PDA

View Full Version : quick question once again lol (sorry im a noob)

Asian_Sensation
05-25-2005, 11:11 PM
k what do you know about Angel LEDS?!?! are they good? reliable? should i get one if i had the chance? and do these ups effect your answer?!?!?
2 infinity barrels
dye turbo trigger
dye trigger guard
dye stickys
shocktech drop and on/off asa
zippy chips multi mode board new installed
stock board
charger
brand new battery
brand new wiring harness
air america black ice regulator
dye volumizer

please lmk if this is a good marker?!!? i need ot know by tongiht thanx!

hAppy
05-25-2005, 11:20 PM
Angels are good guns, but the LED is so outdated, it should only be worth like $200 regardless of what ups comes with it. For $300 you can get an LCD Angel guaranteed. Look around on Pbnation

SpecialBlend2786
05-25-2005, 11:50 PM
I suggest picking up a used iR3. you can get them in good condition for under $400 if you look around carefully. Incredible guns for the price. LCD's are wonderful guns as well, and there are many different styles to choose from. IMO you cant go wrong with an angel ;)

onedude36
05-26-2005, 12:20 AM
From wat ive heard some angels have problems with roll back( the bolt is too far back and lets paintballs move rearwards in to the breach this can result in chopage) i would sugest a new bolt from docs machine for an angel.

SpecialBlend2786
05-26-2005, 12:58 AM
From wat ive heard some angels have problems with roll back( the bolt is too far back and lets paintballs move rearwards in to the breach this can result in chopage) i would sugest a new bolt from docs machine for an angel.

Docs bolt works amazingly well, but its not just a drop in upgrade. you need to send your marker to Doc to install it.

The Angel Softface bolt should be fine. That or the Cobra V2.0 bolt.

magman007
05-26-2005, 01:18 AM
Angels are good guns, but the LED is so outdated, it should only be worth like $200 regardless of what ups comes with it. For $300 you can get an LCD Angel guaranteed. Look around on Pbnation

thats the thing, led's arent really all that out dated. sure they are a little bigger, and a little heavier, bnut not outdated by any means. i dont even shoot one and i think the fact that people call them out dated is a short sight in their intellingence. they are still just as great as they were back then, and still shoot as fast as you can pull em. there really isnt an advantage from a new g7 to an led, other than newer parts. still shoots the same.

fire1811
05-26-2005, 03:43 AM
I had a dark LED and wish I would have never sold it. Angel LED's are great guns. no useless crap on them. you turn it on to shoot, turn it off when done.
I have owned a dark LED, 2 angel speeds(sensi is a joke), 2 lcds(both were horrible) and can honestly say the LED was by far the best one IMO. Just a rock solid gun.

as for the led being outdated if by that you mean no ramping/cheat modes then your right, otherwise its still a great gun.

Automaggot68
05-26-2005, 10:04 PM
I'm surprised that no one has said the Dye Trigger. And Unless I'm thinking of a different one, those turbo's are damned hard to find. Pick that sucker up!

Azaam, you are such a pathetic Angel Fanboy.

hobbesTZ
05-26-2005, 10:20 PM
thats the thing, led's arent really all that out dated. sure they are a little bigger, and a little heavier, bnut not outdated by any means. i dont even shoot one and i think the fact that people call them out dated is a short sight in their intellingence. they are still just as great as they were back then, and still shoot as fast as you can pull em. there really isnt an advantage from a new g7 to an led, other than newer parts. still shoots the same.

I've owned both an LED and an A4, and the A4 is clearly better. My LED was definately not smooth, and the A4 atleast has some sort of anti-chop system that's not as bad as people make it out to be. Also, the selenoid on the LED is might expensive, you'd be better off finding another LED. The air from the flash tank is run through the grip frame, which is a pain in the butt and the wiring on the LED is really thin and stuffed together. It's definately oudated, there are several newer models. I'm not saying it sucks, but it's not up to par with the newer stuff either.

SpecialBlend2786
05-26-2005, 11:11 PM
Azaam, you are such a pathetic Angel Fanboy.

says the pathetic m98 fanboy :D

Jonno06
05-27-2005, 10:30 AM
get the led. those things are like tanks.

GT
05-27-2005, 12:03 PM
I've owned both an LED and an A4, and the A4 is clearly better. My LED was definately not smooth, and the A4 atleast has some sort of anti-chop system that's not as bad as people make it out to be. Also, the selenoid on the LED is might expensive, you'd be better off finding another LED. The air from the flash tank is run through the grip frame, which is a pain in the butt and the wiring on the LED is really thin and stuffed together. It's definately oudated, there are several newer models. I'm not saying it sucks, but it's not up to par with the newer stuff either.

my understanding is that the led, lcd, and IR3 all use the same selnoid. My only concern with the LED is the battery. The LED and the 2k0 LCD all use the same battery which was changed in the 2k1+ models. The older battery along with the charger might be diffucult to find, although if the battery ever goes out you can convert to predator....

Note:
I have owned a few angels and it was one of the few guns that I never had to open up. Never had a wiring harness problem.

Aside from the adjustible trigger frames, there isnt much different bewteen all of the angel generations. Look at the efficiency numbers since the first V6 angel and they are nearly identical to the led, lcd, IR3, speed and g7.

gt

hobbesTZ
05-27-2005, 12:15 PM
The LED solenoid is a hand made part. The IR3 solenoid is slightly smaller than the LCD. The LEDs use a differant battery/charger from the LCD/IR3.

Wc Keep
05-27-2005, 11:10 PM
wdp has a charger out called the intelli charger. it can charge any angel battery. www.impactpaintball.com has all the batteries necessary for angels in stock so things are not as difficult to find as you guys are stating.

with rollback any good angel tech can adjust the ram to prevent this. also a softface bolt will also stop this from happening.

led uses a way different solenoid then the lcd/ir3.

i use an lcd and it shoots just straight female breast..