PDA

View Full Version : A thought

AGDlover
05-27-2005, 10:32 PM
Ok looking at my old emag intell harness I was thinking "....hmmmm maby I can hook an LED up to it so it would flash when the trigger was pulled". No real function but hey it'd be kind of cool looking. Anybody see a problem with doing this? I plan on maby makeing one and trying it to see if it would work but I dont plan on useing it year around.

cdacda13
05-27-2005, 10:39 PM
it would work, as long as the wireing is done right(duhh)
The battery might not last as long as it normally would but who cares

AGDlover
05-27-2005, 10:40 PM
ya if I can make one and get it working you know I may offer it as a quick $5 do-dad

Jaan
05-27-2005, 11:12 PM
You could always canibalize LED parts from say, a bicycle light. Some of them have various flashing modes. One of mine has a Cylon Centurian / Knight Rider chase mode. I've thought about doing something similar with an A5 for night senario games. Drill a few holes in the flateline shroud and put some lights in there so when you fire it looks like a muzzle flash.

barrel break
05-28-2005, 12:03 AM
It's been done by guys with model 98's for years...

Jotsy
05-28-2005, 01:21 AM
you know, i've been thinking of doing this too. however, i thought of putting a small capacitor in there somewhere too. that way, rather than just blinking on an off with the trigger pull, the light will slowly fade away when the trigger isn't depressed... (correct me if my electronics knowledge is wrong ;) )

you could use it like a make-shift bps meter.... as long as you have a fast bps, the light would be constantly on or sumthin like that...

Target Practice
05-28-2005, 01:42 AM
A reply.

Paintchucker
05-28-2005, 01:56 AM
A reply.

You can pick up led's at Radio shack for a couple bucks... I bought some 12v ones when I bought the ones to use with my ION at 3v.

How you going to run your circuit? Oh, it just hit me, you could use the roller switch from the old intellifeed to run it !!! Instead of making the hopper spin, it would light your led, I guess you could use the smaller 3v and little batteries that would fit into the grip frame???

I don't have a mech mag anymore. :( But you should be able to McGyver it up pretty quick! When will you be back from RadioShack? LOL

AGDlover
05-28-2005, 09:14 AM
Thanks for the input guys and paintchucker this is for a Emag/Xmag not a mech mag its allready been done with one of thoughs

slade
05-28-2005, 09:38 AM
alpha already did this with his mech mag and a 9 volt. the 18 volts in your e-mag may be too much for an led, if you can regulate it then itd work fine.

AGDlover
05-28-2005, 09:42 AM
Ya that was one of my main conserns about running one

MiniSpdRcr
05-28-2005, 10:17 AM
Get a resistor and solder it into the positive side of the LED (longer wire), but make sure you get one that will handle the wattage and voltage and all that jazz. They should be able to do the equation at the radio shack. Im not even going to explain it here heh, but when I went and did the 12 volt mod on the warp, I used a 3volt white led with a 1k Ohm resistor. Works perfectly and did not diminish the light output.

I beleive it is this equation, I have been out of engineering classes for a while. (someone please correct me if I am wrong) you will have to do this equation quite a few times to get what you want.

Oh and leave the R blank and solve for it. The rest will be written on the LED box.

E=Voltage
C=Current
R=Resistor

I = E/R