PDA

View Full Version : Time to pump up AGD?

shartley
05-28-2005, 06:37 AM
I think that time may be perfect for AGD to come out with a production pump marker. I am not talking about selling kits, but actually making the marker in-house and selling it in pump form.

What do folks think?

Chronobreak
05-28-2005, 09:12 AM
itd be nice but...

ide say phantoms are about the main marker that a "pump mag" would be

so it(mag) would have to be a formidable apponent in my eyes to sell at all, let alone at decent numbers.

i dont really see a need but i guess its possible and possibly logical with agd moving into the rec/scenario market

and since does when does agd do anything in-house?

also i think theyrs things agd could focus on more, then again its NOT MY business :cool:

AGDlover
05-28-2005, 09:38 AM
if AGD came out with a pump production I'd buy the first one!!!! :headbang:

JimmyBeam
05-28-2005, 11:21 AM
ive already decided the only only way i would come back to the AGD family is with a pump. im totally in

CaptainNeeda
05-28-2005, 01:29 PM
:headbang: Unfortunaly, i say no. Mags are desinged to be semiauto, not like an autococker that is essentialy an autococking pump. This leads mags not to tend twards efficiency (of CO2), something that is highly valued in stock play.

That being said, if agd were to desing a marker that was a more efficient than the traditional mag, I would say sure, sign me up for one :headbang: :headbang:

Glickman
05-28-2005, 01:33 PM
maybe push the valve system out the window? :clap: ;)

AGDlover
05-28-2005, 01:36 PM
who says the componets have to be the same?

CaptainNeeda
05-28-2005, 01:45 PM
:rolleyes: Well, agd does have a long history with sticking to systems that work well and just improving on the existing design.

vonort
05-28-2005, 01:51 PM
Who said it has to be stock class? I would be slapping my HPA or 12oz on it. Sign me up for one if they ever did it. I would like to reserve ser # 13 :shooting:

RusskiX
05-28-2005, 02:19 PM
a Mag pistol...?

Umm... sydarm?

maxama10
05-28-2005, 02:35 PM
haha yeah forgot about that .... :p
but it costs way too much

Wheelman
05-28-2005, 02:44 PM
I brought this up many moons ago, seemed to be a well recieved idea, maybe Zupe is listening?
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=45383&

shartley
05-28-2005, 03:36 PM
I brought this up many moons ago, seemed to be a well recieved idea, maybe Zupe is listening?
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=45383&
I didn’t see that one… thanks.

But yes, I think it would be received well.

And to reiterate for those who bring up stock class not being the greatest for Mags…. As folks have pointed out, there is a wide range of pump markers out there, and not all are stock class.

Also, as Wheelman said, hopefully Dave is listening… or at least would give it a good consideration.

Thordic
05-28-2005, 03:58 PM
I doubt it would sell. A pump mag is inferior in many ways to a Phantom, from weight to effeciency to the built-in autotrigger. It'd be a "novelty" gun, and those aren't something that usually sells too well.

hobbesTZ
05-28-2005, 06:16 PM
I very much doubt that anyone besides some of the extreme AGD affectionados would actually buy one, and it'd probably be really expensive.

Wheelman
05-28-2005, 07:16 PM
Yet once again, It doesn't even need to be built from a mag platform. If AGD can do something completely different I'd give it a chance.

cdacda13
05-28-2005, 07:33 PM
I doubt it would sell. A pump mag is inferior in many ways to a Phantom, from weight to effeciency to the built-in autotrigger. It'd be a "novelty" gun, and those aren't something that usually sells too well.
Put it on a ULE body, ULE rail, and i bet it will be one of the lightest pumps out there.

M-a-s-sDriver
05-28-2005, 07:42 PM
Put it on a ULE body, ULE rail, and i bet it will be one of the lightest pumps out there.
Doubtful.
A Nelson pump is mostly "not there", meaning empty space sealed in thin aluminum.
I don't think AGD has the inclination toward pumpness anyway. The pumpmag, for example, is better left on the tailgate than try and compete against the great guns like Palmer's, CCM, Carter, CCI, and Sterling. It was just kind of a neat idea that does not really work well.
Leave the pumps to guys that know what they are doing.
Brent.

vonort
05-28-2005, 07:53 PM
I've seen quite a few pump mags used to great effect. And in the right hands they can easily compete with all the above mentioned pumps. They guys I know that use them are very good with them. Its like any other marker. Its what the user is comfortable with.

Jakedubbleya
05-28-2005, 08:06 PM
would need an internal overhaul. way to inefficient. but the way paintball is leaning back towards stock class... AGD might want to at least throw a few ideas on the board.

HarrysSon
05-28-2005, 08:11 PM
that would really be awesome! just have it like JUST as good as the other electro-markers out there, that would be the best pump ever if anyone put that much thought into it :rolleyes:

Maggot6
05-28-2005, 09:20 PM
Lets say AGD decided to use an A.I.R. based valve for this pump mag that will never come out, What would you expect from it? Such as a ULE'd body + 10 round holder tube(excuse my lack of pump information) with a built in rail, and a more comforatable grip than the standard automag..And different options of pump grips..Bah, I could go on forever.

M-a-s-sDriver
05-28-2005, 09:29 PM
I've seen quite a few pump mags used to great effect. And in the right hands they can easily compete with all the above mentioned pumps. They guys I know that use them are very good with them. Its like any other marker. Its what the user is comfortable with.
I've seen Spyder Tl's used to great effect, that does not mean they are in the same league as Xmags and such. Pumpmag is a solid and well made gun, just not well thought out or applicable for pump use.
Brent.

stop whining buy a mag
05-28-2005, 10:09 PM
If AGD made a quality pump for under $200'ish, it may be somewhat popular. When people are looking at buying a pump, what would be the first concern? For me it would be durability. Who cares if your pump is ugly or slow (even though that is the point of them). AGD is known for quality. A well made pump that is very durable may do pretty good.

REDRT
05-29-2005, 07:31 AM
I wouldn't mind an AGD pump mag. If I could get it for a reasonable price. I feel AGD tends to over price themselves on things of that nature.

Automaggot68
05-29-2005, 08:46 AM
Doubtful.
A Nelson pump is mostly "not there", meaning empty space sealed in thin aluminum.
I don't think AGD has the inclination toward pumpness anyway. The pumpmag, for example, is better left on the tailgate than try and compete against the great guns like Palmer's, CCM, Carter, CCI, and Sterling. It was just kind of a neat idea that does not really work well.
Leave the pumps to guys that know what they are doing.
Brent.

My post would have gone something like yours.

Ten points for you.

WARPED1
05-29-2005, 05:13 PM
It's not time to "pump up AGD", it's time to let it die peacefully.

onedude36
05-30-2005, 12:24 PM
I say make a pump, but make sure you call it a generation 2 or something. Make a few small subtle changes and you've got a new gun.

BTW: how is the pump stroke on a pump mag? I was told it is smoothe and somewhat light.

Jeffy-CanCon
05-30-2005, 01:19 PM
My friend Bob (RKL) has a pump-Mag. You can work it with a tap of your finger. Pretty comparable to a pneumatic-assist Sniper.

I think AGD could do something along this line, but the question is how big is the market? It's probably not worthwhile from a financial perspective.

Jack & Coke
05-30-2005, 02:07 PM
who says the componets have to be the same?

Just curious, when you say "componets", which parts are you refering to?

Wheelman
05-30-2005, 10:12 PM
I think he may be refering to the AIR valve, Nobody says AGD has to use the Automag platform in every gun they produce, let Zupe think up something a little different and blow our socks off. While we are on the subject how about a completly new six-pack to go with it?

fuzzy_cheesecake
05-30-2005, 10:24 PM
If AGD did make a pump who says it has to be based on the 'mag. just make a nelson clone, or betting yet make an aluminum bodied sheridan pump with a brass lined non-removable barrel.

Evil1
05-31-2005, 01:42 AM
I know this may be a little off subject, but what is the problem with a real pumpmag? I've never seen or fired an actual mag that had a pump kit. I have heard a lot of people say not so good things about pumpmags in the past. I'm not really sure how a pump mag works. I've always been interested in learning how a pumpmag actully works and I'm currently looking to buy a pump kit for my mag just to see how it works.

Thordic
05-31-2005, 08:08 AM

The valve alone would prolly weigh more than a Phantom. If you've ever held a Phantom you'd realize that no mag could ever come CLOSE to that level of lightness no matter how many ULE parts you use.

Jack & Coke
05-31-2005, 01:11 PM
I know this may be a little off subject, but what is the problem with a real pumpmag? I've never seen or fired an actual mag that had a pump kit. I have heard a lot of people say not so good things about pumpmags in the past. I'm not really sure how a pump mag works. I've always been interested in learning how a pumpmag actully works and I'm currently looking to buy a pump kit for my mag just to see how it works.

It works like a normal mag that is malfunctioning. A wavespring is used instead of a rubber bumper. This prevents the bolt from returning fully into the locked position. Think of it as simulated bolt stick. The pump arm is use to push the bolt all the way back so it resets.

Unlike all other pumps out there, this one fires from the open breech when you actually pull the trigger (Not that it makes any difference in the flight of the ball).

Muzikman
05-31-2005, 01:40 PM
I think it would be cool to see a Sheridan or Nelson based pump built off the current AGD parts (body and grip frames). I don't think it would be all that hard to make a new valve that is nelson based.

onedude36
06-01-2005, 12:16 AM
Kinda off topic, but how many shots does a viking get off of a 12g? Shooting slowly, de-volumized preferably. I want to put a pump arm on a viking with a micro switch and flash the board with a pump mode(the switch behind the pump has to be pressed before it will fire) and semi. Any comments?

MadPSIence
06-01-2005, 12:41 AM
AGD needs to build an efficient valve, and then make an electronic grip frame that holds a battery so there's no need for a huge ugly battery block on the marker. Then they'd be set.

Oh.. not to mention a better way to set up hoses even if that means a gas through rail / body or something you can run a hose through and then to the valve.

Wheelman
06-01-2005, 06:59 AM
AGD needs to build an efficient valve, and then make an electronic grip frame that holds a battery so there's no need for a huge ugly battery block on the marker. Then they'd be set.

Oh.. not to mention a better way to set up hoses even if that means a gas through rail / body or something you can run a hose through and then to the valve.

And that has what exactly to do with the topic, I mean the others were a little off but stayed on the same premise you skewed off into a completely unrelated thread. As far as you comment goes though, take it anyway you want but try wishing in one hand and **** in the other, see what piles up faster. Yes I do understand that we are in the same boat on that one just different ends, I just get really tired of hereing the same old Mags a inefficient speal everywhere I look, that's all.