PDA

View Full Version : Halo 3????

atm743
05-21-2005, 09:35 PM
http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=T000284

jest surfing around and at gamestop they have a list of new games coming out that were anounced at E3 heres the list

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/e3/e32005.asp

well anyway a halo3 ?? i thought that the story line ended??

heres an artical

http://www.fortwayne.com/mld/newssentinel/living/11668919.htm

anyway xbox360 looks really good but look at most of the nintendo rev. games and some ps3 and xbox360 games

WHO IN HELL IS GOING TO PAY 60 BUCKS WITHOUT TAX FOR ONE VIDEO GAME??

thats jest crazy.

but i will pay that for medal gear solid 4 and perfect dark zero.

CKY_Alliance
05-21-2005, 10:11 PM
Yea they plan on releasing HALO 3 on the same day as PS3 is released...i dont know if it will be released on PS3 that day also or not...they will prolly release the first two for it first makes sense for some reason...

Warewolf50
05-21-2005, 10:48 PM
They are never gonna release any halo titles on ps3. Halo is a xbox only title.

atm743
05-21-2005, 10:53 PM
They are never gonna release any halo titles on ps3. Halo is a xbox only title.

ya i was going to say

also they are making metal gear solid 4 for the xbox 360!!!!

i dont want the new ps3 i was reading that the specks are nothing compared to the 360

teufelhunden
05-21-2005, 11:22 PM
He said that MS will release Halo 3 on the same day that the PS3 is launched.. jesus, reading comprehension.

And ATM: JUST IS SPELLED J-U-S-T. THERE IS NO E. JEST!=JUST.

quik
05-21-2005, 11:40 PM
ATM is a jest :)

Warewolf50
05-22-2005, 12:50 AM
Yea they plan on releasing HALO 3 on the same day as PS3 is released...i dont know if it will be released on PS3 that day also or not...they will prolly release the first two for it first makes sense for some reason...

Hmm after reading his post several more times it still seems like he is saying that they will release halo on the ps3, casue he clearly states the same day release in the first part of the sentence 'Yea they plan on releasing HALO 3 on the same day as PS3 is released'. So then what is he talking about when he says 'i dont know if it will be released on PS3 that day also or not' so what is he talkign about being released all i can assume is halo since that is hwat he is talkign bout. Then he goes on to mention it making sense that they would relase halo one and two on (implied ps3 casue they have already released them on xbox).

So you are wrong and need to learn how to comprehend what u read, or atleast read the last two sentences of post that u are reading.

Ryan

digitard
05-22-2005, 02:50 AM
You will never see HALO on the Playstation... simply because Microsoft owns Bungie.

I think its a great move to try to hype up the 360 and take sales away from the PS3 opening weekends from a business standpoint.

HALO games are probably the most anticipated games on consoles (outside GTA games for the playstation). What better way to take some 'wind out of your competitors sails' than by releasing your 'next generation flagship game' the same day your opposing console is coming out. It will do 2 major things.

1) The constant HALO 3 ad's will help take emphasis away from the PS3 launch date being so important.

2) The HALO 3 barrage will cause people to pick a side and many will pick HALO 3 for a temporary time giving the PS3 opening sales a crus.

Think of it like opening 2 big summer movies the same day... instead of taking in 40 million in 1 movie its going to split sales. Sure it may hurt HALO 3's sales a tiny bit too, but in the long run its probably a smart move for Microsoft.

Bluestrike_2
05-22-2005, 09:53 AM
Gates has said that they are releasing Halo 3, on Xbox 360, the same day as Sony launches it's Playstation 3.

Also, if you think the story line ended with Halo 2, you are a fool. That's a HUGE cliffhanger.

WickeDKlowN
05-22-2005, 09:54 AM
If it wasn't for Halo 3, I'd get a PS3 instead of a 360.

CaptaiN_JacK
05-22-2005, 11:35 AM
1) The constant HALO 3 ad's will help take emphasis away from the PS3 launch date being so important.

2) The HALO 3 barrage will cause people to pick a side and many will pick HALO 3 for a temporary time giving the PS3 opening sales a crus.

3) This is also a publicity stunt, since it is a pretty big deal that bungie will be releasing h3 the same day as ps3, and that in itslef will help advertise for the h3. Think about it, right now, would anybody be talking about halo 3 if they hadn't decided to release it the same day as the ps3? highly doubtful. Also, they might be trying to incite this mindset into the consumer: "It must be a damn good game since bungie is so cocky as to release it the exact same day as the ps3, right?"

edit:
If it wasn't for Halo 3, I'd get a PS3 instead of a 360.

ditto.

CKY_Alliance
05-22-2005, 05:17 PM
What i said was they as in whoever makes halo are planing on realesing halo 3 on the same day as the PS3 is released...now this wont make much a difference if they are trying to deter sales from the PS3 since the game and system are in totaly different price ranges.

Also they ARE releasing the HALO triology on PS3 i read that somewhere if i could find it i would but i have no clue were to start.

Then again i may have read it wrong but even a few of my friends had mentioned it....only time will tell.

CKY_Alliance
05-22-2005, 05:19 PM
You will never see HALO on the Playstation... simply because Microsoft owns Bungie.

I think its a great move to try to hype up the 360 and take sales away from the PS3 opening weekends from a business standpoint.

HALO games are probably the most anticipated games on consoles (outside GTA games for the playstation). What better way to take some 'wind out of your competitors sails' than by releasing your 'next generation flagship game' the same day your opposing console is coming out. It will do 2 major things.

Think of it like opening 2 big summer movies the same day... instead of taking in 40 million in 1 movie its going to split sales. Sure it may hurt HALO 3's sales a tiny bit too, but in the long run its probably a smart move for Microsoft.

I think Xbox corp or bungie would be a fool not to release HALO3 on PS3 its such a great oppurtunity to capatilize on.

mark_1791
05-22-2005, 05:27 PM
Also they ARE releasing the HALO triology on PS3 i read that somewhere if i could find it i would but i have no clue were to start.No, they're not. Microsoft owns Bungie, and as we can already see, Halo is the only reason many people buy XBoxes (myself included!). If Microsoft released Halo 3 on the PS3, they would sell substantially less Xboxes. Saying that it would be smart to release Halo on the PS3....*sigh*.....I'll leave it at that...

Chipper
05-22-2005, 05:36 PM
Heck, if it weren't for MS, we would be playing Halo on our PCs.

I really would doubt that Halo 3 would come out on PS3 for many reasons, but mainly because of the Xbox life combatibility. Xbox life has proven to be the best online-console connection, and I believe that Bungie is aiming towards multiplayer now.

Also, you must not have completed the game if you think the Halo franchise is done. I would not be surpised to eventually see a Halo 5. I wouldn't spoil the game, mostly because I don't remember (haven't played single player in a longo timeo). I just know I wasn't happy with the ending.

WickeDKlowN
05-22-2005, 07:53 PM
Heck, if it weren't for MS, we would be playing Halo on our PCs.

I really would doubt that Halo 3 would come out on PS3 for many reasons, but mainly because of the Xbox life combatibility. Xbox life has proven to be the best online-console connection, and I believe that Bungie is aiming towards multiplayer now.

Also, you must not have completed the game if you think the Halo franchise is done. I would not be surpised to eventually see a Halo 5. I wouldn't spoil the game, mostly because I don't remember (haven't played single player in a longo timeo). I just know I wasn't happy with the ending.
Technically, there could be 7 Halo's and it would make sense since there are 7 rings. And if the games stay as good as they are, and don't turn to crap so they can release them faster to make a quick buck, I wouldn't mind one bit.

And Halo is on PC...

TDonovan
05-22-2005, 08:01 PM
I think Xbox corp or bungie would be a fool not to release HALO3 on PS3 its such a great oppurtunity to capatilize on.

A lot of people buy Xbox BECAUSE of Halo. Consoles are successful based on the games put out for them. I never recall people lining up at 12 at midnight for a videogame until Halo 2 (yeah I was one of em). If you make Halo 3 available to every system, it'd hurt their sales, as well as every other company making games for Xbox.

Bluestrike_2
05-22-2005, 09:01 PM
Chipper - are you chipper259 on XBL?

Anyhow - if it weren't for Microsoft then Halo would ONLY be on the Macintosh :D

Bungie originally developed it's games exclusively on the Mac. Another useless tidbit of information for the day...

pumaking
05-22-2005, 09:29 PM
aparently some of you guys have no clue about video game markets. Anyways if Halo3 was to be released for the PS3 and the 360 MS would make a killing, why do you ask simple b/c Sony and MS dont make **** selling consoles they make roughly $3 for each console sold, so where do they get there money from simple, accesories and games. Now if Halo2 was released on PS2 MS and Bungie would make a boatload more b/c PS2 has kicked the living crap out of MS sales on consoles, which means more consoles means larger customer target.

As for the PS3 it surpasses the 360 in every level, not to mention it was have better everything, better video card, processors.

maxama10
05-22-2005, 09:46 PM
killzone 2 is gonna be awsome!!! i think its suppose to be the Halo "killer" :shooting: .....looks pretty sweet ...

but im a little sad i wont be able to play PDzero or halo3 or ghostrecon3 :( oh welll

FlawleZ
05-23-2005, 02:07 AM
ya i was going to say

also they are making metal gear solid 4 for the xbox 360!!!!

i dont want the new ps3 i was reading that the specks are nothing compared to the 360

Have you even looked at the PS3 stats, or are you just blowing smoke since this is mostly a Halo/Xbox thread? The PS3 CLEARLY has better stats than the XBOX 360. Just the CELL alone is 5 times more powerful than the most powerful PC processors of today. They're going to release a new version of Halo and to release it when the PS3 comes out would be smart, but the PS3 is going to be top dawg as far as performance goes and developers will go with the most capable machine for years to come because in all reality, the games are only as good as the developers. ;)

Chipper
05-23-2005, 02:45 PM
Technically, there could be 7 Halo's and it would make sense since there are 7 rings. And if the games stay as good as they are, and don't turn to crap so they can release them faster to make a quick buck, I wouldn't mind one bit.

And Halo is on PC...

Yes, there could be 7 Halos, I was just using the 5 as a example, and yes, it is on PC. Originally (before Bungie was bought by MS) it was going to come out on the PC and nothing else.

Chipper - are you chipper259 on XBL?

No, I am UncoolChipper.

Bluestrike_2
05-23-2005, 08:21 PM
Yes, there could be 7 Halos, I was just using the 5 as a example, and yes, it is on PC. Originally (before Bungie was bought by MS) it was going to come out on the PC and nothing else.

Actually it was going to come out on the Mac and nothin else. :D

Just nit-picking...

No, I am UncoolChipper.

Cool, I'll send you a friend request some time soon.

Kai
05-23-2005, 08:24 PM
HALO 3 IS FOR SUCKAS! SUCKA M-C'S! I'M GONNA SUCKA YOU!

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

I jest, I jest.

Stealthgerbil
05-24-2005, 02:27 PM
Just the CELL alone is 5 times more powerful than the most powerful PC processors of today

Actually, the cell runs at 3.2 GHZ, whereas the fasted AMD processor is 3.8 GHZ. For a console, though, 3.2 GHZ is FAST, considering it doesn't have to run windows, ect. If you wanna see what the next gen consoles will look like, just look at the fastest computer out right now. For comparison, a PS2 is 300 mhz, and an Xbox is 700 mhz.

If I were to buy a console, I would get a PS3, simply because its easier to play a FPS on a computer, and I already own PS2 games, so it would be logical to get a PS3. Plus the Halo games will come out on the PC

Chris42050
05-24-2005, 03:02 PM
It is true that the game companies, Sony and Microsoft dont make money on the consoles, they do make money off of the games. Since Microsoft owns bungie, It would be stupid to release it on PS3 because that was the main game that got people to buy the original xbox which in turn got them to buy games for the xbox. For every game a game company sells for a console they have to pay a fee to the manufature (microsoft, sony). So, if the only game keeping people buying your machine is Halo why would you put it on a rival machine. No one would buy your console and you would have no one buying games for it and you would get no money.

RogueFactoryKid
05-24-2005, 06:29 PM
If I were to buy a console, I would get a PS3, simply because its easier to play a FPS on a computer
Have you ever played halo on xbox? it's almost the easiest thing to aim on for any console. The auto tracking is set up perfectly.

gc82000
05-24-2005, 07:54 PM
The only frachise that I miss on the PS systems are the Armored Core series and the Final Fantasy. I honestly could care less about the rest. The main reason that I hate the PS is that the loading time sucks, what was it on GTA like 2 minutes everytime you go through each area. That part killed the game for me.

WickeDKlowN
05-24-2005, 07:56 PM
In San Andreas, I don't think there is any loading(well, it loads in the background).

I remember Armored Core. I don't remember what it was, but I remember many hours spent playing it.

Head knight of Ni
05-24-2005, 08:36 PM
Have you even looked at the PS3 stats, or are you just blowing smoke since this is mostly a Halo/Xbox thread? The PS3 CLEARLY has better stats than the XBOX 360. Just the CELL alone is 5 times more powerful than the most powerful PC processors of today. They're going to release a new version of Halo and to release it when the PS3 comes out would be smart, but the PS3 is going to be top dawg as far as performance goes and developers will go with the most capable machine for years to come because in all reality, the games are only as good as the developers. ;)

Ha. Let's see... IGN's thoughtshttp://xbox360.ign.com/articles/617/617951p1.html
IGN's conclusion: When you break down the numbers, Xbox 360 has provably more performance than PS3. Keep in mind that Sony has a track record of over promising and under delivering on technical performance.

Major Nelsons thoughts http://www.majornelson.com/2005/05/20/xbox-360-vs-ps3-part-1-of-4/

Please, before making claims remember, "The truth is that both systems pack a lot of power for high definition games and entertainment."

Let's see the games before we say one system is better than the other.

Bluestrike_2
05-24-2005, 08:54 PM
killzone 2 is gonna be awsome!!! i think its suppose to be the Halo "killer" :shooting: .....looks pretty sweet ...

but im a little sad i wont be able to play PDzero or halo3 or ghostrecon3 :( oh welll

Eh...

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/616/616591p1.html

The video was NOT in-game. It is a representation of WHAT they WANT to get, but they don't come right out and say yes/no.

And the damn controversy continues. Notice how no one ever comes out and says, "Dude, that's me playing." You know, we don't even get a simple, "The footage was generated using the in-game engine and a lot of cool scripting." We always just have to settle with, "Hey, look at out Killzone! It's what we intend Killzone to be." What does that even mean anyway?

So now we come to it... What do IGN editors think. Is the Killzone video real? Will the game look like that?

Jeremy Dunham - IGNPS2
"I don't think so. I think the only way the game will look like that is if they spent several more years in development and knew how to exploit the PlayStation 3 to its fullest. I have no doubt that they can produce cutscenes that good, but then again, the cutscene gave that away!"

Ed Lewis - IGNPS2
"We're probably going to see similar type graphics...hopefully. Because that's what they're aiming for, but...oh man. Hopefully. I mean, right now it's just a concept video. What will it be? I don't know. It's way too early to tell."

Ivan Sulic - IGNPS2
"Hell no."

Juan Castro - IGNCube
"Yes. It will. On PS4... 2009. Or maybe 2015."

David Clayman - IGNXbox
"No. No. No. If that's the style of the game, it will look like that, but not at that level of quality. That had separate animations for every single movement. That is not a game. It was total CG. Those little things giveaway stuff like that real well."

Doug Perry - IGNXbox
"It doesn't look real to me, but it's what I want the game to look like and I hope. But I don't think the developer is capable of that, especially based on the first game."

Stephen Butts - IGNPC
"No. The video is real in the sense that it exists in this time continuum, but no, it does not reflect what the game will look like."

Dan Adams - IGNPC
"No."

There you have it! IGN believes, overwhelmingly, that the video is a fake. That's where we stand. Prove us wrong, Guerilla. Prove us wrong.

Fred
05-24-2005, 09:58 PM
There's no way Bungie could have it ready for the holidays, at least not in any form that would do justice to Halo 1 and 2.

Releasing it in another year, paralel to PS3 makes great marketing sense, as it will be HUGE, and will take the attention away from PS3.

---Fred

Linkwarner
05-24-2005, 11:45 PM
I would rather wait for Halo 3, then it being released unpolished. I was one of the few that actually enjoyed Halo2, but they could have done more to explain what was going on, like that one tentical thing? But, as I said before, I would like it

ScatterPlot
05-24-2005, 11:54 PM
Halo 2 was just sorta, bleh. It was really overhyped, IMHO. The multiplayer is absolutely great, but the single player had some flaws- no flashlights in key areas, the gay alien missions- the active camo was cool but it was too short, and I still would have rather had a flashlight.

Warewolf50
05-25-2005, 12:58 AM
Halo 2 was just sorta, bleh. It was really overhyped, IMHO. The multiplayer is absolutely great, but the single player had some flaws- no flashlights in key areas, the gay alien missions- the active camo was cool but it was too short, and I still would have rather had a flashlight.

Wierd, its amazing i actually felt like completly oppisiste bout the game, I hated the mutiplayer it feel as good to me, I didnt like that u couldnt have unlimited nades, i didnt like making the pistol suck, and when looking at people from a distince it looks like crap.

But i thought the single player was really fun and teh arbator missions were a good change of pace from the Master chief missions.

Chris42050
05-25-2005, 12:04 PM
Ha. Let's see... IGN's thoughtshttp://xbox360.ign.com/articles/617/617951p1.html
IGN's conclusion: When you break down the numbers, Xbox 360 has provably more performance than PS3. Keep in mind that Sony has a track record of over promising and under delivering on technical performance.

Major Nelsons thoughts http://www.majornelson.com/2005/05/20/xbox-360-vs-ps3-part-1-of-4/

Please, before making claims remember, "The truth is that both systems pack a lot of power for high definition games and entertainment."

Let's see the games before we say one system is better than the other.
You are so right. I remember when the original PS was being hyped. The screenshots looked better than PS2 games. I was blown away until the first batch of games came out and I found out its true processing power and I was very disappointed. So much so that I actually bought a Saturn instead. I got all worked up this time over the PS3 hype about this cell processor being so much better than Xbox 360 but then I remembered PS's track record and decided to wait until both machines actually hit the market to make my decision which is better.

sbpyro
05-25-2005, 12:31 PM
Planning to get both.
add to my items that I can network in the house.