PDA

View Full Version : When one person carries a team

Lohman446
05-23-2005, 12:19 PM
We were at a local tournament the other day (3-man) and it seemed our backplayer just carried the day.

One game I'm sliding into my first bunker, the other tape player is on the other side. I hear "scratch right tape" (mine) "scratch left can".... I start moving down the snake (keep in mind we are 10 seconds into the game), look up, and note there dead box is full - come to find out our backplayer laned out two people on the right side of the field and then took the third one all in under 10 seconds.

Two games later I'm looking at the other tape player in the deadbox with me, no big deal our back player takes the 3 on 1 and hangs the flag.

Next game I get pinched hard in the snake, can't do anything and we lost the other tape. Our backplayer makes a move unseen to the other tape, and takes out the entire other team.

One of those days that I kinda felt I could have just hung out in the dead box. Its not often that one player on our team is so instrumental alone in getting us into finals.

peewee
05-23-2005, 12:41 PM
Everyone has tourneys like that once in a while. Just make sure you get yours next time. Thats what makes a team.Sounds like you have a good backman that can "see" the field. Better than one that just throws paint. If you feel that your slacking then get on it.

GT
05-23-2005, 12:52 PM
no one person ever carries the team unless its a 1 v. the other team, and in that case they managed to give up there teamates. I dont buy into the 1 man team.

trains are bad
05-23-2005, 01:01 PM
Even if you both got shot out, you provided a target for the other team to shoot at when they could have been shooting at your backplayer. And by holding the angles, you limited the moves available to them. You don't have to mark people to be an effective player.

Lohman446
05-23-2005, 01:04 PM
Even if you both got shot out, you provided a target for the other team to shoot at when they could have been shooting at your backplayer. And by holding the angles, you limited the moves available to them. You don't have to mark people to be an effective player.

Trust me... that seems to be my motto as of late :p And I understand the normal flow of the game, where one player is going to appear to do more than the others. This was above and beyond it all day yesterday though... just he had a stellar day...

andreb
05-23-2005, 01:12 PM
I happens... the thing is that GENERALLY we see players that play in advanced position doing all the major damage but itīs not a rule.

Really seems like you have a hell of a back player. Good at laning and good at moving around when the game changes.

I wish I could see some os his moves since Iīm a back player and I need more practice with taking out people when Iīm all thatīs left on our side of the field.