PDA

View Full Version : Re-entry questions

RoboTron
05-24-2005, 09:40 PM
Oh God, about 2 years ago, i got out of the paintball scene because of financial reasons. But now, I'm 16, I have a car, a job, and now i want a new marker... I've previously owned (and still do) a Spyder Flash LCD with a 14" 32* Terminator barrel. Now I want a new gun... I will be playing speedball and woodsball. I definately want a mag, im thinking an E-mag, or a D-mag. Im obviously willing to pay the premium for a great marker. but coming back into the pb scene, Im blasted with many new terms and other things. Can somebody please educate this fool? Sweet jesus i wanna play. :bounce:
Thanks,
Robo

Mr. Mouse
05-24-2005, 09:52 PM
devil mag is the best mag you can get right now, has eyes and the whole bit, then theres the x-mags , there probabley the best 2 mags out

RoboTron
05-24-2005, 09:55 PM
yea, I was looking at the D-mag, and I understood that is an insanely awesome mag, but :( I simply dont understand some of the terms/parts/words on the devil mag page... Im sure if I had a million bajillion days, i could find all my answers here *shakey fist* damn you guys for posting so much before i found this site... :mad: :nono:

Chronobreak
05-24-2005, 10:10 PM
what dont you udnerstand?

its a 90* frame w/nea board/eyes blah blah blah

from what i hear theyr great.although thers only a handfull or two of them out and the wait time can be...well ask some of the people that have been waiting for enar 8 months now.

just look into them before buying one and devoting yourself to it.

ide say an e-mag is an excellent choice and you can still get them new from agd/dealers
or get a killer deal on one used.

mark_1791
05-24-2005, 10:17 PM
Devilmags are probably better if your only criteria is performance. The emag has advantages though, like mech mode, availability and a vast owners group. Get the dmag if youre willing to wait several months. If price is no problem whatsoever, you could order a dmag then get an emag to use until you get your dmag, then sell your emag here or on ebay. If you do that, you'll probably want to buy a used emag.

Glickman
05-24-2005, 10:47 PM
as much as i like mags, personally i think devilmags are a ripoff.

ions have the lightness the dmag doesnt have, and the performance, it does have, as well as a much smaller price tag

if u try out an ion, ull see why so many people are dropping timmies, shockers, and *COUGH* RT MAGS *COUGH* :rolleyes: for them

they have:
-eyes (the good ones, breakbeams)
-really lightweight
-durable (put mine through its paces real well, including muddy, rainy big-game, and of course i didnt many any really, really, dopey looking faceplants with it :rolleyes: )
-simple (anyone can figure out how it works withen 30 seconds)
-good performance (simple yes, but ive personally dropped a shocker, because, well, it is a shocker performance-wise)

the downside?
-ALOT of people have one, which is good and bad, good reputation, but.... alot of people will have it.

not everyone cares about this, but i am someone who does, so i plan on custom spraying my body, something that u only need some tape and enamel spraypaint to do, a quick 15 minute job,but hey, its not everyones pet-peeve

i would go check out your local shop, and ask to test fire any gun in ur sights, even if it doesnt jump off the wall, after all, you really shouldnt listen to us, let your hands do the talking :D

Target Practice
05-24-2005, 10:56 PM
Make sure you hit the right hole. They get mad if you miss.

Edit: I thought it said rear-entry questions.

Glickman
05-24-2005, 10:59 PM
Make sure you hit the right hole. They get mad if you miss.

Edit: I thought it said rear-entry questions.

not quite on the ball today eh? :p

and just who the hell is "they"

Automaggot68
05-25-2005, 04:09 AM
"Fast car....on the highway...on the bi-way....Mr. _____"
Complete the Sentence.

RoboTron
05-25-2005, 06:38 AM
I dont have a local shop, the nearest "local" shop from me is an hour away (Pekin has a "pro" shop, but I dont trust them... when i played there they didnt bother to chrono any markers instead they said that when we got on the field they'd listen)... However, I have fired my friends e-mag (back when they first came out) and it was a pleasant experience. If I were to get an E-mag, I could have eyes put in correct? From what I hear, the lvl 10 already "puts each paintball in the chamber as if by magical elves" what else would eyes do?

CKY_Alliance
05-25-2005, 09:38 AM
as much as i like mags, personally i think devilmags are a ripoff.

ions have the lightness the dmag doesnt have, and the performance, it does have, as well as a much smaller price tag

if u try out an ion, ull see why so many people are dropping timmies, shockers, and *COUGH* RT MAGS *COUGH* :rolleyes: for them

they have:
-eyes (the good ones, breakbeams)
-really lightweight
-durable (put mine through its paces real well, including muddy, rainy big-game, and of course i didnt many any really, really, dopey looking faceplants with it :rolleyes: )
-simple (anyone can figure out how it works withen 30 seconds)
-good performance (simple yes, but ive personally dropped a shocker, because, well, it is a shocker performance-wise)

the downside?
-ALOT of people have one, which is good and bad, good reputation, but.... alot of people will have it.

not everyone cares about this, but i am someone who does, so i plan on custom spraying my body, something that u only need some tape and enamel spraypaint to do, a quick 15 minute job,but hey, its not everyones pet-peeve

i would go check out your local shop, and ask to test fire any gun in ur sights, even if it doesnt jump off the wall, after all, you really shouldnt listen to us, let your hands do the talking :D

Smartparts is also 2 months behind on warranty work for the ION ALONE..nto including there other markers.But for the price it is a good deal but im still not to sure about them

As far as the devil mag goes..its super fast has eyes and its a mag...it has a predater board in it which has tons of setting for just goofing around or tourney settings...itll shoot as fast as you can you dotn need to worry about that yea i dont know what else you dont understand about it...is it the ordering options..they are a little confusing at first.
Also the D-mag is a 90* frame.

Then there is the E-mag and x-mag there gonna be heavier then the d-mag casue the batteries,and wotn shoot as fast but still shoot fast enoguh....yea umm yea

JimmyBeam
05-25-2005, 10:15 AM
i got my Ion the first week they were out and I havent had a single regret or problem. you should keep it in mind when you finally make your decision.

JRingold
05-25-2005, 07:01 PM
I dont have a local shop, the nearest "local" shop from me is an hour away (Pekin has a "pro" shop, but I dont trust them... when i played there they didnt bother to chrono any markers instead they said that when we got on the field they'd listen)... However, I have fired my friends e-mag (back when they first came out) and it was a pleasant experience. If I were to get an E-mag, I could have eyes put in correct? From what I hear, the lvl 10 already "puts each paintball in the chamber as if by magical elves" what else would eyes do?

I went with an X-Mag, X-Mags aren't made anymore, so they are a limited run. The X-Mag has ACE, however it's a single eye, rather than breakbeam. I'm looking at buying another one. Honestly, I have never turned on the ACE, mostly because I don't shoot fast enough where a full cycle of the Level 10 matters to me. Heh, yeah, Magical Elves...

jenarelJAM
05-25-2005, 08:05 PM
well, to add eyes to an emag, you would have to get it extensively milled, and then buy someone's xmag ACE board off of them(ii dont know if agd sells them) much easier to jsut stick with lvl 10 or get a complete xmag