my trigger (Eblade-2) and i got it to my liking and i set the TT filters and i got them to filter out any of the bounce. I made a video of it and i hit 14 i can never hit above 12, so i knew it was bouncing some way or another. I say its perfectly legal. My brothers timmy also has this "problem" once again you do a slow pull it doesnt bounce but you shoot it fast and im hitting 16. Its definetly bounce but its like it activates after so many pulls, i think its kinda cool. :D

matmc89
05-21-2005, 09:21 PM
must be the magic bear on your hopper

P8NTBALLER590
05-21-2005, 09:23 PM
no its koof stickers.

matmc89
05-21-2005, 09:25 PM
no....its the magic bear

yakitori
05-22-2005, 05:51 PM
LPR is ~65psi, its a razor blade, ~4 mm pull, 50g omron switch, with a spring in it, pandora, debounce at 5 right now and i have almost determined that it really must just be a magic finger of mine or something, because, it does not do this with my left hand, only right, and i just had other people shoot it and none of them could make it do it.

hmmm. I dunno then. I guess you just that that special touch. :D.

As long as its legal and nobody else can do it, then you will be fine.