PDA

View Full Version : Flashing an emag.

shoot m up
05-23-2005, 04:52 PM
Ok heres my deal. I called a local paintball store. I am getting my gun worked on since i got it in a mess. Well i am going to get it flashed to 3.2. He asks me if i have "EYES." He said he wouldnt recomend it if I didnt have eyes. I am wondering if it is still alright to get it flashed anyways or if i should keep 1.37. O by the way i didnt know if emags or xmags had eyes i thought x mags. But Post want some advice please so i know if its alright. I still planning on getting it flashed.

:dance:

FlawleZ
05-23-2005, 05:12 PM
Ok heres my deal. I called a local paintball store. I am getting my gun worked on since i got it in a mess. Well i am going to get it flashed to 3.2. He asks me if i have "EYES." He said he wouldnt recomend it if I didnt have eyes. I am wondering if it is still alright to get it flashed anyways or if i should keep 1.37. O by the way i didnt know if emags or xmags had eyes i thought x mags. But Post want some advice please so i know if its alright. I still planning on getting it flashed.

:dance:
Blah....he knows nothing. 3.2 is a great software update. X Mags came with ACE but it can be installed on an E-Mag. If you don't mind, what's he charging for the 3.2?

stop whining buy a mag
05-23-2005, 05:29 PM
If he told you something like that I wouldn't have him work on your gun. Any mag guru knows that having 3.2 on your E/X-mag is a must no matter if you have eyes or not. We have the Level 10 to replace the eyes.

shoot m up
05-24-2005, 02:16 PM
Well its paintball maxxs down in houston texas. I been told he was the one to go to. I dont know how much he is charging for flashing but when i find out i will let you know. Well i am taking it to him because the person i bought my emag from stripped out the battery screw hole and was use wrong screws on the whole emag. SO i am taking it there for thread insert and a few other things.

Ryan

Dayspring
05-24-2005, 04:39 PM
Make sure you talk to Brad. Tell him I sent you...

And yes, you can use 3.2. There's a setting for ACE but since you don't have one, keep it at 0 and it'll fire just as it does now.

doober
05-24-2005, 11:18 PM
i from houston also and the airsmith at maxx is a agd certifide techy

Dayspring
05-25-2005, 08:36 AM
That would be Brad. :)

i from houston also and the airsmith at maxx is a agd certifide techy

BradAGD
06-03-2005, 12:52 PM
thanks shoot em for double guessing me...

shoot m up
06-03-2005, 01:14 PM
hey i didnt mean anything. I was wondering because all the other emags have 3.2 and they dont have the ace. I already top out the 1.37 so i want to get the newest software

BradAGD
06-03-2005, 01:52 PM
You can top out 20bps???

shoot m up
06-03-2005, 01:55 PM
You can top out 20bps???

I thought 1.37 will only do 16. at least that what it said on some site. i have to find it. Plus its the older version software and i was wanting the newer one. I have been toldi should flash it by people and AGD so i rather get the update

found it havoc online has it. says it is Capped at 16bps. I can shoot a lil faster than that. the 3.2 is capped at 26bps

stop whining buy a mag
06-03-2005, 02:09 PM
3.2 is capped at 20. 4.X is capped at 26 (or was it 27?) and 1.37 is capped at 16.

Either way send your gun off to get 3.2. There is no reason not to pay $20 and send your gun off to get better software.

shoot m up
06-03-2005, 02:22 PM
3.2 is capped at 20. 4.X is capped at 26 (or was it 27?) and 1.37 is capped at 16.

Either way send your gun off to get 3.2. There is no reason not to pay $20 and send your gun off to get better software.

That and i still need the micro switch to be fixed so i will just send it to AGD

Boydster
06-06-2005, 10:25 PM
thanks shoot em for double guessing me...
Brad, I'm the guy that went with him to the store. I was the one that had a little argument with you about the 3.2 lol.

I'm still a little curious as to why you believe 1.37 was good, and why 3.2 was only meant for Xmags. I mean, you are an AGD tech after all; one of the best in the country.

You do know about the flaw in 1.37 don't you? Something in the software keeps you from shooting fast. You have to perfectly time the shots so they go off in even intervals, or it'll drop/skip the shot. When I had the 1.37, I was never able to reach the cap at 16. 11 was the highest I could go. Then when I got my hands on 4.0, I made it up to 18, according to the board's ROF counter.

Somebody please explain in better detail why 3.2 is just better overall, and why it IS meant for Emags as well as Xmags.

Oh and Brad, may I ask what software you have on your Emag?

oddysey
06-07-2005, 03:19 PM
i have an E-MAG with the 1.37 software and am located near Vancouver, BC CANADA. i have contacted Tunaman about a board flash, but is there anyone closer to me???
i just bought the darn thing and would like as fast a turn around as possible and i have been told Tunaman is on the East coast (THANKS for the fast reply Tuna!).
it shoots great, but hey for $20 why not get a higher possible rof???
THANKS!
:shooting: