PDA

View Full Version : X-Valve Question

Aslan
05-28-2005, 01:36 AM
I just bought a used 68 automag classic, got it for $70 with a barrel. The guy at the local paintball store thought that was a pretty good deal because they were selling a body by itself for $219. I don't know, I've seen them for $100-$150 so maybe I did get a decent deal, maybe not so much. :headbang:

Anyways; the gun has an ANS Phase 2 bolt in it and I believe a stock valve. I was looking at getting the Level 10 bolt upgrade because I've heard nothing but good things about it. Well, the ONLY bad thing I've heard is that it's difficult to install for new mag owners. Anyways, I was looking at the X-Valve which comes with the Level 10 upgrade already installed. My questions are:

1) Once I fire the gun with the X-Valve installed...will I have to make adjustments to the Level 10 setup like people normally do after 300-500 rounds?

2) Is there any advantage to the X-Valve besides the Level 10 already being installed?

frop
05-28-2005, 01:42 AM
1) Yes, once the spacer o-ring breaks in, it will likely start leaking, necessitating a step down in carrier size

2)Weight.

Aslan
05-28-2005, 02:14 AM
1) Yes, once the spacer o-ring breaks in, it will likely start leaking, necessitating a step down in carrier size

2)Weight.

Well, a slight reduction in weight doesn't sound like it's worth the extra $140 when you're going to have to mess with the carriers and spacers same as you would if you just bought the Level 10 by itself. :(

frop
05-28-2005, 02:45 AM
Well, the Xvalve is an aluminum RTPro, so, at least to me, it is justified. also, consult the dealers here for some very competitive prices.

Also, maybe it's just me, but AL vs SS is quite a weight diff.

BassMan257
05-28-2005, 11:13 PM
It seems to me like no one has mentioned, that the X valve can shoot 26 balls per second with constant velocity... at least I think thats right... dont kill me if im wrong

Aslan
05-30-2005, 10:28 PM
It seems to me like no one has mentioned, that the X valve can shoot 26 balls per second with constant velocity... at least I think thats right... dont kill me if im wrong

...but I think you're wrong. No paintball marker can shoot more than 19-21bps, especially a mechanical semi-auto. And I don't see how the valve would even matter...that's a rate of fire issue that has to do with trigger qualities. I suppose a slow valve would mess it up...

I was told that the X-Valve gives you no additional performance except that it's lighter. The downside is that it doesn't last as long. So if the only advantage is it's lighter...then you're talking $140 extra...for that, I'll do an extra couple curls with the dumbells and not worry about the extra weight of the stock valve and just add the Level 10 kit. :bounce:

kdrx1
05-30-2005, 10:34 PM
...but I think you're wrong. No paintball marker can shoot more than 19-21bps, especially a mechanical semi-auto. And I don't see how the valve would even matter...that's a rate of fire issue that has to do with trigger qualities. I suppose a slow valve would mess it up...

I was told that the X-Valve gives you no additional performance except that it's lighter. The downside is that it doesn't last as long. So if the only advantage is it's lighter...then you're talking $140 extra...for that, I'll do an extra couple curls with the dumbells and not worry about the extra weight of the stock valve and just add the Level 10 kit. :bounce:

The XValve can puyll 26 without shootdown and tested at 34.5 want vids go to www.zakvetter.com and check it out.

Aslan
05-30-2005, 11:04 PM
The XValve can puyll 26 without shootdown and tested at 34.5 want vids go to www.zakvetter.com and check it out.

You're telling me a stock automag classic with a viewloader revy can shoot 26bps? I thought a revy was limited to 21-31 tops no matter what kind of marker you have..so how are they getting 34.5? I couldn't watch the video because Quicktime blows. But, perhaps I stand corrected...34.5 seems to fast though...a hopper still relies on gravity to drop the ball in the chamber...and I don't think gravity is that fast to drop 34 balls down a tube in a second...nor can I imagine a guy that can pull even a light mechanical marker trigger more than 16-19 times in a second. :shooting: :shooting: :shooting:

spsantos
05-30-2005, 11:12 PM
You're telling me a stock automag classic with a viewloader revy can shoot 26bps? I thought a revy was limited to 21-31 tops no matter what kind of marker you have..so how are they getting 34.5? I couldn't watch the video because Quicktime blows. But, perhaps I stand corrected...34.5 seems to fast though...a hopper still relies on gravity to drop the ball in the chamber...and I don't think gravity is that fast to drop 34 balls down a tube in a second...nor can I imagine a guy that can pull even a light mechanical marker trigger more than 16-19 times in a second. :shooting: :shooting: :shooting:

A X-valved mag *CAN* shoot that fast, period. Don't make me post my own videos, zaks ones are enlightening enough.

Rift
05-30-2005, 11:19 PM
A stock 68 classic probably couldnt hit that high but a retro valve def dose. No viewloader revolution is gonna feed at 21-31, your gonna get 13 tops you need a force feed loader inorder to do that like a halo or q-loader. and where did you hear the x-valve dosent last as long? Because that sure as heck isnt true.

Aslan
05-30-2005, 11:37 PM
A stock 68 classic probably couldnt hit that high but a retro valve def dose. No viewloader revolution is gonna feed at 21-31, your gonna get 13 tops you need a force feed loader inorder to do that like a halo or q-loader. and where did you hear the x-valve dosent last as long? Because that sure as heck isnt true.

That's what I was trying to say. Not that it wasn't physically possible...but that it couldn't be done with standard equipment. Now if you're talking force feeding balls or some kind of gattling system, that's different.

When I get my classic mag upgraded...maybe even with the X Valve...I'm going to try and see what bps I can get. I won't make a video...but I'll be sure to post it. If I get 26-34bps...threre will also be a description of me wetting myself...again, no video. :spit_take

Rift
05-30-2005, 11:48 PM
The 30+ bps was acheaved my bouncing the gun, it was a test to see if the valve system could actually handle speeds like that. Which in fact it did.