PDA

View Full Version : Making a hardline... help

jaredborne
05-24-2005, 08:33 PM
Ok... at work we have some of the tubing that was used to make the imfamous hardline that isnt being made anymore. I always wanted one so I thought I would make myslef one. My only problem is not knowing where I can get some quick disconnect fittings. I want to put on my valve and run it to my foregrip then to my on/off. So I will need 4
Where can I get them and whats the max pressure I need for my tube? I think they said its 1000 pounds... or something liek that so I dont know if it will work

BigEvil
05-25-2005, 12:58 PM
I had made s few hardlines years ago.. I knew I used break line that I got from an autostore. You will have to look around for the right fittings. I know there are 1/8 npt elbows with the union for the hardlines on one end. If you can find a pic of the RT hardline you would see what peice im referring to. Im not sure exactly what they are called.

Im sorry I dont remember the exact sizes. Find a good hardware store (Not Home depot or Lowes) and see what sizes you can get the 1/8 elbow/compression fittings in. Then just match it up with some of the metal break-line tubing. You will need a small tubing cutter, and depending on the fitting, possibly a flaring tool.

I think I gave my brother the hardline when he bought my old RT classic off of me. If I get a chance I will ask him tonight if he still has it.

Jonno06
05-25-2005, 01:11 PM
they have quick disconnects at home depot in the hardware section. (section will either be Amflo, or Husky air tool accessories)(i work at homedepot)

jaredborne
05-25-2005, 06:40 PM
Alright thanks

I am just waiting for my valve to come back. I sent it to paintball maxx last thursday.. got there friday and im still waiting for them to mill it to accept the ult kit.... kinda long wait

BigEvil
05-25-2005, 07:54 PM
they have quick disconnects at home depot in the hardware section. (section will either be Amflo, or Husky air tool accessories)(i work at homedepot)

Not what you need. Airtool qd's are 1/4 npt. they are HUGE.