PDA

View Full Version : Interesting mod for Tac-1

MicroMiniMe
05-24-2005, 01:16 PM
Well there's using the rails and then there's:
eBay item (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=47248&item=7158782001&rd=1)
Adding a whole mount on top.
I guess the form and function applies more than just the whole 'sniper' hype.

Interesting I thought.
Hehe, one way to loose the air line off the foregrip :P

behemoth
05-24-2005, 01:44 PM
Actually, thats pretty badass.

peewee
05-24-2005, 01:51 PM
Couple players in my area have them. Look better in person.

Paintchucker
05-24-2005, 02:21 PM
Well there's using the rails and then there's:
eBay item (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=47248&item=7158782001&rd=1)
Adding a whole mount on top.
I guess the form and function applies more than just the whole 'sniper' hype.

Interesting I thought.
Hehe, one way to loose the air line off the foregrip :P

Looks are sometimes more important... Especially in scenario games...

I bet that spring loader has a great fire rate for about 20 balls...

http://members.aol.com/robtest/magpics/93minicamo.jpg

scarpa43
05-24-2005, 02:41 PM
And if you get hurt on the field you can use it as a crutch...

Chipper
05-24-2005, 03:06 PM
My question is how do you reload it? I haven't seen 20 round pods.

Pullman
05-24-2005, 03:58 PM
2 cigar tubes and you're good to go. :D

Alpha
05-24-2005, 03:58 PM
That thing is pathetic.. On the website that sells them, they try to say that the longer the barrel the better, They also say you can enjoy aiming your scope and nailing someone in the goggles at 100 yards away.

They ruined a perfectly good tac, adn they should be ashamed that they turned what was already a great marker into a marketing ploy.

MicroMiniMe
05-24-2005, 04:20 PM
Sniper hype is always sniper hype.

shartley
05-24-2005, 04:28 PM
I like the idea of the springfeed and I think they pulled it off well (although 15 rounds would have been fine since most tubes only hold 10 anyways and that allows you to refill before getting to your last shots). The hype on the other hand is hogwash and honestly those who understand about springfeeds know the deal anyways.

Looks are sometimes more important... Especially in scenario games...

I bet that spring loader has a great fire rate for about 20 balls...

Very true, looks are often important for scenario games.

However spring feeds are not really about ROF, they are about consistent feeding without having to rock your marker after each shot so a ball falls into the breach. I have a custom springfeed for my Stroker so I can use it in pistol mode without having my motorized hopper on top (although I use it like that as well).

Sniper hype is always sniper hype.
And being a “sniper” in paintball is about the style of play, not having a longer shot with “more accuracy” than any other marker. I hate it when people (and businesses) try to sell things other than “style of play”. Yes, there are snipers in paintball. But sniping is about their playing style, not their markers.

tippmannhunter8
05-24-2005, 04:41 PM
very well put shartley,

My next door neighbor of paintball, proudly owns one of these, and the hype is not all "hogwash" I am quite impressed with its distance, looks, and quality. This marker is very solid, unlike cheap mods this gun does not rattle or klang about when running everything is tightened snug and I can see who ever designed it, has played the sport more than a few times.

On the other hand if one would like to purchase an extra magazine or replacement parts,
prices are absolutlely ludacris. But I feel its an outstanding mod for the Tac 1, and if someone has a problem with my words I will gladly pull my post when they show me something much better for the tac 1 that they designed themselves.
- The Tippmann Hunter

onedude36
05-24-2005, 04:44 PM
I like it because it has a stock that doesnt have to come from your asa.

Creative Mayhem
05-24-2005, 05:19 PM
I like the longbow, however it does defeat the purpose of the Tac body. The longbow stock mounts to the rail and completely covers the 2 accesory rails on the side of the Tac body, leaving the user with one rail to mount accesories to.

professor_chaos
05-24-2005, 05:58 PM
First time I saw one was at http://www.specialopspaintball.com/articles/specops_longbow.asp
I kinda like the look of it but would probably just use a hopper.

fullofpaint
05-24-2005, 06:33 PM
Alright guys I'm a big promoter of Spec-ops so I'll try my best to answer some of this,

First: The adapter that lets you attach the stock has rails on it to mount stuffd on it, mainly a sight, but I think you may be able to mount lasers and smaller stuff underneath the shroud.

2nd: Like he said the idea of the spring-fed clip is to eliminate a rock in cock of a normal 10 rd tube, it also gives a player a smaller profile

3rd: Spec-ops defines a sniper usually as a player who blends in with the bush and is ambushes unsuspecting players, not neccesarily from a long-distance, but come on guys every company hypes their product

4th: Spec-ops is also supposed to release a vest soon deaigned to carry their mags, I won't deny thought that the mag prices are crazy

ThePixelGuru
05-24-2005, 10:28 PM
The Longbow's actually kind of cool. The 18" barrel offers one advantage I can think of - you can be further back in brush and still get a clear shot. Think about it, your barrel's poking out and there you are way back in the bushes. Harder to spot, harder to hit. The lack of a hopper means that it's easier to crawl along and you've got a lower profile. And if you take off the shroud I think you can fit more stuff on the rails - the shroud's just there to keep it from looking funny.

Spec.Ops1
05-26-2005, 01:39 PM
That thing is pathetic.. On the website that sells them, they try to say that the longer the barrel the better, They also say you can enjoy aiming your scope and nailing someone in the goggles at 100 yards away.

They ruined a perfectly good tac, adn they should be ashamed that they turned what was already a great marker into a marketing ploy.

Where does it say that you can nail somebody at 100 yards away? lol. the barrel is indeed there for a couple reasons.

1. quieter sound signature
2. looks match the 21 round spring fed mag (these are pricey but you understand why once you see what goes into them and how they hold the balls in when they are in a holster/mag quiver)
3. Increased stand off distance in bushes (as the previous poster stated how you can be further back in to a bush but still get a shot off w/out exposing ones self unnecessarily)
4. Accuracy is a crapshot (in regards to barrel length) however for some reason we found more consistancy with slightly longer barrels. When it comes down to it though shooting the highest quality paint is the ultimate factor given a well setup and chronoed gun)