PDA

View Full Version : New design

BTAutoMag
11-26-2001, 08:36 PM
i have this new design for a drop-foreward/grip that i'm pretty sure will sell but i have no way of mass producing it. i'm not done with the entire part yet and i will not share it till i finish it but is there anyone who would be interested in mass producing it if its a good part for a mag? maybe tom? also i do not have a patent on it and i was hoping to just get a joint patent with the person who would help me. again i will not share the part until i find a person to help and i get it done:D

tooslow
11-26-2001, 08:54 PM
Have you tried contacting any of the comercial machine shops in you area? That may be the best place to start.

Not too many Paintball companies actually make their own stuff. The CNC machines used to mass manufacture machined aluminum (and other metal) parts can actually cost hundreds of thousands of dollars. So, the production work is usually farmed out to machine shops.

The other thing you will need to do is find a draftsman to put together some blueprints. Many shops will not even quote prices until they see blueprints in accurate scale.

Good luck. I hope everything works out for you.:)

BTAutoMag
11-26-2001, 09:23 PM
ha lol
i live in norman rockwell usa, there is 20 resturants, 3 hotels, 2 banks, and 1 gas station in our town in our town. dont believe me. go to www.osthoff.com the big hotel in the picture is about 150 feet from my yard and my house is pictured in the site somewhere but i dont know where.

CoFFeY[NiTrO]
11-26-2001, 09:24 PM
Hey, I just thought up a NEW drop foreward
made to fit Mags with the vertical bottle adapter and forgrip....you know...the set-up where you can't use a KAPP DZ2 b/c it won't fit.
It is awsome
I can't decide what to call it. I'm thinking of "Lay-Z-Boi"
or "Snake-I"

tooslow
11-26-2001, 09:32 PM
BTAutoMag: How far away are you from a city?

tooslow
11-26-2001, 09:45 PM
BTAutoMag: Something else to keep in mind. If you are a minor, there are leagl issues with you entering into binding contracts. You may actually have to get your parents involved to sign any contracts regarding production and patents. You may want to talk to a lawyer as well before you get too far into this...

BTAutoMag
12-01-2001, 10:41 PM
finally done and but i will only show the part to tom(AGD) because i dont want anyone trying to "steal" the design. by the way how do you get hold of tom they dont have a pm link or e-mail link for it?

X-Plosive
12-01-2001, 11:35 PM
So you trust Tom and not me? If it's anything like the z-grip don't waste your time.

which one is your house?

BTAutoMag
12-01-2001, 11:43 PM
im 2 more houses off the left of the pick. i saw it on the site but they remodled the site a couple months ago and may of taken off a few pics. come visit me my house # is 154:D

by the way my pb dealers house is about a centimeter from the top right corner