PDA

View Full Version : Black Dragun

Bartleby
11-26-2001, 10:45 PM
I don't know if you guys have heard about this gun or anything, but i was looking at it and a friend was thinking about trading his shutter for one. It's the only electro marker with a suggested retail price under $200. I, thinking it was too good to be true, went to a few review sites looking for dirt about the new gun. I realize that at PbReview.com it has an average review of 8.5. I thought that was insane. Then i read the reviews and realized that the only guy in there with half a brain is the one that gave the gun a 5 and supported his claim very well. I was wondering if you guys think this gun is a P.O.S., or if it might be worth the money or at least the time commited to researching it. Let me know what you guys think or have heard. Thanks a lot.

nutz
11-26-2001, 11:15 PM
honestly a 200 dollar electro.. i think u get what u pay for bartlby

DarkPhoenix
11-27-2001, 03:38 AM
Seen it. Tried it. Basically a good Spyder with an electronic grip frame. Though, the first time I handled one at the store, the regulator came off the grip frame when the bottle was forcefully tightened. The two screws which held the regulator/ASA were sheared straight through.

magman007
11-27-2001, 11:44 AM
There is also the new PI elecro, and it is under 200.I think it is the same deal, but the dragun looks better, and it also looks more reliable than the Pi

hitech
11-27-2001, 01:05 PM
from pbreview.com:

Conclusion: this is a $200 trigger with some plastic attached. this gun breaks alot, i used mine 1 day then sent it back DO NOT GET THIS GUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Rating: 2 / 10

Bartleby
11-27-2001, 03:00 PM
that one review must have been from the today, it wasn't there yesturday. But i was truly waiting for someone to come to their senses and give an honest to god review.

~ F L ! P ~
12-01-2001, 12:12 AM
OK, shot one of these at CalJam. I didn't dield test it or see it disassembled, so I don't know about internals, how it works, reliability, or any of that. But I will say that aside from a Cobra Angel, it was the nicest trigger I fired at the tourney. No exagerrations. Better than a stock LCD, better than an Excal, better than a Viking, and even better than a *sniff* E-mag. I know triggers are hard to compare and most are adjustable enough to be very comparable anyway, but it also says something for the gun... My impression was a good one. I'd buy it before I'd buy a Bruizer or a nicer Spyder, and it's aroundthe same price.

~FL!P~

Clippy
12-01-2001, 07:45 PM
well i've personaly used the Dragun on several occations at a shop.. i just go there cause my friend works there and lets me blow off a few hunder rounds out of most of the guns to play around... now, i've used the Dragun and was VERY impressed.. i personaly have a thing aginst Spyders.. very nasty gun, but as much as the dragun resembles a spyder in build i very much like it...

i wouldn't trade in my mag for it, but its a nice gun for the price.. it has a very nice trigger thats easy to rattle off a quick burst and you can hold it just right the kick in the gun will help you bounce on it and have basicly full auto..

one big problem i had with it was i outshot the valve a few times and had to re-cock it, i also chopped paint in it (it was a 9v revvy though) and a pice of shell got stuck in-between the bolt and the breech so the bolt was all crammed.. hehe... so you end up having to take it apart.. (which i've done because of the mess i made)and it was easy to clean out and everything..

overall, i would get it before a spyder or most tippmanns... but if you realy want a nice gun go with a mag or shocker...

=)
just my opinion..