PDA

View Full Version : the start of a custom Viking trigger

yakitori
05-23-2005, 09:47 PM
Here are some pics of the viking trigger that I am in the process of making. I get lazy sometimes, so who knows where this is going. It may end up w/ all the other 'unfinished' projects I have laying around the house.

Maybe not though.

I plan on making it a bit thinner. Ive dremmeled it down and bent the bottom of the trigger outward since the stock viking triggers are sloped too much backward toward the bottom of the trigger.

Im probably going to smooth out that hump in the front of the trigger a bit more. As for the finish on it, I will probably just buff it up and go w/ the polished aluminum look for now.

Heres a pic so far. Whatcha think?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/yakitori/IMG_0337.jpg

Aliens-8-MyDad
05-23-2005, 09:48 PM
ewwww... your gonna put that on your pretty gun? why!?

WARPED1
05-23-2005, 09:51 PM
ewwww... your gonna put that on your pretty gun? why!?
It's not done yet you mo! :tard:

yakitori
05-23-2005, 09:53 PM
lol. I doubt it. I will probably never will get around to finishing it. :D. It wont look like this if I do finish though. I really like the JMJ razor blade anyway. Im just doing this for the hell of it. It was just sitting in my toolbox. cya later bro. Lay off aliens man, hes one of my AO buds. :D.

Aliens-8-MyDad
05-23-2005, 09:56 PM
yuh yuh.... represent...

i swear im not black

SOUTHSIDE SOUTHSIDE, YEAH!

bye

WARPED1
05-23-2005, 10:27 PM
lol. I doubt it. I will probably never will get around to finishing it. :D. It wont look like this if I do finish though. I really like the JMJ razor blade anyway. Im just doing this for the hell of it. It was just sitting in my toolbox. cya later bro. Lay off aliens man, hes one of my AO buds. :D.
I was just joking around, no worries!:)

Maggot6
05-24-2005, 06:31 AM
Looks kinda small, unless I can't see in the right prespective.

yakitori
05-24-2005, 07:38 AM
I think it looks shorter cause I bent the bottom of the trigger outward. And the grinding did take about a mill or so off the bottom. I need to polish it up now, then I get some pics w/ it on the gun.

yakitori
05-24-2005, 11:32 AM
I got bored and had my stock trigger laying around, so I thought I would make myself a custom trigger. After a lot of hours of dremmel work, and polishing, here is the end result.

Whatcha think? I was thinking of getting rid of it cause I personally like the JMJ razor better. This trigger turned out to be about 2 mm shorter than the razor blade. I think 1 mm from grinding, and the other mm from bending the bottom of the trigger outward. Its nice and light, and actually pretty comfy.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/yakitori/IMG_0355.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/yakitori/IMG_0345_2.jpg

Aliens-8-MyDad
05-24-2005, 11:56 AM
looks really thin, and kinda mangled, does it bend if you put too much force on it?

yakitori
05-24-2005, 12:07 PM
no. its very sturdy. I was actually going for the wave design. You cannot bend it w/ your fingers. Ive tried. It takes a rubber mallot and something to wedge under it.

Its not the best, but at least there is no other one like it. :D. I may just end up selling it. Its better than just sitting in my toolbox.

Ill show it to ya this weekend. I put the JMJ trigger back on just cause I like the feel of the razorblade better.

yakitori
05-24-2005, 02:19 PM
I did a little more smoothing out some humps esp toward the top of the trigger. Its still very sturdy and it looks better now. I tuned it in good and now I have it on the gun. Ill leave it on for a while and see how I like it. I can always switch them back.

Ill let ya shoot it some this weekend Aliens. Actually I was a bit inspired by your emag trigger. Only I took it a bit further. :D. If you have ever seen the fat stock viking triggers, you would know that it took a lot of work to get it here.

I also polished it up a lot more and now it glistens. Cant wait to give it a rip at the field this weekend. :dance:

Heres another pic after I did a bit more work on it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/yakitori/IMG_0357.jpg

Fatjon
05-24-2005, 07:26 PM
hit that thing with some 600 grit then some 1000 grit sand paper then buff it. It will take all them small scratches out of it.

yakitori
05-24-2005, 07:47 PM
hit that thing with some 600 grit then some 1000 grit sand paper then buff it. It will take all them small scratches out of it.

I hit it w/ a dremmel polishing attachment about 4 times. I polished it up shiney as a mofo. The top pictures were before I polished it good. It looks nice and smooth now.