PDA

View Full Version : newbie - looking for insight/direction.

[echo]
05-24-2005, 10:31 AM
hey guys... im new to the sport. I'm looking for opinions/insight about mechanical guns vs. electronic markers... pros/cons...

I currently have an M3 Black Dragun.. which was given to me... it's fine for my current "lelvel of play" and the time i can actually spend playing - but i'd like to get a better marker and like the look of automags.. but i know almost nothing about them..

E-Mag? Automag? MiniMag? Angel? Shocker...?

i play woods ball 99.9% of the time.

thanks in advance.
[e]

Dayspring
05-24-2005, 12:23 PM
http://www.nickpapandria.com/pics/autowb102.gif

[echo]
05-24-2005, 02:25 PM
terrible.

usmc8892
05-24-2005, 08:54 PM
welcome to AO! My first Mag was a minimag, ideal for woodsball. A classic would serve well also. Do you plan on using CO2 or HPA ?

etjoyride
05-24-2005, 09:38 PM
if your just starting out , but really looking to stay in the game, then i would definetly go with a classic orminimag. You can often find some real good deals on mags down in the B/S/T forums. good luck

Lefty21
05-25-2005, 07:06 AM
electros are faster and have modes of shooting...except for the cocker, mechs are not as high-maintenance...

If you are really into high rof than go with an electro, if you're more into the scenario and woodsball scene than go with a cool mech marker like the tac one.

Oh...electros are like double the price of mech markers....I have ule custom, semi-tricked out and a a4fly and love them both...when I wanna get really nitty gritty in scenario mode I use my mag and when I wanna keep up with high rof on x-ball and speed ball fields I use my fly.

[echo]
05-25-2005, 08:13 AM
thanks for the replies guys..

I plan on useing Nitro, and i'm much more interested in a mechanical marker that is customizable... be it with anodize, new grips, whatever...

i like the idea of a more pistol like marker (like the minimag) as opposed to a more rifle like marker (tippmann a-5).