PDA

View Full Version : "Back To The Woods" Movement... Pump/Stock/Scenario

PsychoBaller
05-27-2005, 05:13 PM
Aighty... with all the Tourny BS and Political crap going on, i'm initializing a "Back to the Woods" movement, a rememberance of a time when Paintball was still entirely fun and unstressful, virginal in fact, hah!

In any case, I need assistance on which direction I should go with my next Gun Project. I've done the fast paced, high bps firing Tourny scene, but now I'm heading back to the Woods for some Scenarios.

I'm thinking Punisher or Palmer or even the Doc perhaps may be able to help me out. I'm leaning towards making either (1) a Fully Custom Sniperish looking gun... or (2) a Shotgun/Rifle Style Lever Actuated Gun. No matter what I choose to build, it will be Spring Fed (ball tube) - Stock Class, along with a 12g Quik Change Adapter.

The main issue is what kind of base gun should I use... and Pump or Semi. I'm leaning more towards Pump for the Shotty/Rifle, but more towards Semi for the Sniperish idea. Guns I'm looking at for the base are Palmer stuff or a Phantom or a Sterling.

Ideas? Also, WELTMAN, i def. am gonna need yo assistance for my lever actuated complex, heh.

-da "back to da woods" Baller

68magOwner
05-27-2005, 05:15 PM
uhh, if it helps at all, i played with a pump at the field last weekend? (45rnd and constant air though), only played in the woods with it once though, was fun blasting teammates with a pump while they are still toting their snazzy markers

Spec.Ops1
05-27-2005, 05:55 PM
You know I am down for the movement :D ;)

shartley
05-27-2005, 06:00 PM
Movement? Some of us never left. ;)

But yes, I have seen more and more speedball players return to the more traditional formats. Welcome home……

can'tthink of1
05-27-2005, 06:06 PM
What about the people that enjoy both? I mean, I started in the woods, and even though I prefer speedball, I'm not giving it up. Both are fun, and I respect both.

Also, it seems that pump has had a little upsurge of late, but not for going to the woods, but for speedball.

raptorx
05-27-2005, 06:45 PM
I'm thinking Punisher or Palmer or even the Doc perhaps may be able to help me out. I'm leaning towards making either (1) a Fully Custom Sniperish looking gun... or (2) a Shotgun/Rifle Style Lever Actuated Gun. No matter what I choose to build, it will be Spring Fed (ball tube) - Stock Class, along with a 12g Quik Change Adapter.

Just remember you'll be waiting awhile to have a gun built if you use any of those manufacturer.

Jaan
05-27-2005, 11:46 PM
Funny, I was just talking about making a lever action "pump" paintball gun today at my local paintball store. I have quite a few firearms, and by far my favorite is my Winchester '94. I shot my first deer with that rifle. Light, agile, fast and acurate. I would pay good money for a paintball version of that gun. Imagine how cool it would be to have an external hammer too. If you've never shot a model 1894, check one out if you can. Well, andyway, that's my vote. I'm not sure what gun I would base it on though, maybe just make it nelson based so the works could be all in one tube, and the magazine below it. You could then go ahead and put in a screw through the lever so it hits the trigger and fires it like in the beginning of "The Rifleman" (c:

PsychoBaller
05-28-2005, 12:07 AM
Weltman has quite a few Lever Actuated PB Guns...

Guns I have been thinking of and researching for my project;

-Palmerized Sheridan KP2-SC
-" " " KP3

-Punisher's "Rifleman" and "Crowdbuster"

-Palmer Hurricane and Typhoon

-Weltman's myriad assortment of Lever Actuated Stuff... most cool

frontrunner
05-28-2005, 03:46 AM
I did the same sorta thing about a year ago i haven't hit much airball since, there is a local woods goup and we play for fun no fights no hassle no field bs. I made this move after there was a fight at a local field 2 trips in a row and for me its well worth it. i have an cocker turned snipper if you go that way CCM is the place i love that pump kit but it may take a bit more work to make one stock classand i've herad they are not good on air when put on a 12gram. good luck and if your like me you enjoy the switch just give it some time to adjust to

TDonovan
05-28-2005, 10:48 AM
Just so you know, if you spring load the feed tube, it's not really stock class.

I don't want to go back to the woods, I just want to take the pump/stock class gear and transfer it into speedball.

shartley
05-28-2005, 10:58 AM
Just so you know, if you spring load the feed tube, it's not really stock class.

I don't want to go back to the woods, I just want to take the pump/stock class gear and transfer it into speedball.
To be honest, most of what I see folks running as “stock class” would not qualify as “pure stock class” anyways. That is the great thing about stock class though, they have different levels of “stock”.

Personally though, I run “limited paint”…. which can be used with any type of marker or setup. My favorite limited paint setup is my Stroker in pistol mode with remote and 10 rd spring feed. And then when I want to reload less (although it really does not change my playing style) I put on my Revvy.

Folks need to also keep in mind that going back to the woods is also about playing style and general attitude, not just what type of marker you use. :cheers:

alooney11
05-28-2005, 03:38 PM
join the movement!

dave p
05-28-2005, 07:45 PM
i would be thrilled to find some old skool pump games. or limited paint mech semi games.
we used to have a wood pallet/tire field behind my shop at work and used to do 1 on 1 and 2 on 2 20 ball pump games. lots of movement and lots of good times and it would cost nothing. you pull a lot of crazy stuff when you are down to 2 balls and you lost count of your opponent.

50 cal
05-28-2005, 10:09 PM
I try to find any scenario or big games and use my trusty Phantom.

minimag03
05-28-2005, 10:25 PM
What ever you do, get a custom flatline barrel made for it. I know somepeople don't liek them, but it would be cool.