PDA

View Full Version : 05 Freestyle?

Ozone67357
05-29-2005, 03:53 PM
I am considering getting a Freestyle and was wondering if anyone has any experience with them and what were their impressions.

rkjunior303
05-29-2005, 03:59 PM
Just used a teammates 04 with 05 internals today during practice.. small and light, crazy fast, etc. I'd consider getting one.

Look for an 04 with the 05 parts -- you can find them under $500.

Gas hogs though, even with the HE bolt.

danoxide
05-29-2005, 07:24 PM

why does everyone spend so much attention on how much gas a gun uses? everybody is spending crazy amounts of money on HE bolt kits when the last time i checked, everywhere....EVERYWHERE i play gives you all day air with your entrence fee. so whats it matter if you get 900 shots or 1200 shots...personally im not getting close to 500 shoots a game so it doesnt really effect me.

rant over.

out.

Conversekidz
05-29-2005, 07:28 PM
When a 70/3k fill will not give you a halo and 4 pods there is an issue, i can get 4 pods off per 1000psi with my viking.

I shoot a 04 freestyle with 05 internals, STD JDS lpr, and Sidewinder HPR and i have issues with effeciancy.

Evolve is making a new bolt where you can get 1600 shots or so off a 68/4500 fill.

They are awsome guns, small, fast, light, only down side is the air issue. If you are a player that shoots a lot then it becomes an issue.

If your field does full 4.5k fills then it isn't bad at all, its when you can only get 3k fills you run into issues.

rkjunior303
05-29-2005, 07:31 PM
I play back. During a 5 man game, I sometimes shoot 5 pods and a hopper a game -- that's why I would be concerned.

Athius
05-29-2005, 07:35 PM
I am considering getting a Freestyle and was wondering if anyone has any experience with them and what were their impressions.

It is a great marker, the maintance is simple, speed and accuracy is the best feature of that marker. And another thing ICD has the best costumer support of the world they gave me a new board in the world cup since the chaos baord went to hell with no charge and in tampa they fixed my B2k for free.

I consider the freestyle the best spool valve electro ever.

Cameo
05-29-2005, 08:37 PM
I played with one for a 15 minute woodsball game back in April.. Very very nice shot, seemed accurate, and the trigger was oh so sensitive.. It was quite the experince for a chick who has only shot Mechanical Guns. Abit to much power for this chicky.. I am more for the trying to be accurate rather then spray and pray. :D

68magOwner
05-29-2005, 08:46 PM
....air efficency not important....nonsense, back to back games in a tourney? or just tight scheduling/long lines, if nothing else, for convience sake, having an efficient marker is definately a big plus

ojhspyro89
05-29-2005, 08:53 PM
There where 2 free styles at the field today. They both worked EXTREEMLY well. At the end i dryfired a little bit with a 05 and 04. They where both pretty fast. one thing we noticed is the 05 trigger frame has a bigger trigger gaurd than the 04. There is enough room to notice and it really helps. The guy with the freestyle was playing back and it shot great i dunno if he had any breaks.

Ozone67357
05-29-2005, 11:13 PM
Efficiency isn't a huge deal to me, I don't shoot that much. Plus, at the field I goto the fill station is near the field entrance so it's convienient. So far I like the sound of the Freestyle.

Thanks for your input.

Josh2Xtremes
05-30-2005, 04:00 AM
At Adventure Beach. :D
www.adventurebeach.com (shameless plug)
Josh

Josh2Xtremes
05-30-2005, 04:02 AM
Red.
Finally in stock.
Josh

Skoad
05-30-2005, 06:01 AM
why does everyone spend so much attention on how much gas a gun uses? everybody is spending crazy amounts of money on HE bolt kits when the last time i checked, everywhere....EVERYWHERE i play gives you all day air with your entrence fee. so whats it matter if you get 900 shots or 1200 shots...personally im not getting close to 500 shoots a game so it doesnt really effect me.

The same reason why everyday people buy some Ferrari that can go 250mph...I mean they will never drive it that fast.

If you buy a high performance piece of equipment you should expect high performance, even if you never get to use its full potential :)

plus it gives you piece of mind. Something you don't want to worry about while your playing some game is if your tank's gonna run empty and you start passing up shots to save air.

slade
05-30-2005, 09:22 AM
Just used a teammates 04 with 05 internals today during practice.. small and light, crazy fast, etc. I'd consider getting one.

Look for an 04 with the 05 parts -- you can find them under $500.

yeah, i picked it up on ebay for $460 shipped, id highly recomend it over an 05. you could also look into newer freestyles like the ND, freestyle pro, AB or destructive customs if you like the looks or want other regs, but the stock ones are fine.

if you get one, make sure you get the right manual. that means if you have an 04 with 05 internals, you download the 05 manual. and read through it and make sure you know how it works and what you have to do, the marker functions essentially off of a balance of the HPR and LPR. yesterday at the field a kid with an 05 freestyle came up to me and asked me to chrono his gun because he couldnt figure out how to get it working, the bolt wouldnt go back and kept leaking air. all it took was raising the LPR so it would push the bolt back, ballpark the HPR at around 350 and play with the LPR to chrono it.

and yeah they are gas hogs, but they get better as they break in. and yes, there are plenty of reasons to want higher efficiency. if you are a back man, especially if you end up playing back to back games (like my field always does) you could run out of air off of a full fill, if it isnt broken in yet. or if youre like me and you always forget to fill your tank you could run out, there have been so many times my mag has run out of air mid game, its only a matter of time till it happens with my freestyle. it actually almost happened yesterday, at the end of the game i was lobbing paint (and then i was called out for overshooting cause the kid didnt call himself out :( )

and then theres the fact that if you have to tune your gun at home, you dont want to run out of air. i have a scuba which helps, but i still wouldnt like to have to fill it as much as i do.

oh yeah, and if you do get a freestyle youll need some lube, if you want any DOW 33 pm me. i accidentally bought a 5 oz tube that i dont need, havent even opened it yet. :(

Doobie
05-30-2005, 10:27 AM
At Adventure Beach. :D
www.adventurebeach.com (shameless plug)
Josh

Ho....;)

Josh2Xtremes
05-30-2005, 10:01 PM
The good part, though, Doobie is that I'm finally not a BROKE ho. Guess I'm being pimped out by the right people to the right clientele. ;)

Was thinking about making an olive/black AB Freestyle soon Doobie, think it'd get any takers? And also considering a desert tan with black. Oh and the black with silver is looking SEXAH!

Drop me a phone call sometime it'd be great to hear from you!
Josh