PDA

View Full Version : warp bodies for the ion?

darwin
05-23-2005, 03:13 PM
is it possible?

teufelhunden
05-23-2005, 03:14 PM
Possible, sure. Eyes would have to be moved around, but with an unlimited wallet, anything is possible.

yakitori
05-23-2005, 03:27 PM
Why would anyone want to do that anyway? Only a handful of ppl use warps even on thier mags. I used to use them, but its a lot better now w/o it.

darwin
05-23-2005, 03:49 PM
Why would anyone want to do that anyway? Only a handful of ppl use warps even on thier mags. I used to use them, but its a lot better now w/o it.

Perference, I liked shooting a warped gun.

trains are bad
05-23-2005, 07:07 PM
The warp ULE is basically the only reason I shoot a mag right now.

Fred
05-23-2005, 07:15 PM
:rolleyes: I'm still waiting on warp mag sluggos...

minimag03
05-23-2005, 07:33 PM
Ion body + epoxy + Dremel + duct tape = Ion warp body

The bodies are cheap enough.

WARPED1
05-23-2005, 09:40 PM
Perference, I liked shooting a warped gun.
Hire Doc to build you a warp Ion.:) Of course you'll have to wait 27 years to get it. But Docs work kicks arse, even though he takes a long time.

minimag03
05-23-2005, 09:45 PM
Hire Doc to build you a warp Ion.:) Of course you'll have to wait 27 years to get it. But Docs work kicks arse, even though he takes a long time.

Actually, I think the wait just reached 29 years. If you send him a couple cans of Dew with your body he will try his best to get it back before your hair turns gray and your first hip replacement.

WARPED1
05-23-2005, 10:26 PM
As much as we pick on Doc for his wait times, he turns out great stuff!

Chronobreak
05-23-2005, 10:38 PM
we still want warp slugs..

i think tom backed out on that... :argh:

as for warp ions..

wanna pay $150 for a warp body w or + shell making it $180~..

trust me they wouldnt sell although it would be cool

get a no-rise imp threaded feedneck and stick the warp on...1-1.5 inches isnt a big target ;)

ThePixelGuru
05-23-2005, 11:27 PM
Don't think it's possible, not the way you mean. I assume what you're thinking is that since the Ion has those swappable composite bodies, it'd be easy to make one with a warp feed left or right breach rather than a vert feed or somesuch, right? The problem is that those are just shells that go on the outside of the Ion. If I'm right, there's the outside composite shell and the inside body, which the shell fits on. That inside body can't be changed so easily, and making a WL or WR shell for the Ion wouldn't do anything, since the feed neck's attached to the inside body.

Take a look.
http://www.smartparts.com/Products/images/prodIon-shell.jpg

Hope that clears things up a bit.

Paintchucker
05-24-2005, 01:27 AM
Possible, sure. Eyes would have to be moved around, but with an unlimited wallet, anything is possible.

The eyes and detentes would be the biggest problem that you would face in doing this... Perhaps if a feedneck could be made with a 45-90 degree curve in it, it would be more feasible... Not quite as smooth a solution as the AGD Guns... Did PTP make an adapter for the impulse? I don't have one in my kit, but may have sold it long ago...

ColdFuzion
05-24-2005, 02:36 PM
Don't they have a threaded breech? Extend some wires, unthread it a quarter turn, Dremel and duct tape a new body, and you're set.

-Cold

teufelhunden
05-24-2005, 02:53 PM
You could also make a shell that has a bit of a tube that runs from the top of the marker around the side. It'll add maybe an inch or so on top, but as was said before, an inch isn't so much.

Automaggot68
05-24-2005, 06:33 PM
[QUOTE=Chronobreak]we still want warp slugs..

i think tom backed out on that... :argh:
QUOTE]

You think?

LONEWOLFOO1
05-16-2008, 01:38 PM
I did a search and found this you could log on and asked how it was done.

http://www.undergroundmodshop.com/forums/vBulletin/showthread.php?t=14134

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v388/druidsdecendant/warpedIon2.jpg

ThePixelGuru
05-16-2008, 02:14 PM
Hmm. Yeah, I saw recently that New Designz made a 'cocker threaded breach for the Ion, looks like it replaces a portion of the internal body (feedneck and barrel threads), so someone could probably made a sideways feedneck replacement like that.

B-Pow
05-16-2008, 02:19 PM
It's actually a lot easier than people are making it sound. The only thing that needs modification is the breach that threads onto the firiing can. Warpig did it with a SP8 which is internally an ion. All he did was pivot the back dounut so that the feedneck was comming out the side, put a stopper in the banjo hole in the breech, drill a new holes in the "side" for the banjo and frame screw, and done...basically.

If you're keeping the ion style body the trick woould be runnig the wire back from the eyes, but you can just "carve a channel" in the plastic body...kinda.

see: http://www.warpig.com/paintball/technical/paintguns/smartparts/sp8_side/

Exact same internals as an ion, and not that difficult if you have some equipment.