PDA

View Full Version : the PM5 dropping in price?

JimmyBeam
05-29-2005, 12:06 PM
hmm whats the deal? last week i was seeing them for ~900ish. and now they are down to 799 with rumors of them dropping to 750ish in a week or so. diferent marketing plan? new model coming out? has anyone heard anything? im not complaining, at 750 new, a used one should be a little less putting it right into my price range.

http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/BrowseCatalog-Start;sid=tftRd1s36jFR3RmuQ8-R31H-vdaUvvSYxI4=?CategoryName=paintball-paintball-guns-proto-paintball-guns

Southparkrocks
05-29-2005, 01:03 PM
Dye not enforcing their MAP, I think are gonna now, so its going up buy it while you can.

Fathom
05-29-2005, 01:29 PM
its "Dm5" not "Pm5" and what your looking at is a division of dye that sells the proto a marker that uses the same technology but at a cheaper price. The proto i hear is pretty good and at that price i don't see the need for a dm4 or a dm5 besides the hype.

cdacda13
05-29-2005, 01:35 PM
the DMC out already. So Dye (and Proto) are trying to get rid of all the other guns.

Southparkrocks
05-29-2005, 01:43 PM
its "Dm5" not "Pm5" and what your looking at is a division of dye that sells the proto a marker that uses the same technology but at a cheaper price. The proto i hear is pretty good and at that price i don't see the need for a dm4 or a dm5 besides the hype.

Originally posted by MadJack
My reliable source told me that Friday the 27th Dye will start enforcing the minimum advertised price of $799.00

And stop spreading the $550 crap unless its some kind of special deal directly from Dye. Thats way less than a dealer even buys them for.

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1012192&perpage=21&highlight=%2Bresale&pagenumber=5

And you can call it a pm5, proto matrix 5

JimmyBeam
05-29-2005, 01:45 PM

no sir

PM5= Proto Matrix 5

Target Practice
05-29-2005, 01:53 PM
Lowering "Too Damn Much" just brings the price down to "Still Too Damn Much".

JimmyBeam
05-29-2005, 03:11 PM
Lowering "Too Damn Much" just brings the price down to "Still Too Damn Much".

true....but im half tempted to pick one up and get rid of my hated Ion.

Target Practice
05-29-2005, 03:12 PM
true....but im half tempted to pick one up and get rid of my hated Ion.
Shouldn't have gotten the Ion in the first place.

Python14
05-29-2005, 03:16 PM
the DMC out already. So Dye (and Proto) are trying to get rid of all the other guns.

No. I've had this discussion many times before. The DMC is not a replacement for anything. It's simply a proof on concept. It's roughly Dyes equivalent of the Ford GT.

JimmyBeam
05-29-2005, 03:37 PM
Shouldn't have gotten the Ion in the first place.

yea i know, but....for the money it works...for now. it was my first electro. i went from JT-->Mag-->electro. now i guess im ready to make to step to the higher end ones

yakitori
05-30-2005, 07:36 AM
I dont understand why you hate your Ion. Or why a lot of others hate it. Ive shot a lot of Higher end guns, and you are not going to see a huge difference in performance. There is nothing wrong w/ the Ion other than ppl see that it is an Ion and think its cheap and a POS. They make a great backup and not seriously bad for a entry level tourney marker. They shoot great.

Archangel Zer0
05-30-2005, 09:03 AM
I dont understand why you hate your Ion. Or why a lot of others hate it. Ive shot a lot of Higher end guns, and you are not going to see a huge difference in performance. There is nothing wrong w/ the Ion other than ppl see that it is an Ion and think its cheap and a POS. They make a great backup and not seriously bad for a entry level tourney marker. They shoot great.
Because it's made of the absolute lowest quality materials that Smart Parts could possibly use. You can cross thread the body screws and not even notice you're doing it. Take it apart a few dozen times and you'll end up despising it. The Ion is a cheap POS. I still recommend it for players that want a starter electro, but most players will outgrow it quickly. I'm lucky that I sold mine on eBay for the same price I bought it, I think they will have a lot of issues with quality crop up fairly quickly.

yakitori
05-30-2005, 08:00 PM
I dont believe that cross threading is the fault of the material. Its the user that made the mistake. How long does it take to line up something BEFORE you tighten it w/ a wrench. I screw mine in w/ my fingers until I cant do it anymore.

I have used emags, timmys, viking, etc, and I think the Ion is great, esp for its price. There isnt anything to outgrow. Ppl just need to take thier time when lubing or fixing something on it. Its not hard. I HAVE taken it apart several dozen times. No problems as of yet.

My main gun is a viking, but I have nothing but good things to say about the Ion.

As for the PM5 price. I have no idea why its dropped. Prolly cause more ppl buy the DMs instead.

Lohman446
05-30-2005, 08:34 PM

DM5 = Dye Matrix 2005
PM5 = Proto Matrix 2005

Understand? Pretty simple

gc82000
05-30-2005, 09:13 PM
PM5 = Proto Matrix 2005

for some reason everytime I see PM5, I think of PMS. IDK I think it is just me.

paintballbeaver
05-30-2005, 10:13 PM
AS OF

6/01/05

Dye will be dropping there Map (minimum advertized price)

on the proto matrix

to 799.99

Fathom
05-31-2005, 01:52 PM
for some reason everytime I see PM5, I think of PMS. IDK I think it is just me.

when i see PM5 i see POS myself :ninja:

sorry for the mistake on my part

magman007
05-31-2005, 03:18 PM
when i see you post.... i see my self ending my self

Enemy
05-31-2005, 08:35 PM
yes the price of the protos has dropped drastically look for used ones to start popping up for even cheaper!