PDA

View Full Version : What's your most respected electro?

r-unit
05-26-2005, 11:07 AM
Well, if the question isn't clear...what electro do you not mind, or wouldnt mind shooting, ect.

for example: i dont think u guys respect/like the ion very much. however, there seems to be a little more respect for the fs because its similar to mags.

Jackel411
05-26-2005, 11:41 AM
OTher.. meaning.. I hate shooting electros. I own two Timmys at the moment but its just meh.... I love messing with local people when they ask " Wow you have two timmys?? " and I say yes..and they then ask the normal "which one do you like better?" And I normally just say.. niether... There head practically explodes..

I use my electros simply because if I didn't these damn kids with ion's, DM what evers, Nerved shockers, and other nastly little rampers will no matter what skill you have take your head off so Ive decided to add to the vicious cirlce buy building a ramper timmy just to bash them back.

Dayspring
05-26-2005, 11:44 AM
One that works... :shooting:

Teamslayer76
05-26-2005, 12:02 PM
Vikings or my Nerve. I love both! :shooting:

cdacda13
05-26-2005, 12:10 PM
05 speed or viking

Paintchucker
05-26-2005, 01:15 PM
For $300 and an entry level tourny gun, it is what it is... But it gets no respect...

And am I missing something or did you leave the AGD markers out of the poll, of course, there would tend to be a bias on those here at Automags.org

:dance:

JimmyBeam
05-26-2005, 01:20 PM
since i own an Ion I voted for that one, but if I had my choice, I;d def have to say Viking

Mr. Mouse
05-26-2005, 01:30 PM
my shocker sft of course... i love it to death besides my mags

trains are bad
05-26-2005, 01:32 PM
The AKAs stand out, easily.

stop whining buy a mag
05-26-2005, 01:34 PM
There's only a few that I don't like that much. I'm not a fan of Angels or ICD guns. I've seen how reliable AKA guns are and I love my shocker.

mixwell2
05-26-2005, 01:36 PM
although the AKA guns are really good I voted for the 2k2 timmy's because they are the fastest of all the timm'y and with the right board and trigger are the fastest markers out.IMO...and i have shot most of that list

ojhspyro89
05-26-2005, 01:52 PM
I like icd guns. They are reliable other than the wiring harness.... :mad:

Also icd guns are fast. If you put in a new board they are really fast. I feel as though they are looked down upon sometimes. I mean the all new extreemly overpriced spool valve guns are good and all but they are guns. All these gidgets and tight milling means nothing out on the field accept your gun looks cool. Im really not into looks, i mean who cares off the field it might be good but on the field i could care less. The B2k series are good guns, i like them alot ive been shooting one for a while now. They are really fast for being so cheap.

MonsterMag
05-26-2005, 02:02 PM
Emag :hail:

johnson88
05-26-2005, 02:03 PM
Cyborgs!!!

Torbo
05-26-2005, 02:30 PM
i shoot an imtimidator......everyone else shoots a shocker or a proto matrix. Theres always nice guns, but i do not respect any gun. Every gun, generally speaking does the same thing, they all shoot the same 15 bps, all relativly accuratly, all that stuff. The idea of respecting a gun is rediculous, because they all shoot about the same. Besides, any good player will still be good with a crappy gun.

rkjunior303
05-26-2005, 02:53 PM
Viking's are runnin away with it. GO VIKES!

frischtr
05-26-2005, 03:02 PM
Besides my E-mag, E-cockers are my favorite... Gotta love the 'old-school-with-a-twist' type of markers...

68magOwner
05-26-2005, 03:14 PM
my viking, it shoots as nice as anything out there, has better efficency and consistency than anything i have owned, FAST, super reliable, nearly no matinance, so on and such forth

eMpTy68
05-26-2005, 03:17 PM
I voted other, The Tribal Famally of markers where not included, I own two Tribals, one is BBT 2.0 blue to Black sponge the other is a Mephisto 2.2 all Black. Both have given reliable uses since owning them. :hail: oh! by the way so has my Mag Classic. :hail: :hail:

viper_ssc
05-26-2005, 03:22 PM
i voted other, I just got a new alien interceptor today, awesome gun, faster and lighter than freestyle, its a great gun.

AGD202
05-26-2005, 03:37 PM
I shoot an E-Mag... u *** hole. ur at the site of the E/X Mags and u dont even put those in the poll

WenULiVeUdiE
05-26-2005, 03:44 PM
Excalibur. Enough said.

MadPSIence
05-26-2005, 03:48 PM
^ hey lil' guy, calm down.

anyways, my most respectec electro comes under OTHER. As in the System X NME. Nothing like a well built Timmy with a short bolt stroke, kick *** milling and balance.

rkjunior303
05-26-2005, 03:54 PM
I shoot an E-Mag... u *** hole. ur at the site of the E/X Mags and u dont even put those in the poll

Umm.. Did you even read the poll?

View Poll Results: what electro do you "respect" the most, besides devil/x/e mags

CrimsonGhost
05-26-2005, 03:54 PM
Been said already but

CYBORG!!!!! :ninja:

:cheers:

Maggot6
05-26-2005, 04:08 PM
AKA in general, so viking.

GT
05-26-2005, 04:31 PM
bling'ed out AKA's and bling'ed out Emags, xmags suck

can'tthink of1
05-26-2005, 04:31 PM
Since I don't respect mags above Tribals, well, I won't vote. Some of us AO'ers aren't crazy about mags ya know :wow:

Various Pumps are good too.

MadPSIence
05-26-2005, 04:48 PM
bling'ed out AKA's and bling'ed out Emags, xmags suck

Did You Know?

White kids talking about "bling'd" out things are lame?

http://img201.echo.cx/img201/5610/tmyk8wj.gif

NJPaint
05-26-2005, 05:07 PM
When I got to a field, I notice that several markers get a certain level of respect.

AKA, Vikings ALWAYS stand out. I dunno what it is, but they always peak my interest and are usually the talking point of groups that I've been with.

AGD, ULE and E-mags. Heh, "is that a shocker", "nice foregrip on that shocker", "wow thats a fast shocker". Usually replied with, "No, it is not a shocker", "It is nice isn't it?", and "Its a manual mag, thanks for noticing the speed though". ALWAYS gets people's attention, especically when I break down the ULE-X I have. Everyone goes "holy crap thats simple". I've also had people feel how solid the damn thing is, I think the best way to put it is, my mom drove over my first 68 mag and it is STILL working in perfect condition.

Turtle cockers. I dunno what it is, but I really fell in love with these guns. I think that its the fact that they are simply so damn small and so neat looking. They are real attention grabbers and they are simply put, different. I guess thats the thing with AKA, AGD and Turtle cockers. They are just plain different from the hords of fast electros out there.

GT
05-26-2005, 05:37 PM
Did You Know?

White kids talking about "bling'd" out things are lame?

Who said I was white? Tell me, why is it acceptible for non-whites to speak incorrect english?

SlartyBartFast
05-26-2005, 05:59 PM
Other >> None.

I don't respect inanimate objects. I respect people.

People earn respect.

But otherwise, I don't like the feeling of electro markers and don't see the joy or need of shooting faster than I pull or having modes available.

JoshK
05-26-2005, 06:03 PM
other: I don't respect any inanimate objects.

REDRT
05-26-2005, 06:18 PM
What is a Viking? Is it just another double stacked super spyder? I myself wouldn't mind having a shocker. Since the mags from time to time get mistaken for one anyway for once it would be nice to say," why yes it is a shocker".

Jotsy
05-26-2005, 06:24 PM
i think the question is supposed to be "which elctro earns the owner the most respect?"

i voted the Viking.

- its rare (well more rare than timmies an shockers) so the owner has an eye for class
- it performs superbly, so the owner knows what he wants and (most probably) didn't base his purchase based on looks (unless its one of those bling'd featherlite ones)

JoshK
05-26-2005, 06:34 PM
i think the question is supposed to be "which elctro earns the owner the most respect?"

i voted the Viking.

- its rare (well more rare than timmies an shockers) so the owner has an eye for class
- it performs superbly, so the owner knows what he wants and (most probably) didn't base his purchase based on looks (unless its one of those bling'd featherlite ones)
- its a ***** to maintain (from what i've heard) so the owner must either know what he's doing or treats his markers with great care, or both.

Markers don't earn people respect. The way they play does.

REDRT
05-26-2005, 06:36 PM
i think the question is supposed to be "which elctro earns the owner the most respect?

If that is the case I'd say, "non of the above". Respect is earned not bought.

SummaryJudgement
05-26-2005, 06:45 PM
Well, what about the Impulse? And yes...I am aware it's a smart parts product. But as far as respect I put it up there in the cocker category (which is good IMO) for several reasons. While angels, timmys, and shockers have been on the market for a while (especially angels), I find that for the low price you can start out at, you can take it in many directions and gradually over time. I think my inpulse is as good as they come (as far as impulses go), but if I wanted to start out cheaper and get to the same level, I could do that with an impulse and not necessarily other guns.

Every new generation of angel, timmy, shocker, etc starts out in the 1200 dollar price range. You could get a stock impulse real cheap comparatively and add to it over time. There is a wide variety of custom after market bodies, rams, valves, vision upgrades, gripframes, triggers, lprs, electronics, bolts, eye covers, etc that will allow you to go in any direction and at any level of cost that you want....just like a good autococker. You can argue that these other more "high-end guns" (in other words, expensive) already have all these upgrades. That is true, but then why is ther still a large market for after market parts for these guns? You can then argue that, well, people still want to add to/change/upgrade their markers. Okay, but then how about starting cheaper and then doing that anyway? And I don't like the idea of having to spend x amount of dollars on the next big thing just because it costs that much (yes, I know no one is making anyone buy anything).

I learned how the impulse worked pretty quickly. I like the design and ease of maintenance. I like the performance it is capable of. And I like the number of variations that you can have in body design and after market upgrades....just like a cocker.

Regardless of how you feel about smart parts in any way, I really respect the the impulse because of what it is capable and not because it has to cost alot.

I guess after seeing everything I've written the only reason I didn't vote for an electro cocker is because I do not own one and have never shot one.....hmmmmm

Oh yeah, here's a pic of my impulse:

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=168744

Jotsy
05-26-2005, 07:12 PM
Markers don't earn people respect. The way they play does.

i think respect isn't just about the way people play.

i could never respect someone who plays really well, but doesn't even know how to maintain their own marker or argues that "closed bolts are more accurate".

If that is the case I'd say, "non of the above". Respect is earned not bought.

yes exactly, but you still have to buy a marker to play. My point is that the choice you make can earn you some respect.

for example:
shockers are fast and light, but buying it may mean supporting the SP nazi machine.. therefore: - respect points

angel LCDs are old, but they still shoot fine... recognizing this value for money: + respect points

Note that these examples are not my own opinions. i am just trying to use commonly found opinions of other ppl as examples

SpecialBlend2786
05-26-2005, 07:15 PM
Angel iR3, in all of its forms, custom and stock.

WARPED1
05-26-2005, 07:46 PM
Viking and Excalibur, while great markers, shouldn't even be on the list because they are no longer made.

SpecialBlend2786
05-26-2005, 08:09 PM
Viking and Excalibur, while great markers, shouldn't even be on the list because they are no longer made.

so?

neither are dm4's or 2k2 timmy's.

That isn't the point, and it doesn't really matter.

WARPED1
05-26-2005, 08:28 PM
True enough :)
Thet stopped making DM4's? I had no idea. I guess its like the 2004 model?

r-unit
05-26-2005, 09:45 PM
guys, i know that respect might not be the right word, but please try to figure out what i mean.

for me, its the ego. they have the best customer support ive ever seen, they stand behind their product, when an update comes out its free (besides shipping), and it is a good, quality product.

electriceel125
05-27-2005, 03:24 PM
Viking or excalibur. Viking because i shoot one and love it. Its so simple to mainttain and it is beyond reliable. Viva la aka :clap:

WARPED1
05-27-2005, 03:26 PM
Viva la aka :clap:
AKA IS DEAD! :( LONG LIVE AKA! :clap: (but I voted for Proto, sorry..........)

rkjunior303
05-27-2005, 04:10 PM
- its a ***** to maintain (from what i've heard) so the owner must either know what he's doing or treats his markers with great care, or both.

what? they're easy to maintain.. couple drops of aka lube every couple cases and im good to go.. no more no less.

Jotsy
05-27-2005, 04:38 PM
when i say maintain, i mean fully maintain. as in completely strip it down, de-grease and re-grease. i know you don't have to, but i like to do it every once in a while to make sure everything is fine. i heard you need a $50 kit to completely strip a viking... or did i hear that wrong??

rkjunior303
05-27-2005, 04:39 PM
when i say maintain, i mean fully maintain. as in completely strip it down, de-grease and re-grease. i know you don't have to, but i like to do it every once in a while to make sure everything is fine. i heard you need a $50 kit to completely strip a viking... or did i hear that wrong??

In order to change the LPR pressure, you need the gauge kit. Aside from that, its all cartridge based.. ONly thing that can generally go wrong are o-rings. They sell a toolkit to get the back caps off, separate the ram, and read the pressure.

B.A.M.
05-27-2005, 04:43 PM
In order to change the LPR pressure, you need the gauge kit. Aside from that, its all cartridge based.. ONly thing that can generally go wrong are o-rings. They sell a toolkit to get the back caps off, separate the ram, and read the pressure.
Ya its the same w/ the 05 speed.

tony3
05-27-2005, 05:17 PM
2k2 timmy without a doubt

Most underrated gun out there. They are selling for 500-550ish used loaded on pbn. They are super reliable and require very little work. They are light, and fast as hell.

Jotsy
05-27-2005, 06:04 PM

ok well if thats the case then i'll retract what i said abt the maintennance.

TDonovan
05-27-2005, 08:04 PM
I like most guns for different reasons.

I own a timmy right now that works well, but I'd like to try some 05 speeds/G7, 05 shockers, proto, and of course the EGO.

For the price though, used timmys are a bargain. Mine seems to be reliable and is very easy to troubleshoot, and it's not like it's going to be any slower than what's out now.