PDA

View Full Version : Retro Valve vs. Smart Parts Max Flo

Flash
11-27-2001, 08:48 AM
I have a way to Make my gun work on a vertical max flo reg. instead of the minimag valve on my gun. I've heard that an impulse can only reach 32 balls per sec. because of the regulator because it recharges so fast and so I'll take out the old valve guts and seal the hole for the velocity adjuster so that the old reg. won't slow the Max Flo down. Would it be better to buy a RT valve and get a reg. to regulate the pressure of the CO2,that is all I can use, because I've heard that the only reason the RT valve won't work with CO2 is because the CO2 is unregulated and it does not have enough time to heat up up I've takin care of that because I have a coiled remote with a six stage expansion chamber on it. So which is better?

PS Sorry about it being hard to understand but I wrote this in school and I'm in a hurry. Thanks

Thordic
11-27-2001, 09:49 AM
There is no way the MaxFlo cycles 32 times a second without shootdown. The retro valve is the fastest recharging valve on the market, hands down.

You simply can't achieve high rates of fire with C02, regulated or not.

The problem with CO2 is it needs to expand. At high rates of fire, the liquid CANNOT expand to gas fast enough to feed the gun. No matter how you regulate it, high ROF + CO2 = shootdown and bad performance. You could pull 10 bps bursts with CO2 fine on a stock valve, how fast are you looking to shoot?

If you really need to shoot more than 10 bps (if you can even pull the trigger that fast, I have a fast finger and I can barely pull 10), you need to get HPA.

The Retro doesn't work on CO2 for this reason and also some of the orings in the gun will not work very well with CO2. If you shoot a retro on CO2 at like 4 BPS, you probably wouldn't notice a difference, but other than that, bad idea.

Flash
11-27-2001, 05:39 PM
OK so the impulse can't shoot 32 ball per second but it still preforms better than the automags regulator, right? Than why, relatively speaking, won't the max flo increase the performance of my gun? My friend has an Impulse and he says that he has very little shootdown with it, and the only shootdown that is present is every fifth ball drops off. I don't need to be able to shoot 26 balls per second without shoot but I do need to be able to shoot atleast 13 balls per second because I have a Boo-Yaah Elcd frame and I put it on full-auto and capped the cycle rate off at 10 bps and it shotdown like crazy. I just want to have a gun capable of doing this so I don't have to worry about it at 10bps because I know I can shoot 10bps with this trigger. I know I may sound presistent but maybe you didn't understand what I meant when I wrote that post I don't want a regulator better than the RT valve I just want a regulator better than the a.i.r. valve on my gun at the present time.

PyRo
11-27-2001, 06:08 PM
The automag regulator is a great reg. It give you about a +-2 velocity. With the retro you don't even have to worry about shootdown.

freakyt
11-27-2001, 09:05 PM
The AIR reg should be able to make 10 bps on air without any shootdown. Just don't run any other inline regs with HPA.

If you are seeing shootdown, you might want to change your airline setup or your tank perhaps. Are you running microline? What tank to do you have? If your using C02 and 10 bps in the same sentance, your pushing it. If you use C02 and 32 bps in the same sentance, your an outright fool man. Of course your C02 will shootdown. My God, C02 will shootdown at 3 bps without a reg.

Also, remember you can't use C02 on a retro valve, don't forget that. That's very bad.

PyRo
11-27-2001, 09:14 PM
Shootdown on mag=change reg seat.

Cha0tic
11-27-2001, 09:18 PM
the AGD reg is great. and if it wasn't, why would Air America use the same design?

Muzikman
11-27-2001, 09:21 PM
Hmm...I knew I should have pulled my maxFlow outta the car when I was at AGD. The MaxFlow is a great reg, but I doubt that it recharges faster than an RT valve. That being said, as it was already pointed out, there is no way you can get 32bps out of CO2 no matter which way you look at it. The tank would freeze and you would end up with a lump of dry ice in the bottom of the tank at that kind of rate. There is also nothing you are going to do to increase the ROF on a RT/Retro valve. Who ever said an Imp can fire 32bps is full of you know what:)