PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever made your team nervous?

REDRT
05-23-2005, 12:23 AM
Well, being a backman for the team I sometimes have shoot pretty near the guys in front of me. I as many back players know zipping paint just past your front/mid guys heads is necessary sometimes. Well a couple of the guys commented they got nervous. I do come close, but I pride myself never hitting one of my guys yet. :D Kind of funny for me. Any back players ever get that from the team? I guess we should work harder on the trust issue.

magman007
05-23-2005, 12:27 AM
just this weekend i almost put one in a front guys back, the damn house they had for the snake was too tall from the back standup, but it was a poorly layed out field, so not my fault. just tell em to stay in, or tell em to snap out low for a min while you send yor stream. you are a communicator. so do it

ej_y4
05-23-2005, 12:28 AM
I have been shot out by one of my teamates like that, all it takes is a little drop off or a chop. ;)

Carbon
05-23-2005, 12:38 AM
tell them they should get over it. its pretty common to zip a line of paint over peoples heads, although at the inception, you probably want to establish a firing lane not so close to your guys. But sometimes you have to, just make sure they listen for/to you.

indulgence
05-23-2005, 12:55 AM
I try to stay away from playing back. But this one time I was trying to get someone and I got scared of hitting one of my teammates. But I did it anyway and hoped that it didnt hit him. In fact. It was at an AO Day and the guy in front of me was . Carbon ^^^^ up there. (can't miss him with all his bandanas)

Point is, sometimes you just have to do it I guess.

frontrunner
05-23-2005, 05:33 AM
i like to hear paint flying past me if it sgoing the righ direction, i trust a few guys to do it right and to have my *** while i move or even when in a hole. That not a good comment for someone to make i'd rather worry about my back shooting me then have him not want to shoot but i like back men who shoot alot

bleachit
05-23-2005, 06:22 AM
I was playing at an indoor place with a bunch of people I didnt know, and one of my teammates was trying to move to a bunker in front of me from my left...well the other team had a guy trying to move on him. so I was putting some suppressive fire on the other team and had a ball or two go through my teammates hair.. or pretty darn close. didnt eliminate him, but he didnt look to happy when he turned around and stared at me.

Maggot6
05-23-2005, 06:58 AM
Just try not to do it if it isn't absolutely necessary (sp) And tell them the circumstance and why you were doing it if they try and talk to you about it.

peewee
05-23-2005, 08:12 AM
Once in a while. I tell em it aint my paint you should be worrying about. :shooting:

azzkikr
05-23-2005, 11:12 AM
i used to scare the daylights out of my front guys. since i used to play left tape back. at first they used to freeze cause they thought i was going light them up. well after a few times and pratices, i just told them just whatever you do don't come over the top unless u plan something with me first. my fifty guys could wrap arround all day if they wanted to. and it works too. hell a couple of times i took out their own fifty mirrors before they realized they were there. aahhh. the good old tourny days

thing of the past for me anyways.

l8r
AZZKIKR

Lohman446
05-23-2005, 11:16 AM
I one time found it necessary to crawl the snake to take there fifty guy out. My backplayer kept him in with a steady stream of fire, which I crawled under... this was going from behind me over my back and head as I crawled, interesting crawl, I can say I hurried

p8ntball72
05-23-2005, 11:50 AM
The stuff that happends in the stage area makes me more nervous than on the field.
Take a look at the team I play with.

www.southwestvoodoo.com/Images/2004/SC2004/photos/trv27.JPG
www.southwestvoodoo.com/Images/2004/SC2004/photos/trv29.JPG
www.southwestvoodoo.com/Images/2004/Band2/photos/DSC00005.JPG

Lohman446
05-23-2005, 11:53 AM
On my way to tournament yesterday my pistol was getting annoying in my back. so I asked my teammate riding with me to open the glove box so I could toss it in there, I just didn't tell him why... I got some odd looks when I pulled my .45 and holster and tossed it in there :D

SCpoloRicker
05-23-2005, 11:56 AM
I try to stay away from playing back. But this one time I was trying to get someone and I got scared of hitting one of my teammates. But I did it anyway and hoped that it didnt hit him. In fact. It was at an AO Day and the guy in front of me was . Carbon ^^^^ up there. (can't miss him with all his bandanas)

Point is, sometimes you just have to do it I guess.

Shooting at Carbon is always acceptable, own team or not. ;)

And p8ntball72 plays with some interesting individuals. :)

trains are bad
05-23-2005, 01:05 PM
On my way to tournament yesterday my pistol was getting annoying in my back. so I asked my teammate riding with me to open the glove box so I could toss it in there, I just didn't tell him why... I got some odd looks when I pulled my .45 and holster and tossed it in there :D

haha

We shoot next to each other all the time. I'm not afraid to shoot right next to a front player, and I'm not afraid of paint coming from my back guys, rather, comforted.

sandreaver
05-23-2005, 03:53 PM
Shooting at Carbon is always acceptable, own team or not. ;)

And p8ntball72 plays with some interesting individuals. :)

Thats just a few of the group, check out www.southwestvoodoo.com to see the rest of the "interesting individuals"

On the topic, I trust any player that says that have my back when I am movving.... right up to the piont where they shoot me in the back.. :shooting:

slade
05-23-2005, 04:56 PM
yeah, work on the trust issue. i mean, you havent shot them yet...

ive been shot in the back by my teammates twice, and i still trust them :cool:

p8ntball72
05-23-2005, 06:02 PM
I trust everyone on Voodoo.... well.... not Pat, but everyone else. :D

viperx1_1000
05-23-2005, 06:27 PM
ive been shot in the back of the head. It sucks, and i give my back man a good talkin too afterwards. also if you take out everyone on your side of the field, get to the other side and elimminate all the other players then go yell at your team saying it's clear and they shoot you saying they thought u were on the otherr team, even though you have matching jerseys. :rolleyes:

Caffiend
05-23-2005, 06:33 PM
I trust everyone on Voodoo.... well.... not Pat, but everyone else. :D

LOL! I trust all my teamates on the field, even Pat. But I try to stay on the other side of field ;)

Viper, have you had your teammates color vision checked?

REDRT
05-23-2005, 07:03 PM
Well over half the team is new this year so still working on the trust issue among other things I guess. But one was my brother! We been playing together for 10 years. Though upon writing this if I remember correctly the last time I told him to trust me, I sliced his finger pretty bad. I think he flinched though...

Lohman446
05-23-2005, 07:47 PM
If I don't make my team nervous on a daily basis I am with them I consider it to be a failure

Fatjon
05-23-2005, 07:52 PM
I shoot right by some of my front players heads. I only do it with guys that are used to playing with me and know not to come over the top. I havent shot one in the head by a rope but last weekend at mspa i accendently came out to snap shoot and bounced a couple off my bunker and it went straight into one of my front players head. That was 1 out of a 100 chance.

Jon

The Butcher
05-23-2005, 09:25 PM
[QUOTE=Caffiend]LOL! I trust all my teamates on the field, even Pat. But I try to stay on the other side of field ;)

I don't have to trust anyone on Voodoo because I'm always the one in the back and I've never shot any of my own guys......yet :D

www.southwestvoodoo.com

barberjohn
05-24-2005, 06:30 PM
i am usually a front man and was put in back one game during a tourney and used a left handed warped micro-emag that was running 4.0 and ramping like crazy. this was pretty much a triple negative, me shooting lefty, being back, and using a stupid fast gun when i was used to my reg rt mag. well, halfway through the game im shooting over my frontmans head, who is in the bunker right in front of me, and he pops up to look right as i pop out to shoot, and bam, shot him right in the back of the head. needless to say we lost that game and the guy that i shot just happened to be the team captain, and made for a pretty bad ending game at this tourney :( .

White_Noise
05-25-2005, 12:14 AM
during a practice scrimage, a guy who was on my team shot one of our teammates, who was in the same bunker as him! not only that, but i believe it was multiple times.

Enemy
05-25-2005, 05:23 AM
i love it when my back guys put paint right bye my head! it reminds me that they are there and that there is a guy in that lane. but in recball it really makes me mad when they shoot the bunker im at less than a couple inches from my head i dont trust those guys heck ive been shot bye them on more than one occasion.