PDA

View Full Version : Overkill?

yingyang
05-22-2005, 06:16 PM
Right now im using a tippmann 98 custom and sold my other loader and using a reloader B right now, the gun it totally stock. If i put the reloader on its lowest speed will it still push past the dent or ball stopper thingy?

buzzboy
05-22-2005, 06:29 PM
Probalby not. I have seen a halo b on a spyder imagine and it didn't push past that detent. I wouldn't think it would be any different than what you are talking about.

teufelhunden
05-22-2005, 06:29 PM
Try it..

Pyroboy597
05-22-2005, 07:03 PM
im just curios.. why did you put an RB on your stock tippman ? you should have saved that money and upgraded it or something.

shartley
05-22-2005, 07:07 PM
Yes, I think it is overkill. I think you would have done just as good going with a Revvy or similar loader with a stock 98C. As suggested by another member, a better use of your funds may have been to get some upgrades (or save up for them) before going with that loader.

But as others stated, it should not be a problem loading.

johnson88
05-22-2005, 07:27 PM
Yes extreme overkill but it will help with feeding and choppping

ojhspyro89
05-22-2005, 07:28 PM
I had my Halo B on my bros tippmann. It was when i first built my defiant i went out to play and had nothing but my nitro and halo B. It was cool having a tippmann with a halo b and nitro tank, made me feel "AGG" lmao ive allways wanted to use that.

jenarelJAM
05-22-2005, 07:39 PM
personally, i would rather go out with a stock 98, hpa, and a halo(or reloader) than go out with an ion using co2 and a 9v revvy. personally, i think it's better to upgrade small parts to their full potential(hopper, air source, non-marker items) instead of buying a $40 hopper, and then when you upgrade your gun, having to buy the halo anyways to keep up. I think it is better to save your money and buy everything you want at once, or to buy stuff based on what you will want eventually. If you never plan to spend more than $300 on a marker, a revvy will probably be enough for your needs, but i dont get spending extra money just because you want to spend the full $____ you ave right now, save it up and wait for the thing you will want eventually.

EDiT: my friend bought a usd halo for $70 and stuck it on his 98c. looked great, and now that he has an ion, he's set.

mobsterboy
05-22-2005, 07:44 PM
well, heres the thing
its cool and all to get the fastest hopper, and i dont disagree on the air upgrading part, but halos are friggen heavy compared to a revvy
so it depends on if you plan on actually using that halo for its full potential, b/c im sure that a revvy with a aftermarket board will do just fine if you are playing some rec or in the woods

SpecialBlend2786
05-22-2005, 07:53 PM
yeah, I think you'd be better off with a Reloader A or something similar. Less weight, more capacity, easier to use, cheaper...

You could make upwards of $40 by selling the Reloader A and getting something cheaper.

yingyang
05-23-2005, 02:19 PM
this is all for you people said i should of bought a cheap loader, I use to have an apache and i bought my freinds reloader B for 60(yea and it works great) and sold my apache to buy an automag, this is why im using a reloader b on my tippmann, and yea i got nitro on it. :clap:

temps
05-23-2005, 02:25 PM
I've seen people use reloader B's on tipman 98's with no feeding problems you should be good.

yingyang
05-23-2005, 02:30 PM
Thanks ya'll :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: