PDA

View Full Version : a good frame?

Taylock
05-29-2005, 03:05 AM
hey, thought id ask what a good frame for a e-mag would be? and where can i buy one? thanks

usmc8892
05-29-2005, 03:20 AM
there is only one type of emag frame at this time that i am aware of, unless you are referring to the hyperframe and/or the devilmag frame?

SpecialBlend2786
05-29-2005, 03:41 AM
well, technically there are two frames, the regular ones and the ULE ones. You should be able to find both of them for sale in the classifieds somewhere.

I like the regular ones better, they seem to fit my hands more comfortably. The ULE ones dont have a hump in the back and are lighter.

Taylock
05-29-2005, 10:41 AM
can the e frames be bought as a complete unit or will i have to buy the board, solnoide, micro switch ect.... ?

SpecialBlend2786
05-29-2005, 02:12 PM
you can usually find the emag lowers complete, which come with the battery, battery housing, yellow pin, frame w/ electronics (HES, Board, Solenoid). Make sure it comes with an emag sear, or you will have to buy one seperatly (can find em in the AGD store). Emags use a Hall Effect Sensor (HES), so there is no need for a microswitch.

That would get you an official emag.

However, there are ways of getting an electronic mag other then using emag lowers. People have modded spyder electronic frames to fit mags, do a search for spydermags and you should find some info on how to do that. There is also the Centerflag Hyperframe, and you could make an eframe from scratch if you have the electronic knowhow.